Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-17-2014, 6:15 PM

Default 36 days to process Ccw renewal in Humboldt county

Just wanted to give a heads up to anybody with an upcoming renewal date for a Ccw in Humboldt county. They appear to be running a little long taking 36 days to approve and an additional day to receve the letter. The process was as painless as ever, I think there were some minor changes in the procedure but nothing of importance. This time was during the holidays so I'm sure that played into the timing but go ahead and give ample time for the process. As usual everybody was was polite and helpfull and all went as good or better than can be expected in this state.
That is all.
Old 01-17-2014, 8:16 PM

Out of curiosity, what is the procedure for renewal in Humboldt County?

Here in Fresno County once you have taken your renewal class all you need to do is take your class cert down to county fingerprinting, fill out a short form, pay da money, place thumbprint on card and go home to wait about 2 weeks.

Takes less than 1/2 hour at county and 2 weeks waiting.
"The 'Spray and Pray' system advances triumphantly in law enforcement. In a recent case in a southwestern city...a police officer, when threatened with a handgun, emptied his 15 shot pistol at his would-be assailant, achieving two peripheral hits. The citizen was charged with brandishing a firearm, but the cop was not charged with anything, lousy shooting not being a diciplinary offense."
--- Jeff Cooper, June 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2
Put you link where your opinion is.
Old 01-18-2014, 9:06 AM

Take renewal class and live fire (25 rounds for guns already on permit 50 for a new add on)
Pick up application at HCSO (also available online)
Drop off renewal certificate and completed app (I believe app can be dropped off at any time but if you are adding or swapping out any weapons an appointment must be made and the new firearm brought in unloaded and locked for serial number check)
I was swapping 2 of the 3 firearms listed on the permit so I had an appointment. Entire process took 10-15min to check SN and double check the app and would have been half that if the patient lady behind the desk didn't have to tell the guy in front of me 2 or 3 times that he would have to go around the corner to the courthouse for what he wanted for him to finally accept it, 4+hr round trip for 10 min process, oh well at least they issue with minimal hassle for our state. A deposit ($12?) is payed to start the process with balance due at pickup.
When notified by mail of the outcome go to HCSO to sign, thumb print and pick up permit. The letter mentions the option of having the permit brought to the local substation for pickup which would be nice if I wasn't going that way anyway.
Go find more practice ammo
Old 01-28-2014, 8:29 AM

They must have gotten caught up, I submitted my renewal application on the 16th and got my letter on the 27th. Going to pick it up today! Mine was a straight renewal though, no new guns on it or anything. Nice to see they are processing them quickly again!
Old 02-02-2014, 4:49 PM

I did my training on 1/13, dropped off the renewal application on 1/16, and returned for an appointment on 1/21 to change one gun. I was told that it was "ready for signatures" so apparently background checks had already cleared.

The letter had not arrived yet as of yesterday (2/1). I will update once received.

ETA: Letter received February 6. A total of 21 days from dropping off the renewal application, 16 days from bringing in the added gun for serial number check.

Last edited by Knomad; 02-06-2014 at 9:51 PM..