Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 1:55 PM

Default Planning a shooting trip

Hi all,

Im planning a shooting trip for myself and the family. There will be two new shooters and 3 very experienced shooters.

Typically when i do not go to the range i go to the hills in Banning, though i am not 100% sure these are legal. I find contradicting information on here.

i want to take them to either Hodge Road or somewhere similar. I would like to have a good backstop and be a little out of the way. i do not want to go to a range because of the new shooters and i would like to have the ability to talk with them without others shooting.

Im pretty open on going pretty much anywhere. Hodge rd, mojave, How is bees canyon? Ive never been. Any recommendations?

thanks
Old 02-21-2014, 1:46 PM

Have you looked into Burro Canyons private ranges in Azusa? Not free, but definitely a more "professional" environment than taking new shooters to BLM land and having them worry about safety concerns, if they have any at all.

It's $100 per private range, that allows 4 shooters. Each additional shooter is another $25/per, and there are now new fees put into place which I am not familiar with so you might want to ask. You need to call and reserve about 3 weeks ahead.

I have no prior experience with any BLM land, but I hope to get out to some soon. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Last edited by JensenRecoil; 02-22-2014 at 10:02 AM..