Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 06-25-2013, 3:03 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default 06/29 - Armetis Police Training Simulator (OC, CA)

I won't be to organize an LA group to attend, but wanted to throw it out there to see if someone else (HappyCamper781) wanted take up the reigns. If I didn't already have plans, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

CALGUNS EXCLUSIVE EVENT

Join us from on 6-29-13 at 9:30 a.m. at the Artemis Defense Institute in Lake Forest for our exclusive access to the newest indoor police shooting simulator currently used by the OCSD, and the only such simulator open to the public on the West Coast. This is a special one time date and time to allow for our LA/RS and Ventura brothers to join us at this very unique event.

Each of the simulations will focus on training. Each shooter will be briefed and debriefed by real LAPD or OCSD training officers on tactics, shot placement, use of cover and situational awareness and given guidance on when to shoot and when not to shoot.

What is it?
The Artemis experience is a series of highly realistic interactive shooting simulators ranging from a 10'x15' flat screen simulator to a 360 degree surround simulator. Real weapons using laser light and simulated recoil are used and computers track your every shot.

What is different about this?
With over 145 different scenarios ranging from hostage rescue to battlefield combat, Artemis puts YOU in the action. Using both pistols and rifles. The Artemis system can simulate virtually any real-world scenario and hone your skills involving when to shoot, when not to shoot, and how to survive a gunfight.

Not real enough?
At Artemis, the targets CAN shoot back if you’re up to it. Using the interactive operation, and a shock stun belt, you can feel the pressure of impending pain if you don’t put your targets down! Get them BEFORE they get YOU!

What will we be doing?
We are invited to experience a series of training scenarios on each of the three simulators using both pistol and long gun. (AR-15’s)

What is the cost?
$40.00 $30.00 per shooter for a total of 30 minutes on the simulators.

What should I bring?
$40.00 $30.00 cash or credit card for your range time. A holster for any model Glock is helpful, but not necessary. DO NOT BRING FIREARMS. Artemis will provide all the hardware you need.

Their FAQ can be found here: http://www.artemisdefenseinstitute.com/Artemis/FAQ.html