Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 04-25-2013, 1:50 PM

Thumbs up KIDD 10/22 Bolt Stop/Buffer review

(didn't see any reviews or posts about this so I thought I make one)

This morning some 10/22 parts from KIDD came in the mail, and after a quick install I took my 10/22 Takedown along with me for my usual Thursday lunch break range trip.

One of the items I ordered and installed was KIDD's bolt stop/buffer, this is about the best six bucks you could ever spend on your 10/22!
The 10/22 has its pain in the... bolt catch/release, mag release, odd sights, and the stock trigger isn't so great. Everyone knows about those, there are aftermarket parts and fixes galore for them... but that damn clack clack clack of the bolt stop is really annoying! The most common fix is some sort of nylon dowel/screw or aquarium tubing trimmed to just the right size, well KIDD has taken this fix way beyond that.

KIDD's fix is a combination of rubber tube and hardened pin. But this isn't just tubing cut off his aquarium's air pump, he sourced out some special stuff that he is backing with a lifetime warranty.
If you want to get rid of the clack and dampen some of the vibration you really should get one, check out the video on the page linked above to see how it works.

I also picked up one of his cocking assemblies. My Takedown has always had a bit of a stiff action when it came to opening the bolt, and I could never find any burrs or rough spots to explain why. Turned out to be the guide rod and cocking lever... the new KIDD assembly is amazingly smooth compared to the stock one.

And no, I don't work for KIDD, I just really like the stuff he makes.

Last edited by DPmax; 04-28-2013 at 1:36 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2013, 2:43 PM

Nice review, thanks for the post. My buddy has a KIDD rifle and it's a sweet shooter. I came across the website a few years ago and have always had plans on upgrading my 10/22 with KIDD stuff because it is just awesome. However, every time I go to the site and try to place an order, I realize that it's just best to save up for an all KIDD 10/22 since I'd practically swap out everything anyway.

So that's what I'm gonna do....one day.
Old 04-25-2013, 5:36 PM

I put a bunch of Kidd upgrades into my 10/22 TD. Good stuff. I'm considering a regular 10/22 and I'm factoring the Kidd upgrades into the budget.
Old 04-25-2013, 8:35 PM

Kidd charging kit and bolt buffer just got put on my newish and 1980s 10/22.... great upgrades....love the black handle its self very slick!
Old 04-26-2013, 8:31 PM

Nice review! I just put it on the upgrade list for both of my 10/22s.
Old 04-28-2013, 1:10 PM

Based on your write-up-- I just ordered up Kidd's buffer bolt stop, auto bolt release, and bolt handle/guide rod assembly. Can't wait to get those installed and start rockin' :-)
Old 05-01-2013, 9:10 PM

I have a kidd bolt buffer, charge handle, and bolt in one of my 22s. And a buffer, charge handle, bolt, trigger assembly, and barrel on another. Every product was top notch and is flawless. Buy with confidence. Congrats on a great purchase OP.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 PM

Their trigger tune kit is awesome as well, very nice 1.5# pull.