Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions > Shotgun Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun Gallery Post pictures of your scattergun here.

Old 06-28-2013, 7:17 PM

Default Saiga 12 Conversion

Did my first conversion on the Saiga 12, pretty easy overall. I'm definitely no gunsmith but as long as you follow the directions and have a fair knowledge of how guns work it's pretty simple.

I bought everything from Carolina Shooters Supply, didn't know at first I needed the modified bolt hold open so the project was delayed a few days while I waited for it to arrive. I didn't want to cut the tangs off so I went with the AK stock.

The bullet button that came with the shotgun wouldn't work with a conversion. I think it's made by Prince 50. I picked up one from Raddlock and Solar Tactical. Decided to go with the one from Raddlock. Esthetically it looked better.

Now it's time to see how it shoots, I'll be heading to the range this week to try it out.

I have another Saiga 12 on order and as soon as it arrives I'll be doing the Kushnapup conversion to it.

The pictures of the bullet button go:
1. Raddlock
2. The one that came stock with the shotgun, possibly from Prince 50
3. Solar Tactical

Old 07-01-2013, 4:07 PM

Took the Saiga to the range today. Fired 50 rounds of Federal 00Buck and 20 rounds of PMC Low Velocity 00Buck. When using the facotry 5 round magazine I had zero issues with both shells. But when I used the 10 round magazines from SGM Tactical they kept sticking. I'll have to take the magazine apart and see if I can figure out why. Otherwise it's an awesome shotgun, shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. Not sure how it shoots with birdshot but I never use that stuff at the range anyway.
Old 04-29-2014, 9:43 PM

Nice work! No clays with that? :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2014, 9:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How many rounds can you stuff into the SGM mags? I don't have feeding problems with mine, but all four of my 10-round mags hold 11.
Old 04-30-2014, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdben92883 View Post
How many rounds can you stuff into the SGM mags? I don't have feeding problems with mine, but all four of my 10-round mags hold 11.
The Vepr 12 mags are the same way. They don't work too well if you over load them.