Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2013, 2:52 PM
Eric H.'s Avatar
Eric H. Eric H. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default FFL in OC/LA area for UTAS 15

I had previously called Rifle Gear and they informed me that they would not be able to do a transfer from an out of state FFL due to their interpretation of legality concerning the UTAS 15 and its magazine.

Are there any FFL's in the LA/OC area that could do this transfer or see an issue with it?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2013, 6:22 PM
acespawnshop's Avatar
acespawnshop acespawnshop is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Covina, CA
Posts: 925
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

We had posted a thread on here regarding that firearm. The general idea was that this particular firearm wasn't compliant. Im sure there is someone who is willing to do it for you. See if your seller will block the mag tubes so they only hold 5 each. And have your FFL document it. However, when we had this situation arise the other FFL would not comply and we had to pass on it.

good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 AM
SamSung's Avatar
SamSung SamSung is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 178
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
I had previously called Rifle Gear and they informed me that they would not be able to do a transfer from an out of state FFL due to their interpretation of legality concerning the UTAS 15 and its magazine.

Are there any FFL's in the LA/OC area that could do this transfer or see an issue with it?

Thanks.
Go see Don at Straightline Tactical in Anaheim, very nice guy, he will take care of you! or Ammo Bros as they sell the UTAS 15 in the store.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Eric H.'s Avatar
Eric H. Eric H. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acespawnshop View Post
We had posted a thread on here regarding that firearm. The general idea was that this particular firearm wasn't compliant. Im sure there is someone who is willing to do it for you. See if your seller will block the mag tubes so they only hold 5 each. And have your FFL document it. However, when we had this situation arise the other FFL would not comply and we had to pass on it.

good luck.
Thanks for your reply and information. I am not on the forums to much so I didn't see the post.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2013, 3:09 PM
Eric H.'s Avatar
Eric H. Eric H. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Any dealer that is reading this in OC/LA that has stock on these please contact via PM.

Ready to place order.

EDIT: Purchased, now I need an FFL willing to take this in. Anybody? =)

EDIT: Went with Don from Straightline Tactical! Thanks guys.

Last edited by Eric H.; 05-15-2013 at 1:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2013, 1:29 PM
Eric H.'s Avatar
Eric H. Eric H. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSung View Post
Go see Don at Straightline Tactical in Anaheim, very nice guy, he will take care of you! or Ammo Bros as they sell the UTAS 15 in the store.
Thanks, I called them today!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:38 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.