Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 01-19-2014, 8:17 PM
CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
CGN Contributor

Default PF Clean Up 1-18-2014

Great turn out on 1-18-2014 for the PF cleanup!

Great time had by all! The day had some trash, some trash talk, and allot of fun! Just some pics of the day! ( I missed the shooting afterword!)

Thank you to all that volunteered!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And Where is Pine Flat you ask?

Near the top of the world!

-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by REDPATCHUSMC; 01-29-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 9:15 PM

Um,why is there promotion of a shooting area requiring cleanup every few months which has not yet been deemed officially a shooting range, for to let all the riff raff know and find, use, and leave further waste?

I am confused.

What gun should you buy? Get the more expensive one, that shoots the more expensive caliber, that you shoot the worst, which is hard for you to operate, and that comes in pink. So next time, you can put your big boy pants on and make the decision for yourself.
Old 01-20-2014, 8:48 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillaFunk View Post
Um,why is there promotion of a shooting area requiring cleanup every few months which has not yet been deemed officially a shooting range, for to let all the riff raff know and find, use, and leave further waste?

I am confused.
DITTO.....
Old 01-20-2014, 10:45 AM
CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
CGN Contributor

Having been in Sonoma County 25 years, and working with many people born and raised here; I can certainly GUARANTEE we are not telling anyone ANYTHING they don't already know. No directions divulged!

The Riff Raff know where to shoot & dump! We have just chosen Pine Flat to help clean. Based on the same logic, I guess we should never mention Lake Pillsbury air strip?

And thanks to PTROXX & Gilla for again supporting the efforts of CGSSA. We are honored to have you both as associated members!

ThomasHoward -

That is good news! A connection at the dumps would be great!

-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by REDPATCHUSMC; 01-20-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Banned

i know im new to the forum and a new firearm owner aswell but i would do some strange things to know how to get to pine flats so i can take out my little 22 revolver....i hate going to the gun range i wont lie... if anyone wants to help out a new comer that be awsome...hell id be happy to pick up well i was there not a problem at all
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDPATCHUSMC View Post
Great turn out on 1-18-2014 for the Pine Flat cleanup!

Great time had by all! The day had some trash, some trash talk, and allot of fun! Just some pics of the day! ( I missed the shooting afterword!)

Thank you to all that volunteered!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And Where is Pine Flat you ask?

Near the top of the world!

i was recently looking into cow mountain shooting range and boy i never been but the vids on youtube will tell yea......that place needs to be cleaned up aswell id be happy to join a pickup crew like what you guys did over at pf....which is awsome by the way...what is not awsome is the people who go up there trashing it..i mean how hard is it to pick up your trash that place looks like heaven and then you got people dumping and leaving your trash...the wilderness is only amazing if we keep it that way
Old 01-22-2014, 5:54 AM

This is from the powers that be

The thing to remember about PF is that it is NOT a legal shooting area. BLM changed the zoning, or whatever the hell it's called, years ago. Target shooting there is NOT legal or allowed. Hunting is.

The local sheriff's deputies, game warden, and BLM Ranger, have worked with us on this forum to clean the place up and "allow" shooting there, because of the work we do. It's NOT a "public shooting place", because shooting there is against BLM regulations, and is a citable-to-federal-court activity. But because we do good work to keep it clean and safe, it's "allowed". There ARE plans to change the paperwork to make it legal to target shoot there. That paperwork has not gone through yet because government takes forever to do anything. And if we F it up, it never will go through.
Old 01-25-2014, 6:07 AM

Good job once again!!! I probably going to need help at cow mountain .. I can't keep up ... I'm up there once a month at the rifle range ..

I clean the bench area and parking... Takes me like 2 hours to clean ... I was thinking about putting a friendly sign. And garbage can to see if people even try to clean ofter their self... I need to call the BLM office do I don't get in trouble . Maybe a CGSSA sign approved by Paul aka RedPatch and cow mountain office..