Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 05-23-2013, 7:45 AM

Default Sac Jul 20-21

I am new to this, never been to any kind of event or comp. I have been looking through the list and seeing which range is closest, and decided on the Sacramento valley range, and the jul 20-21 event

My question, what is the difference in day 1 and day 2? Can someone break down for me what each day will consist of? I can only find something saying "Bring your 22s out and gain valuable marksmanship skills and save money. Center Fire ok. Get your spot quickly, we only have room for 50 shooters."
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...locationid=110
Down at the bottom.

"Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
SlickmisterN
Old 05-23-2013, 6:11 PM
Veteran Member

If you can only do one day, you want to do the Saturday. Basically Saturday they go over everything - it's a very intense day - drinking from the firehose. Sunday they do a quick review in the morning and then they spend most of the day shooting AQTs which is their course of fire, with smaller lessons throughout.

Most people find it helpful to go ahead and do both days together so you solidify the stuff in day 1 and retain it better. If you're organized enough to take those lessons and practice/dry fire right away on your own you can get away with doing Saturday one month and then doing the Sunday in a couple of months but it's not ideal.
Old 05-23-2013, 6:14 PM
Veteran Member

And if you're looking more generally for which skills are covered - it's classic rifle fundamentals with position shooting (prone, sitting, standing), heavy focus on natural point of aim (if that means nothing to you, that's OK, they start from the beginning). They use slings heavily so you'll need a sling on your rifle. Other than that it doesn't really matter what you bring.
Old 05-24-2013, 5:44 AM

Thank you, that is perfect.

"Friends don't let friends play bubba gunsmith."
SlickmisterN