Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-25-2013, 9:48 PM

Thumbs up Great conceal holster- Comp-Tac Minotaur

Always had OWB holster but had issues with the bottom of the holster showing. Thought about a Crossbreed, but friend had one of these. Real similar, but has extra can't and height adjustment and tension adjustment on the Kydex. Best comfortable and concealment I have found. Check the Comp Tech Minotaur holster out. Also you can keep basic holster and buy different Kydex shells for other pistols. How cool is that.
Old 08-26-2013, 6:03 PM

Yes, I have two of them and like them a lot. Very comfortable, fast on and off, good at concealing. The only thing to note is that both of mine took days to break in to the point of being able to get the gun in and out without a two handed tug. If mine are typical, don't expect to take it out of the package and wear it on the street the first day. However they are fine once they break in.
Old 08-26-2013, 6:22 PM
Veteran Member

I had one, didn't like it. Tried all different cants and depths. Sold it pretty quick.

I just never got the whole hybrid crossbreed style. I've been carrying for years and I never saw the need for that big friggin slab of hide.
Old 08-26-2013, 8:14 PM
Banned

Absolutely love mine. Very nice that the .45 XD holster also fits the subcompact 9mm as they have the same geometry.

Lefty here and carry mine at 8 o'clock. Never tried crossbreed as I didn't think I'd like it.

Gonna get another for a 3rd subcompact 9 I have on my permit.

Excellent holsters and so comfortable to wear all day!!!!

Have fun!!
Old 08-27-2013, 7:22 AM

My favorite concealment holster. Let me back up .... my favorite concealment holster is my Galco Miami Classic II, but the times and situations I can use it are pretty limited.

My MTAC is my every day choice. As stated, I think the MTAC has the widest range of ride height and cant adjustments. A great product and a nice company to deal with.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM
On Everyone's Ignore List
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

4 words: Milt Sparks Summer Special

Being north of
70 has definite advantages: I was able to do all my stupid stuff before video cameras, smartphones, utube, and the internet.
Old 08-27-2013, 9:58 PM

Cleveland Holster is the one I chose. Very comfortable since none of your gun touches your skin. Check 'em out.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
-- Thomas Jefferson