Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 10-30-2013, 1:50 PM
Banned

Default National Guard

Are there any National Guard recruiters or members on here that can PM me details about join the Army National Guard Thanks
Old 10-30-2013, 2:13 PM

Why the National Guard?
Old 10-30-2013, 2:18 PM
Veteran Member

Why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!
Old 10-30-2013, 2:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Try active first
Cons to the Guard. Only so many slots for ranks so promotions are really slow. Add the fact that guys coming in from active will have more experience than you or transfer over with rank already waiting for the slot, its pretty hard to move up.
After active you can go Guard. As of right now, after or during Guard you can't go active less they lifted the 18x only for prior thing.
Less and less chance of deploying with wars and budget winding down unless you have a specialized MOS that's needed.
You won't get 100% GI bill unless you get multiple active duty assignments or deployments. I'm Guard, try active first.
Old 10-30-2013, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Active first - period. The Guard and Reserves are best for prior service folks. Otherwise you're wasting your time, not going to ever be fully proficient in your MOS nor get to experience the best parts of serving in the Army. However, if you want to take a minimalist approach to service, by all means go straight to weekend warrior status. You will easily fit into the stereotype accordingly instead of breaking it.

If you’re driven by partisan tribalism more than ideology, if getting in rhetorical digs at liberals thrills you more than persuading adversaries or achieving policy victories, it makes sense that you would fight substantively inconsequential battles with no more or less vigor than any other…
Old 10-30-2013, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Active first - period. The Guard and Reserves are best for prior service folks. Otherwise you're wasting your time, not going to ever be fully proficient in your MOS nor get to experience the best parts of serving in the Army. However, if you want to take a minimalist approach to service, by all means go straight to weekend warrior status. You will easily fit into the stereotype accordingly instead of breaking it.
I agree 100% with this. I joined the Reserves first and then went Active and then back to the Reserves. When I saw the difference between Soldiers that have been Active Duty compared to just in the Reserves I was amazed. I am AGR now and so have the best of both worlds.

Where I work now we have a lot of Guard from across the country come through every month and the majority of them are stuck at their rank and job with no upward mobility.
Old 10-31-2013, 9:24 AM

OP,

To answer your question, you can PM me your questions if you would like. I am not a recruiter nor do i get any kind of bonus for signing you up, just here to help out a fellow Calgunner. All guard experience so i can offer you a different perspective than most of what has been posted thus far.

- Will