Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
CFV CFV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 653
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default Impulse buy, should I keep it- Beretta ARX 160 22lr

Just went to ppt a sig 522, well that was suppose to be the main point. I get to the store early so I am perusing the gun racks and this one rifle catches my eye. It ends up to be the Beretta ARX 160 22lr. After a minute of looking it over and handling it, I pulled the trigger. So in ten days I pickup the Sig 522 and ARX 160 22. It was a total impulse buy and not in my firearms scheme of things. It looks pretty bad@ss and I know I'll never be able get a 5.56 ARX 160 so I'm thinking of keeping it....what to do what to do.

Heres a stock pic of it
http://www.berettausa.com/products/b...60-22lr-rifle/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2013, 1:11 PM
pklin1297's Avatar
pklin1297 pklin1297 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 2,377
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Saw some youtube vids of the SHOT media review shoot for this gun a while back. Short review but seemed like people who shot it liked it. I would say just keep it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2013, 1:29 PM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is offline
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 6,534
iTrader: 73 / 100%
Default

Keep it so you can give us some feedback.

How much did your LGS ask for and does the stock fold?
__________________
w210838 is the barrel guy don't forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
The average Calgunner is afraid to scratch his gun; so I don't see the point to these torture tests.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2013, 1:36 PM
CFV CFV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 653
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Keep it so you can give us some feedback.

How much did your LGS ask for and does the stock fold?
Yes, the stock folds. Paid 6 bills and change for it out the door, don't remember exact amount as I picked other stuff as well. The kicker, the included mag will be broken down into a rebuild. Thats a plus in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2013, 1:42 PM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is offline
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 6,534
iTrader: 73 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFV View Post
Yes, the stock folds. Paid 6 bills and change for it out the door, don't remember exact amount as I picked other stuff as well. The kicker, the included mag will be broken down into a rebuild. Thats a plus in my book.
Nice!

For the magazines, does it have a place you can fold the follower down like GSG magazines or are they going to be a pain in the butt to load like those AR-22 magazines? One of the reasons why I sold my AR-22 was because the black dog and CMMG magazines are so hard to load. The GSG magazines are easier because I can just hold the follower down with my thumb.
__________________
w210838 is the barrel guy don't forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
The average Calgunner is afraid to scratch his gun; so I don't see the point to these torture tests.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2013, 1:52 PM
CFV CFV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 653
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Nice!

For the magazines, does it have a place you can fold the follower down like GSG magazines or are they going to be a pain in the butt to load like those AR-22 magazines? One of the reasons why I sold my AR-22 was because the black dog and CMMG magazines are so hard to load. The GSG magazines are easier because I can just hold the follower down with my thumb.
Actually can't remember, will post pics when I pick her up next friday. Either a range report or a for sale ad will follow shortly after that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-16-2013, 1:53 PM
JackRydden224's Avatar
JackRydden224 JackRydden224 is offline
Single stack pistol guy
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 6,534
iTrader: 73 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFV View Post
Actually can't remember, will post pics when I pick her up next friday. Either a range report or a for sale ad will follow shortly after that.
Looking forward to it !
__________________
w210838 is the barrel guy don't forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
The average Calgunner is afraid to scratch his gun; so I don't see the point to these torture tests.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2013, 3:50 PM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Still in the game playa!!
Posts: 13,071
iTrader: 55 / 100%
Default

You paid heavy coin there homey.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-20-2013, 1:33 AM
NRai2001's Avatar
NRai2001 NRai2001 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California (Modesto)
Posts: 928
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
You paid heavy coin there homey.
Ya personally I just cant imagine paying so much for what is basically a toy gun.. (obviously its a real gun... but you know what I mean).
__________________
WTB:
TAVOR
SCAR 17
Benelli m4/m2
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-20-2013, 1:34 AM
Moemoe1's Avatar
Moemoe1 Moemoe1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,460
iTrader: 11 / 92%
Default

It looks so big and bulky
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-20-2013, 1:41 AM
CityHunt3r's Avatar
CityHunt3r CityHunt3r is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 930
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
It looks so big and bulky
thats what she said...

but IMO Id keep it, you bought it for a reason, and you only live once.. its yours now... ENJOY IT!

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2013, 7:05 AM
tmh1's Avatar
tmh1 tmh1 is offline
Kitchen Operator
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA Central Coast
Posts: 1,501
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Looking forward to the range report. And I bet you will like your new gun... a lot! Then the price paid just fades into distant memory.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 PM
GUNNTZ's Avatar
GUNNTZ GUNNTZ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 729
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Looks like a cross between an ACR and a HK, could be a fun rifle. Keep it is what i say.
__________________
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2013, 7:39 PM
NRai2001's Avatar
NRai2001 NRai2001 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California (Modesto)
Posts: 928
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

It is pretty cool looking !
__________________
WTB:
TAVOR
SCAR 17
Benelli m4/m2
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-21-2013, 8:09 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose, Mexifornia
Posts: 7,680
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

My kids would love something like that. Looks like a *****in soda can killer.
__________________
Quote:
Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gif
NRA Member
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-21-2013, 8:25 AM
paintballdad's Avatar
paintballdad paintballdad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,318
iTrader: 67 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFV View Post
Just went to ppt a sig 522, well that was suppose to be the main point. I get to the store early so I am perusing the gun racks and this one rifle catches my eye. It ends up to be the Beretta ARX 160 22lr. After a minute of looking it over and handling it, I pulled the trigger. So in ten days I pickup the Sig 522 and ARX 160 22. It was a total impulse buy and not in my firearms scheme of things. It looks pretty bad@ss and I know I'll never be able get a 5.56 ARX 160 so I'm thinking of keeping it....what to do what to do.

Heres a stock pic of it
http://www.berettausa.com/products/b...60-22lr-rifle/
You mean fat@ss of a rifle. J/K

Actually looks pretty cool. I say enjoy it, it's really not much more than any tacticool .22LR rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Chameleon Loco Chameleon Loco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,112
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Thats an awesome rifle, im sure you are on of a very small amount of people that own one. It has a wow factor that is off the charts. If it runs great just like most of the .22 "tacticool" rifles do keep it, you never know when it will become an "assualt weapon".
__________________
Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-21-2013, 7:56 PM
defcon defcon is offline
.22LR Riffle
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks/SFV
Posts: 2,884
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

awesome.

keep it and post some range videos.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
CFV CFV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 653
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Can't wait, picking it up tomorrow
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM
RickRyder's Avatar
RickRyder RickRyder is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 373
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
My kids would love something like that. Looks like a *****in soda can killer.
YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8e6TrT5Gt4
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM
defcon defcon is offline
.22LR Riffle
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks/SFV
Posts: 2,884
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFV View Post
Can't wait, picking it up tomorrow
you got ammo?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-25-2013, 1:19 PM
Merc1138 Merc1138 is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,341
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
You paid heavy coin there homey.
6 bills($600) is "heavy coin"? I guess you must have missed the $1000 .22lr thread. $600 is still on the cheaper side of things unless your idea of "high end" is a 10/22 with an auto bolt release.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:08 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.