Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 08-16-2013, 4:06 PM

Default Klimovsk 7.62x39 123gr FMJ 1000rds/$239.99+SH

http://adrenalinearmory.com/p/869469...-1000-rds.html
Old 08-16-2013, 5:36 PM

Anyone have experience with these?
Old 08-16-2013, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

It says FMJ but are they still bi-metal or steal core bullets? Couldn't find info.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 08-16-2013, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Mass View Post
It says FMJ but are they still bi-metal or steal core bullets? Couldn't find info.
As far as I know they're bi-metal (magnetic, copper coated steel jacketed) and leadcore.
Old 08-17-2013, 9:27 AM

corrosive but fun to shoot.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULS View Post
corrosive but fun to shoot.
This is not corrosive.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldonHunter View Post
This is not corrosive.
I've been using this ammo and yes, it is corrosive.

Google is your friend. Search "Klimovsk 7.62 X 39" tons of user experience posted in forums, even some guy in youtube did a corrosive test.

Again, this is fun to shoot but you have to clean your rifle after every use.
Old 08-17-2013, 1:47 PM

Quote:
I've been using this ammo and yes, it is corrosive.

Google is your friend. Search "Klimovsk 7.62 X 39" tons of user experience posted in forums, even some guy in youtube did a corrosive test.

Again, this is fun to shoot but you have to clean your rifle after every use.
If I remember correctly that was a year and a half ago and though many reported problems with a certain few batches, P12, P18 and P20, they really never detrermined it was truely corrosive. I know a lot of people that shoot this and they have no problems. Bryan at AIM had this ammo tested independently and it came back non-corrosive. Wolf had it tested and put out a notice about it saying it wasn't corrosive too. I'll be honest with you. I never shoot any Russian ammo, specifically berdan primed ammo, without cleaning the rifle as if it was corrosive anyway. I've also seen Widener's selling it recently with the statement these are new production batches coming in and have been tested non-corrosive.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_217/2...KSAP_7_62.html
Old 08-17-2013, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldonHunter View Post
If I remember correctly that was a year and a half ago and though many reported problems with a certain few batches, P12, P18 and P20, they really never detrermined it was truely corrosive. I know a lot of people that shoot this and they have no problems. Bryan at AIM had this ammo tested independently and it came back non-corrosive. Wolf had it tested and put out a notice about it saying it wasn't corrosive too. I'll be honest with you. I never shoot any Russian ammo, specifically berdan primed ammo, without cleaning the rifle as if it was corrosive anyway. I've also seen Widener's selling it recently with the statement these are new production batches coming in and have been tested non-corrosive.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_217/2...KSAP_7_62.html
Take note OP - This is my experience OK. First hand, real time, I am using this ammo. It is corrosive. NOT 2 years ago or 1 year ago. I'm talking about NOW. IT is Corrosive. I'm just letting everyone know. Be careful in using this ammo.

I'm just replying to a fellow calgunner who is asking about their experience with this ammo.

The website itself is another story. When you go check out - you're redirected to another website which is a red flag to me.

Just saying....
Old 08-17-2013, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Take note OP - This is my experience OK. First hand, real time, I am using this ammo. It is corrosive. NOT 2 years ago or 1 year ago. I'm talking about NOW. IT is Corrosive. I'm just letting everyone know. Be careful in using this ammo.

I'm just replying to a fellow calgunner who is asking about their experience with this ammo.

The website itself is another story. When you go check out - you're redirected to another website which is a red flag to me.

