Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 5:26 PM
Veteran Member
Default Question about George Zimmerman case

I couldn't find this question on the first couple of pages, so please excuse me if I missed it.

I am wondering if you, as a police officer would have shot any person who somehow got you on your back and was striking you?

I heard testimony today that indicated Zimmerman's injuries were minor, and wonder what, if any threshold there is for you on the job as to how much injury you are required to sustain before using deadly force? Is there a different amount for the general population?

I was wondering why the defense attorney didn't ask one of the officers that question on cross examination. It seems like if the officer would have said he would shoot under those circumstances, the same could be expected of Zimmerman.

WARNING: This post will most likely contain statements that are offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense, and or maturity.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 07-02-2013, 5:29 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Zimmerman case posts go to OT.
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Closed Thread