Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 11-30-2012, 8:34 PM

Default FIREClean?

Sorry, another cleaner/lube thread. Anybody heard of or used FIREClean (www.cleanergun.com)? Only mention of it I found here on CG was in a post from Rainier Arms awhile back. The claims seem similar to those of Froglube, but this stuff is even more expensive ($30 for 4oz??).

Not really in the market for a new CLP, but just curious about it since Modern Musket plugged them on Facebook.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 11-30-2012, 8:48 PM
I need more cowbell!!!!!!
CGN Contributor

Not trying to be a Richard.... Think about the CLP logically

What is the purpose of a cleaner?
-Clean dirt, debris and old lube off a part

What is the purpose of a Lube?
-Reduce friction and wear on metal to metal parts

So can a product effectively clean and lube at the same time?
Old 12-03-2012, 9:13 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Yes, it does work.

That price you mentioned is a current promotion for two 2oz bottles from the manufacturer FIREClean. You can purchase single bottles for less.

It is also available from a variety of other places listed on their website. This is not a sales pitch in any way, this is me trying to explain and respond to your question with information that I gained by testing it myself. And the advantages I have found thus far by trying this product. (Disclaimer: I do sell the product / I am not biased)

I personally test all the products before I would make any comment about them. I was introduced to this by a friend in the shooting community / industry some months ago. I watched a youtube video that he made where he did an actual test comparison with all three products Fireclean / CLP / Froglube. The results were so impressive that I decided to contact FireClean and purchase a few bottles to test myself. I did and it surpassed my expectations. After finishing my testing I contacted the company and provided some feedback about their product and singed up to become a dealer.

Previous products that I have used:

Lubrication :CLP, Slip 2000, Machine Gunners Oil, RemOil, Hoppes, Froglube and others

Also in conjunction with Powderblast, a set of dentistry tools for scraping, a variety of cotton swabs, Costco baby wipes, various materials to wipe, and more.

Many of the items are toxic, a strong odor, and can cause damage to different materials if applied incorrectly. I really liked the direction that FrogLube took with the non toxic step forward. I could use this and not worry about wearing gloves and having to do my cleaning outside.

Fireclean out performed all of the products I previously had tested and used in every aspect: Cleaning / Conditioning / Lubrication

**One very important thing to know* If you apply this product it only takes a little bit to do the job. Do not apply as much as you would other products it would be a waste. I shoot regularly and attend many training courses each year and I anticipate one 2oz bottle lasting me probably close to a year, maybe more. This is for multiple firearms also. (Pistol / Shotgun / Carbine / Bolt Gun)

I no longer need to use all the other items I listed because after I treat the parts the carbon wipes off with a dry paper towel for cleaning. I drag a bore snake through my barrel between days of training (if I am not going to take it apart to clean) but that is about it. Your detail and cleaning methods will vary, but this works for me.

You can also take a look at the industry members / instructors who are endorsing the product and get an idea. Many of them are guys that have more experience than anyone I have ever met. These are guys who shoot for a living and are not afraid to tell you what they think about it because they are not going to suger coat anything, not their style.

You can find these in single bottle availability also if you don't wish to purchase two right away. I suggest giving it a try and see for yourself if you think it does what you need it to do for you. I did and I am very glad I took the time because it now outperforms the previous products and saves me time which I do not have a lot of these days. Cleaning firearms is not fun for me but I do it because I take care of them so they take care of me when I need them. My life might depend on it one day.

To sum it up: I save time and money. The product does exactly what it advertises in my opinion. I am confident enough to post this information and stand behind my opinion of it.

Side note: One thing I have learned is that guys are very particular about their products. Some may have been taught by their fathers or mentors how to clean/lube their firearms and appreciate that particular method/products because it works for them. There may be sentimental value to it also. I understand and appreciate that. I learned on my own and continue to try new things to increase effectiveness of desired results.
You will undoubtedly read replies from all spectrums so please be open minded.

Give it a shot. I think you will be more than pleased.

Contact info for more information:
Fireclean's website: www.cleanergun.com
Fireclean's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/fireclean (You can view testimonials, videos, photos and more)

Single bottles available here: FIRECLEAN $14.95 / 2oz. Bottle

Last edited by JOHNNYRAMBO; 12-03-2012 at 1:46 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 9:14 AM
Vendor/Retailer

You are welcome to PM me with any questions.

Last edited by JOHNNYRAMBO; 12-03-2012 at 9:28 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'm curious to have someone apply this to the cylinder face of a stainless revolver.

Every stainless or nickled revolver I've ever had developed a "halo" of carbon that you could see after firing just a few rounds, and which was impossible to clean off. You might have to tilt it just right, catch the light perfectly... but you could still see it. Not a big sooty black layer... more like a stain in a white shirt that is as clean as it's ever going to be after being washed several times and treated with every cleaning product known to man... that ghost of a mustard stain is still there. That's kind of what this carbon "halo" is like. I've never been able to get one out - regardless of cleaning product or brush - and I wonder if Fireclean would prevent it or solve it.