Just saying....
Fair enough, I've taken note though I never said I didn't believe you I was offering the only thing I know of about this ammo being corrosive. I didn't need to google this because I remembered that post and have it saved in my favorites from arfcom because I was following it as it was happening. Also because I deal with ammo all day, every day on gun-deals. We had that ammo listed on gun-deals when it was offered and I talked with Bryan about it as it was going down.
I also was offering my experience to a fellow calgunner which is I haven't heard of any problems with this being corrosive since that first incident. That is until now. I see this stuff listed on gun-deals by users and vendors all the time and no one has reported corrosive issues since last year. Not from any vendors which include AIM, SGAmmo, Widener's, AmmoMan, Ammunition Store, The Armory, Cope's Dist., AGS Armarment, J&G, Classic Arms, Ventura Munitions, Sportsman's Guide and this vendor. That's what's surprising. When did you buy it? Who did you buy it from and what is the lot number? There's also nothing to be worried about on that site. It's not redirecting you to another site. That's the secure checkout software. He's been a vendor on gun-deals for almost a year and a half. http://gun-deals.com/vendordeals.php...458&showExp=on no complaints so far.
Old 08-17-2013, 5:58 PM

Fair enough OP. Just voicing my opinion.

I bought mine from a fellow calgunner for $200 - 1000 rounds. Again, it is fun to shoot. It's LCB, so it is smooth, if you handled one.

Lot H22 H32 and it is coooooorooooosssive. 'nough said.

Last edited by SKULS; 02-07-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Fair enough OP. Just voicing my opinion.

I bought mine from a fellow calgunner for $200 - 1000 rounds. Again, it is fun to shoot. It's LCB, so it is smooth, if you handled one.

Lot H22 and it is coooooorooooosssive. 'nough said.
It's not just your opinion, it's your experience which is more than welcome. Just trying to put it in perspective. That being you have no idea really when it was made and might be part of the shipment that was sold last year. It was going for $199.99+sh last year so that makes sense. Might also explain why I haven't seen any more forum posts about the current stuff being corrosive. Wolf is importing this stuff and I really doubt they'd want to deal with what they went through last year. Though they stated it was tested as non-corrosive from their own testing, they exchanged a fair amount of it and refunded peoples money when they requested it.
Old 08-17-2013, 6:45 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

it's possible the SKULS had something different?...

The ammo box in the OP link says "non-corrosive" right on it. I'm not sure why anything said anywhere would be more accurate than that.
Old 08-17-2013, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
it's possible the SKULS had something different?...

The ammo box in the OP link says "non-corrosive" right on it. I'm not sure why anything said anywhere would be more accurate than that.
He must have a different product because it clearly states "Non-Corrosive" right on the box. See attached image. I have never had any issues with this ammo. It's a good practice ammo and cycles properly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wolf7.62x39WBFMJ.jpg (22.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 08-17-2013, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDm-Holder View Post
He must have a different product because it clearly states "Non-Corrosive" right on the box. See attached image. I have never had any issues with this ammo. It's a good practice ammo and cycles properly!
LOL, my brain cells are still intact and working... It looks the same to me OK? The box may say non corrosive, but the ammo itself is corrosive.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_217/2...62.html&page=2

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showth...oto=nextoldest

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...imovsk-7-62x39

Some of the links for your reading pleasure.

AGAIN, im not saying this is bad ammo, i just happen to get the lot/batch that is corrosive. OP may be correct that the ones i have may have been from last years where it was a problem and people were able to returned it and got refunded.

Last edited by SKULS; 02-07-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 11:39 AM

Is that company reputable? I am still out $300 from an order I placed in Feb. from a different company.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762ch View Post
Is that company reputable? I am still out $300 from an order I placed in Feb. from a different company.
Why not just pay a penny more a round and get it from a more reputable place. Cabela's 1k round = $250+shipping, Sgammo $250+shipping.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762ch View Post
He's been in the vendor's list on gun-deals for almost a year and a half and no one has listed any problems in the comments section. I know him pretty well and he's a good guy. His name is Tyler Bruner and I haven't heard of any problems myself either. http://gun-deals.com/vendordeals.php...458&showExp=on
Old 08-22-2013, 6:33 PM

I just noticed that he put a discount for 2 or more cases making it $229.99/1000rds+SH.