Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Default CDCR Question - Anyone know about upcoming Youth Correctional Academies?

Hi y'all,

CDCR is running through a bunch of new CO academies right now; however, there's been no word at all on any upcoming Youth Correctional Academies for YCO and YCC candidates. Anyone have the inside scoop?

Thanks for helping!

BK
Old 07-08-2013, 1:13 PM

I have a friend who used to work for YTS in Chino....he says the State plans to get rid of all youth institutions. They closed 3-4 in the last 5 years.
Old 07-08-2013, 1:43 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure you want to book a ticket an that Titanic. I work for CDCR and I can't remember the last time I've seen them looking for YCO or YCC.
Bersa Thunder, Browning Buckmark Camper, Charles Daly 1911, Charter Arms Buldog Pug, Chinese SKS, Colt Double Eagle MK II Series 90 10mm, Egyptian Hakim 8mm, Heckler & Koch P2000SK, Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, Mossberg 500A Cruiser, Mossberg New Haven 600AT, Romanian M69 Trainer, Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Mag, Savage Arms Model 73, Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm, Smith & Wesson Sigma .40, Springfield Armory XD-40, Walther P1, Wyoming Arms Parker 10mm, Yugoslavian K98
Old 07-08-2013, 1:46 PM

I'm not with CDCR but I have heard they are shutting them down. If your interested in juvenile corrections then maybe look into county probation, basically the same thing.
Old 07-08-2013, 6:06 PM

I'm surprised we even have a juvenile system, these kids run rampant because they cant be punished.

US Army Combat Engineer 03'-08' 1st Cav
Old 07-08-2013, 6:36 PM

Why don't you want to work the adult side?
Old 07-08-2013, 7:32 PM

BK
The state is in the process of downsizing because they are broke. State Parole is being decimated. They are laying off or transferring to prisons up to 15 year vets. DJJ (CYA) is down to 3 or 4 facilities in the entire state and word on the yard is that they will be down to 2 facilities by the end of next year. There is no need for YCO or YCC academies because they are shrinking.

Some of the money is going to the counties and that is where the jobs are. Most Probation departments are hiring around the state. That is where you need to look if you are looking for a juvenile correction officer position. Good luck
Old 07-09-2013, 4:52 PM

Thanks guys. I knew that DJJ was reducing the number of facilities; but, I figured they were at least going to keep the two at Stockton open. I was just curious because they processed all of us YCO and YCC candidates and I'm currently sitting on the list. I have applied to lots of places, both youth and adult. So no worries about putting all if my eggs in one basket.