Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 08-10-2014, 8:59 PM
Veteran Member

Default GOVX?

Has anybody ever ordered through GovX? It's like Oakley's standard issue military sales program. Infact it was a E business made by one of the founders from Oakley who did military sales.

Anyways, I tried activating my account on AKO. But it seems like it's blocked That was kinda a dumb move for me to use email verification on AKO.

Last edited by Tacit Blue; 08-10-2014 at 9:02 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM

Default GovX

I have ordered several times through GovX with no issues. Pretty decent discounts and they ship really quick. Every order has comes with a GovX sticker and hand written note thanking you for your purchase and service. Nice touch. Another good place for discount for Military is promotive.com.
NRA Life Member
CA DOJ Certified Instructor
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Old 08-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

I got it figured it out. Yeah, I have access to it now. Nice to know about the note!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Calguns Addict

I have an account and look from time to time, but never have pulled the trigger on ordering anything. Cannot bring myself to spend the money on oakley's the way I either lose or destroy sunglasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrage View Post
Over reaction to non-crimes by State loyalists. If they keep up their heavy handed crap, soon it'll be a better gamble to shoot at cops before they even start bothering you considering the amount of time they're willing to put you in prison for if you cooperate.

Seems like that pendulum is about to shift.
Is this your Calguns?

Old 09-08-2014, 2:50 AM

How does GOVX compare to NEX pricing etc?
Old 06-16-2016, 9:54 AM

I just learned that I am eligible to use www.govx.com . So, I googled for reviews to see if they were a reputable site. I found this thread...

Next, i wanted to know if they really had good deals, so i found their list of Vortex Optics and cross referenced Amazon prices.

I found that EVERY Vortex optic was between 20-80 dollars CHEAPER on GovX.

I then spot checked prices on a few tactical knives, multi-tools, and tactical watches. GovX was about $50 cheaper than Amazon on every item i checked.

I still have not ordered from them. But, they might be worth your time, if you qualify to use their site based on military, LEO or EMS status...
Old 06-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Calguns Addict

I do have account with them and tons of my coworkers have in the past ordered from them without any issue.

Do this if you are planning to order from them..
select the item you want and put it in the checkout box and just leave it...
In few days, they will give you 15% to 20% off coupon for you to finish your order.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackUSMC View Post
I do have account with them and tons of my coworkers have in the past ordered from them without any issue.

Do this if you are planning to order from them..
select the item you want and put it in the checkout box and just leave it...
In few days, they will give you 15% to 20% off coupon for you to finish your order.
Holy Crap! Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to get a new Vortex scope now...

Very cool!
Old 06-17-2016, 9:09 PM
Zipper-Suited Sun God
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamacoastie View Post
Holy Crap! Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to get a new Vortex scope now...

Very cool!
Forget GovX... contact Vortex directly about their military program... 40% off anything vs. the small stock on GovX. Also check out ProMotive.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.
Old 06-22-2016, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Haas View Post
Forget GovX... contact Vortex directly about their military program... 40% off anything vs. the small stock on GovX. Also check out ProMotive.
Thanks for the tips... I just signed up for Promotive, but I have to wait up to 48 hours for them to verify my DD214 and let me join a team.

I'll def go check Vortex's website to see about the military discount.

Thanks again!
Old 06-23-2016, 10:00 AM

I went to the Vortex website and found out about the Military/Veteran/LEO program. I filled out the form and uploaded my DD214 as proof. Within 12 hours I received an email stating that I was now enrolled and could immediately place orders with the amazing discount.

I called the sales rep and was told that they would take my order BUT they are back ordered 1-3 months on all red dots... Crazy... What good is a discount if you have to wait 3 months to use it?

I'm not complaining. I appreciate their discount program and would love to use it, but I don't know if I can wait three months...
Old 06-28-2016, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the tips... I just signed up for Promotive, but I have to wait up to 48 hours for them to verify my DD214 and let me join a team.

I'll def go check Vortex's website to see about the military discount.

Thanks again!
Alright... It took about 4 days, but I was inducted into the Special Forces Team and the Coast Guard Team. Now I have access to Vortex, Trijicon, Bushnell, Sig, and other OPTICS manufacturers; along with about 300 other manufacturers who make everything from bicycles to work out supplements.

I haven't had a chance to dig in too deep, but I already see that the "discounts" are all taken from MSRP. So, even after jumping through all the hoops, the "deals" might not be much better than deals you can find on www.slickguns.com . I'm not complaining and I might still purchase a few things through Promotive. I'm just letting everyone else know not to get your hopes up too much.
Old 06-30-2016, 4:56 PM
Zipper-Suited Sun God
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Alright... It took about 4 days, but I was inducted into the Special Forces Team and the Coast Guard Team. Now I have access to Vortex, Trijicon, Bushnell, Sig, and other OPTICS manufacturers; along with about 300 other manufacturers who make everything from bicycles to work out supplements.

I haven't had a chance to dig in too deep, but I already see that the "discounts" are all taken from MSRP. So, even after jumping through all the hoops, the "deals" might not be much better than deals you can find on www.slickguns.com . I'm not complaining and I might still purchase a few things through Promotive. I'm just letting everyone else know not to get your hopes up too much.
That is one of the problems with a lot of these programs is the manufacturers usually discount MSRP.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.
Old 08-10-2016, 5:51 PM

Hi again. Just FYI, to anyone who cares. I bought TWO Vortex Sparc AR Red Dot sights today from promotive.com . I was able to purchase them at a discount of $50 cheaper than amazon. So, in purchasing two, I have saved $100. I had to pay $10 shipping.

I'll update later with the number of days it took to get the actual products delivered... I ordered on 10 AUG 2016. I'll try to reply again when they are received.
Old 08-23-2016, 4:45 PM

GOVX is very hit or miss. I was looking at some watches there with what seemed to be super steep discounts and was impressed. I then googled them and found them for 50 dollars cheaper in multiple other places.

Make sure you look up what you buy before you pull the trigger. A 60% mark down does sound sweet though.