Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2014, 5:52 AM
antiseen's Avatar
antiseen antiseen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 844
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Where do those in Oceanside go shoot?

Friend is in town from AZ and thinking about taking him shooting today. Probably go to iron sights, since I'm in Oceanside. The only problem is I can't bring the AK... Only have wolf ammo.

It would be nice to go to a free spot out on blm but I've only got a corolla. I know there is some land out in Perris but I'd need a 4x4. Anyone know of any spots near(45min-1hr) oceanside that I can access with a car? Obviously pm sensitive material.

Sbr&g is also another possibility, as I know they aren't strict on ammo type.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2014, 6:00 AM
Bete Noire's Avatar
Bete Noire Bete Noire is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego Area
Posts: 432
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Sewet Gun Range in Anza. Maybe just over 1 hr from you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2014, 6:24 AM
antiseen's Avatar
antiseen antiseen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 844
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire View Post
Sewet Gun Range in Anza. Maybe just over 1 hr from you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That place looks pretty cool
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-06-2014, 8:49 AM
MauserMike's Avatar
MauserMike MauserMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N. San Diego County
Posts: 683
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I dont go to iron sights anymore. its too dangerous, with half the shooters in there looking like gangsters such close quarters and way too many wackos in so-cal let alone oceanside i would rather not shoot than go to iron sights...

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...nge-oceanside/

this is just one example of why i never go to oceanside iron sights shooting range... filled with LEO's and people just staring you down while you try to shoot and have fun, so many rules... just a bad range all together...

If you want to try a real shooting range very close to you... L.E. Duncan's Rainbow shooting range in rainbow ca, between fallbrook and temecula.... best shooting range around hands down, outdoor, friendly people, its a yearly membership but makes iron sights in oside look like it should be illegal.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2014, 9:50 AM
antiseen's Avatar
antiseen antiseen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 844
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauserMike View Post
I dont go to iron sights anymore. its too dangerous, with half the shooters in there looking like gangsters such close quarters and way too many wackos in so-cal let alone oceanside i would rather not shoot than go to iron sights...

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...nge-oceanside/

this is just one example of why i never go to oceanside iron sights shooting range... filled with LEO's and people just staring you down while you try to shoot and have fun, so many rules... just a bad range all together...

If you want to try a real shooting range very close to you... L.E. Duncan's Rainbow shooting range in rainbow ca, between fallbrook and temecula.... best shooting range around hands down, outdoor, friendly people, its a yearly membership but makes iron sights in oside look like it should be illegal.
My friends are coming in town from AZ this weekend and want to go shoot my rifles.

I'm thinking sbr&g, or maybe that Sewet gun range. I've heard about the range in rainbow. I'll check that out too. Do you know if they allow steel case/core? That's why sbr&g is in the lead because I know they do.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 6,938
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

BLM land is all closed off for fire season. Imperial county BLM land is open, if you like 105 degrees.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2014, 10:21 AM
antiseen's Avatar
antiseen antiseen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 844
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
BLM land is all closed off for fire season. Imperial county BLM land is open, if you like 105 degrees.
Yeah, I figured as much. Plus, I want to take the AK and mosin out, so shooting on BLM isn't really an option with bimetal/steel core ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2014, 6:47 PM
stitch_paradox's Avatar
stitch_paradox stitch_paradox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,628
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

If you want to shoot your magnetic ammo, you can go to P2k range in el cajon, San Diego.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2014, 8:07 PM
MauserMike's Avatar
MauserMike MauserMike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N. San Diego County
Posts: 683
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiseen View Post
My friends are coming in town from AZ this weekend and want to go shoot my rifles.

I'm thinking sbr&g, or maybe that Sewet gun range. I've heard about the range in rainbow. I'll check that out too. Do you know if they allow steel case/core? That's why sbr&g is in the lead because I know they do.
yeah you can shoot anything but tracers and explosive ammunition! 75yrd or so pistol range, skeet shootin, steel rimfire range, 100yrd rifle range. speed steel pistol. \ect ect yearly membership and current NRA card required with a 2 guest maximum and family member deals ect. at 15 each though... its not a huuuuge range. more of a secret honey hole.... keep it hush hush ;D

http://www.rainbowshootingrange.com/

Last edited by MauserMike; 06-06-2014 at 8:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:17 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.