Would love to hear from anyone who tries this.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM

JohnnyRambo, how did Fireclean stack up for you in the lubricating department? For some time I used Froglube on all of my guns, but I had to switch one of them to grease for lubricating because Froglube (as well as a few oil products) wasn't lubricating the slide rails well enough and resulting in cycling problems, which grease seemed to fix. I liked that Froglube made carbon wipe off easier, so if Fireclean can do the same thing but lubricate like grease, I might give it a shot.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 12-04-2012, 9:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Hopefully this will help answer some questions. This is the video that got me interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScdsWvFzsGc

Kf6tac-
For lubricating AK's many people use white lithium grease. RifleDynamics has a video on youtube on how to properly lube your AK if you are interested. I have no affiliation, just sharing this info because it was useful to me when I was searching for proper application guides.

Froglube is a nice product. There is nothing wrong with it. I used that product for quite a while until I switched to Fireclean. I really like that it is non toxic. Many people use it and are very pleased. After testing Fireclean I found it outperformed the froglube for my needs and personal preferences.

Yes I find it to remove carbon better than anything else I have tried by far. And as for lubrication it lasts longer and does not displace when it is heated up from heavy use. No dry white goopy when it dries either. It is clear when applied and stays that way. Also it takes only a few drops to do an entire bolt carrier group (AR). So I am using far less product too for better results.

Hope this helps.

WWW.CALEGALMAGS.COM
Old 12-04-2012, 1:53 PM

I decided to purchase some FireClean today. A gentleman over at MRcarbine dot net completely changed his thoughts on the product after testing it out in the cold of Alaska.

While it's not that cold here, he had impartial thoughts on it's effectiveness as both a cleaner and lube. Convinced me!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Tactical Beardsman
CGN Contributor

Do Local Shops typically carry this stuff ( East Bay Area Specifically), or is it an online only type of deal ?

Tried to check their website for a dealer locator, but no luck. Have a new virgin rifle I'm thinking about trying this out on.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I ordered it from Amazon and having coming from CLP, Slip2000, and FrogLube, I can say that my experiences match JohnnyRambo's. I've seen some absolutely disgusting guns continue to run with FireClean. And yes, it does make cleaning easier.
Old 02-19-2014, 1:12 PM

Very good product. Beats Frog Lube hands down.
Old 02-19-2014, 1:14 PM
Veteran Member

i've heard nothing but great things about fireclean

Old 02-19-2014, 5:07 PM

I just got some in the mail yesterday. I'm hoping to try it out next week.
Old 05-08-2014, 2:48 PM

Whats the best way to remove froglube to switch to fireclean. DO you need to strip down the frame and clean the internals real good before using firclean?

Or will it clean the froglube out on it own?
Old 05-08-2014, 3:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Non Chlorinated Brake Cleaner from Pep Boys works.

WWW.CALEGALMAGS.COM
Old 05-08-2014, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka View Post
Do Local Shops typically carry this stuff ( East Bay Area Specifically), or is it an online only type of deal ?

Tried to check their website for a dealer locator, but no luck. Have a new virgin rifle I'm thinking about trying this out on.
I know for a fact that Brentwood Armory carries it. That's where I got my bottle from.
Old 05-08-2014, 3:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka View Post

I have two bottles of FIRECLEAN (2oz) left if you need some-

http://www.calegalmags.com/FIREClean...tle_p_811.html

Best lube I have ever used. Replaced so many products with one bottle and it lasts forever since a little goes a LONG ways.

WWW.CALEGALMAGS.COM
Old 05-08-2014, 3:53 PM

I've switched over to FireClean on both pistols and rifles from froglube.

Noticed froglube would paste up for some guns I didn't shoot frequently enough overtime. Fireclean seems to be much better lubricant than froglube also.

Definitely more expensive then some other stuff but you really don't need a lot to lubricate a pistol or rifle...

Probably have a better opinion of it as I use it more but initial use have had no issues.

Also if your looking to try some and your in the San Jose area ....metal dog tactical carries it.
Old 05-08-2014, 4:29 PM

Get it.

I run Fireclean in my suppressed SBR and carbon wipes off with a paper towel. It's stupid good in that aspect, normal plinking and stuff you can make do with CLP but if your gun gets dirty to that degree you will definitely notice a difference.
Old 05-08-2014, 6:20 PM

fireclean is pretty GTG, never heard of anyone having a problem with it like FL.

and it does make bcg cleanings a lot easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaty-btz View Post
Knowing history sheds some very strange but amusing light on modern occurrences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko View Post
Whenever a women blows into my anus, it increases my milk yield too!