Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 09-08-2013, 1:01 AM
CGSSA Leader
Default Customized Ruger .357 Blackhawk

I just realized that I've never posted this here:

I wanted a longer barreled .357 single action for medium to long distance target shooting and hunting water melons. I always had an infatuation with Wyatt Earp and his Buntline Special (yes, I know there is no serious evidence to support he had one but it's a fun story), but I didn't want to go so extreme as a 12" barrel. I liked the idea of something in the 8" to 10" range so I went out and bought a lightly used 7.5" Bisley Blackhawk for $400, pictured here with my Super Single Six.

But I didn't love the Bisley grip frame, so I traded it out for a Super Blackhawk frame.

And I decided to get creative: Polished the new grip frame for a two toned look and machined a lanyard stud and a little thumb lever for the base pin for no particular reason.

And then I decided to get adventurous. I machined a barrel rail and then sent the gun to Allan Harton of Houston, Texas. Allan manufactured and installed a nine inch bull barrel, installed my rail, made a front sight and installed it, and then added a Power Customs free spin pawl. He also did a fantastic action job on the gun; the trigger was typical factory specs before, but now it'll drop the hammer if you look it funny. The steel is technically in the white; I stripped the bluing off because I figured I'd get the gun refinished completely in some interesting way, but I grew to like the look and I keep it clean enough that rust isn't a big concern.

The gun's more accurate than I ever will be, but I can still hit playing cards with it at 35-40 yards and hit steel targets up to 75 yards without really trying. With the right loads I can do even better but I don't get to practice enough to really see what this thing can do. But it certainly turns heads at the range.
Old 09-08-2013, 7:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Very nice Ruger!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Calguns Addict

....I will support and defend The Constitution of The United States of America...

WTS: IMR4064, H335, H322, H4198
IWI TAVOR B16 FDE 5.56/.223
Old 10-27-2013, 1:14 AM

damn, that is a big gun. looks great!
Who art thou that seeks entrance into the house of the soldiers of God? All is well in the night brother, Let the light illumine us and protect us from the shadow.

Proud Christian
Proud Father
Proud Libertarian
Proud NRA Member
Azusa Pacific Pride!! Go Cougars!!!!

Originally Posted by Tjfearl View Post
Copious amounts of hookers and blow will cure what ails you.
Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
I can't find anything funny to say about how Dicks suck...
Old 10-27-2013, 6:21 AM
Calguns Addict

More pics, please!