Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 05-13-2013, 2:25 PM

Default Daily schedule?

I've found the schedule of Appleseed events, and how to register. What I've not been able to find is the daily schedule of what happens on day 1 and what happens on day 2.

I'd like to register for an upcoming event, but can't make it the 2nd day. I want to know if it is worth coming just the 1st day, or if I should wait until I can attend both days of an event. This would be my first time.

My project for this week is adding tech sights, an auto bolt release, an extended magazine release, sling swivels, and a sling to the 10/22 I've owned since the 1980's. I'm also planning to clean and oil the rifle and to disassemble, clean, and oil my magazines (including the 25-round magazine I've had since the 1980's).
Old 05-13-2013, 3:46 PM

Depending on the location of the shoot there may be some variation in start and ending times. In Corona, we usually run from 830am to about 4:30pm on both days.

Saturday we cover a lot of material at a rapid pace we often refer to it as "drinking from the firehose". Sunday is the day for integrating and tuning what was taught Saturday. Saturday material is briefly reviewed and expanded on as needed, and a lot more rounds go downrange as we shoot a number of Army Qualification Tests (AQT's). While Appleseed is definitely designed as a full weekend course, if this is your first Appleseed, and you can only come for one day, better by far to come on Saturday.

For more on round counts and drills see this post: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...3&postcount=13

All the best,
Robert
Old 05-14-2013, 10:09 AM

Thanks, Robert. If I can't make it Sunday morning, do you think it would be worth it to register for both days and just come Sunday when I can?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 AM

Paltik,

I would say yes, come on out. Also, you can sign up for Saturday only.
Old 05-18-2013, 6:21 AM
Veteran Member

I did the Saturday only and then a couple of months later did the Sunday only. It was fine although I made sure I practiced what I'd learned right away. I think for a lot of people they need that second day to really make it stick and if you can't make it Sunday I'd at least make sure to do some dry fire practice within a week.

I did end up being able to shoot a whole weekend... two years later. So I'm glad I didn't wait!