Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 01-01-2014, 6:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Got back from Hodge St.

Used to go there pretty regularly. Haven't been out there for several years. Went up there with my cousin. Arrived at about 8:30am on Monday. There were already 3 groups in the handgun hill by the tower. The first hill across from the handgunners was filled up with 2 or 3 groups. Made it to the 2nd (lower) hill and got setup. There were 3 trucks following us that I could tell were bummed didn't get our spot (we weren't driving quickly and they were trying to overtake us). Used the rangefinder to place a gong and some targets at 450 yards. Also made a 100 yard line and a handgun station. At least a dozen+ vehicles passed us looking for a place to setup. Never have seen it that busy, but haven't been there for a long time either. Had a lot of fun and it was nice to be able to stretch out a little bit. I'm a member at Rainbow Range and 100 yards starts to feel cramped. Ringing my 8" gong at 450 yards with my SCAR17/3.5x ACOG was child's play. I thought the 3.5x was going to be underpowered, but it was pretty easy getting the target lined up on the first hash. Ding...Ding...Ding!! Interestingly, the AR500 steel gong just laughed the hits off...zero marks, chips, nothing.

One thing I noticed was what a freakin' pig sty that place is. I'm not sure if it's a lot worse that what I remember or if in my older years I'm simply a more responsible/sensitive shooter, but that place is a landfill!! I suppose someone needs to start somewhere, but Hodge isn't going to get cleaned up soon. I'd imagine it would take a dozen 40-yard dumpsters to clean out just the hill we were shooting into.
Old 01-02-2014, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah that place is a mess, no ones seems to clean up.
I've seen trash targets left their for when people visit again.