Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 1:00 PM

Default Any word on the Murrieta gun range?

I know they were trying to get funding awhile back. And it appears they got their 100k start up fees. Anyone heard if they still plan on opening up? or did they give up? their website appears dead. http://murrietashootingrange.com/
Old 02-04-2014, 1:03 PM
CGSSA Leader

I spoke with them about a week ago and this was the response:

We are just waiting on the city of Murrieta to finish the zoning change. We do need help with representation of gun owners. I don't know if you can share with your followers to show up to the last 2 city counsel meetings. I believe the next one is on January 22. But not 100% sure its going to be then. I will know more this next week and will let you know if the date is correct. We just need people to show up and show the city the support we have. The other is we still are looking for a few more investors if you know anyone who would be interested. You could have them contact us that would be great.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you-TJ Pfaut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by FearKrew; 02-04-2014 at 1:34 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 1:05 PM
CGSSA Leader

If you want to contact TJ let me know by PM and I will give you the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Does anyone have any idea why, since it is supposed to be located in Murrieta, it shows a location on Main St., west of Old Town Front Street in Temecula. This is just down the street from the Temecula Civic Center which I've been to.

If you click on Contact and then continue to click on the + button, that is what it shows. Having run both Rod Runs in both cities and living in French Valley, I know where Murrieta and Temecula are and this is puzzling. Mistake perhaps in the website or am I just reading this wrong. I have checked it twice and get the same thing both times.

I know there was an article in the Press Enterprise last year about trying to get some land in Murrieta zoned for an indoor range, but I haven't seen anything in the paper about it since then.
Old 02-05-2014, 2:06 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
Does anyone have any idea why, since it is supposed to be located in Murrieta, it shows a location on Main St., west of Old Town Front Street in Temecula. This is just down the street from the Temecula Civic Center which I've been to.

If you click on Contact and then continue to click on the + button, that is what it shows. Having run both Rod Runs in both cities and living in French Valley, I know where Murrieta and Temecula are and this is puzzling. Mistake perhaps in the website or am I just reading this wrong. I have checked it twice and get the same thing both times.

I know there was an article in the Press Enterprise last year about trying to get some land in Murrieta zoned for an indoor range, but I haven't seen anything in the paper about it since then.

They currently do not have any land zoned in Murrieta, and they do not have a facility. I believe the website is a generic model that they used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Thanks for the update, but they should have just left the location off as it is confusing to say the least if you don't know that.
Old 02-07-2014, 5:33 PM

This would be a good thing closer for me coming from Hemet I wonder what is there time line to get it opened.
Old 04-15-2014, 7:56 AM

For those who are interested according to their facebook page the City code was amended March 18th to allow indoor ranges. Now they have to acquire a location, get the permit, etc. They said they would post again once they have the location nailed down. I'd guess they are 5-6 months away at least depending on how long it takes for them to submit their application.
Old 04-15-2014, 2:22 PM

Thanks for the update any news better than none at least they are still moving a head.
Old 04-15-2014, 4:24 PM

Why build in Murrieta when Wildomar is ready willing and able to help them locate and build an indoor range?
Wildomar CA
951-757-9791
Online store
http://www.penningtonfa.com