Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 07-28-2014, 1:49 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Marine for Life - connecting Marines to Opportunities

Marines,

I'm the new Orange County representative for Marine For Life, an official program of the U.S. Marine Corps, that provides Marines with links to employers and Marine-friendly organizations that can ease their transition to civilian life and help them succeed. There are more than 50 Marine Corps Reservists serving as representatives nationwide, and several full time civilian employees who actively reach out to build a network of support. Marine For Life also assists Marine reservists, Marine veterans, and Sailors who have served with Marine Corps units.

So, if you're a Marine and would like to change careers, get accepted at an ivy league college, apply for education benefits, get back in the Marine Corps, move to Portland Oregon and work for Intel, or just reconnect with Marines; shoot me a PM with your needs and interest.

Semper Fi,

SSgt Seling

Attention Marines! (and military friendly employers); I'm the new OC rep for www.marineforlife.org, looking to connect transitioning Marines to civilian opportunities; employment, education, etc. PM me if you are a Marine in need, or if you have an opportunity for military members.
Old 07-30-2014, 1:24 PM

Oorah SSGT! Thanks for lookin out
For a combat soldier, the difference between success and failure is your ability to adapt to your enemy. The people that we deal with, they don't care about the rules. All they care about is a result. My job is to stop them from completing their objective, at all costs.
Old 08-01-2014, 9:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Oorah!

Met with G4S hiring manager (Army vet) from LA last week; he's looking to hire 15 former military members for security missions. They say it's not a typical boring security job; you'll do all kinds of operations with room for advancement, or use the experience to get into law enforcement. They do some standard stuff like guarding hospitals, but they also do security details and run convoy security. They provide firearm and 5.11 gear and transportation; prefer for you to have guard card and permit, but can assist with that as well. PM if interested, I'll put you in contact with them.

Attention Marines! (and military friendly employers); I'm the new OC rep for www.marineforlife.org, looking to connect transitioning Marines to civilian opportunities; employment, education, etc. PM me if you are a Marine in need, or if you have an opportunity for military members.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:46 AM

Good seeing some help for unemployed vets out there. Keep up the good work SSgt, Semper Fi
Old 08-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

G4S is having a job fair on 8/14/14 looking to hire Vets. You can go to G4S website for more info on the job position. Or you can PM me your email, and I'll put you in touch with the Operations Manager who can answer any specific questions about the position, salary, benefits, growth opportunities, etc.

My Team will be interviewing and recruiting candidates at The CSAC Downtown Work Source Center on 8/14/14.

Computers will be available on-site so we can walk candidates through the application process!

Guard Card Program Assistance Funding from CSAC will be on-hand exclusively for G4S Job Opportunities!

Please pass out our website so those who are interested can create their profile now and apply for any positions they qualify for and will stream line our hiring process. I am going to be at For MacArthur on August 14,2014 to give more information prior to our Job Fair.

G4S Career Center Website: www.usajobs.g4s.com

JOB FAIR FLYER ATTACHED>

Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Apple At Home Advisor - work from home doing customer service and IT stuff for Apple. http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/advisor_pro_faq.html

Login to the Apple virtual booth here http://events.veteranrecruiting.com/...exhibits/Apple . If you are interested in the At Home Advisor role, send the Apple recruiter an email in their virtual booth, and be sure to tell them you are emailing them from the Veteran Recruiting virtual career fair

Old 08-31-2014, 4:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

OC, Riverside, San Diego - do you like working on trucks, have ambition to grow, show up on time and can follow orders? A fellow Calguns member's company which is staffed by several veterans, is seeking three veterans to fill entry level positions as Yard Technicians. Pete's Road Service has 9 locations, and does commercial vehicle maintenance and tire. Yard Tech's will be worked 50 hours per week, benefits and opportunities for OT, Commission & Bonus are available. Experience not required, just a valid driver's license, good work ethic and ambition. This is a family owned business that sounds like they take care of their own; all nine store managers started as Yard Techs. And workers who run their own trucks are earning $80k+ per year. http://www.petesrs.com/locations/

PM for more info or if interested.

Old 08-31-2014, 4:59 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Financial Housing support for LA and OC Veterans - are you (or a vet you know) struggling with rent, at risk of eviction, need help paying utility bills, have child care costs, extensive vehicle repair bills? Or maybe is at risk of losing their housing, or maybe living in their car, a shelter, or are homeless?

If so, contact Volunteers of America,
855-266-3209 toll free
714-426-9834 local
ssvfoc@voala.org

From VOALA:
Volunteers of America Los Angeles - received an SSVF grant to help 360 families through 9/30/2014 and they've only helped 200. Under the SSVF program, VOALA provides services for the following areas:

Case Management Services
Financial Planning Counseling
Housing Counseling
Outreach Services
Financial Income Support (rent, security deposits, move in costs, utility bills, car maintenance fees, transportation assistance, day care costs, and basic living necessities like bedding) Assistance in obtaining Veteran Benefits/Services Other Services for Maintaining Independent Living

There are 3 criteria:

1. Served in the US Armed Forces and discharge status in NOT dishonorable

2. Low income (Below 50% of the AMI in Orange County)

3. At-risk of becoming homeless (has an eviction notice), or literally Homeless (on the streets, in a vehicle, in a shelter, or leaving temporary housing -transitional housing, jail, hospital- without a housing plan)

If you come into contact with a Veteran that could use our services you could email us ssvfoc@voala.org or call us. Or the Veteran can call us directly and we can screen them quickly over the phone or we can do this face to face. An ROI form is necessary if you would like us to follow up with you regarding the Veterans status. The Veteran would be the one that would sign the ROI allowing us to keep you informed.