Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Bouy Bouy is offline
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 146
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Intermediary FFL to CA?


I have a FN SCAR 16S on layaway order in North Carolina however the dealer will not ship to CA even if I provided him with the parts to CA legalize it. I had some bad advice from a soldier who was LAPD and said that I could use my orders that had me stationed there however they weren't PCS orders which I later found out. So I still have the SCAR's on layaway just no way to DROS them in NC and they won't ship to CA.

Now is it possible for the dealer to instead ship it to an FFL that would install the needed parts to make the rifle CA-Legal and then ship it to a CA FFL?

I'm thinking this should be possible and will involve me paying additional fees but are there any FFL's outside of CA and NC that I can have the dealer in NC ship it to in order to CA-Legalize it and then have it shipped to an FFL in CA?

My deployment in Afghanistan is coming to an end and I was hoping to get this SCAR-L as pretty much my deployment gift to myself.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 4:29 PM
mcgill mcgill is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Murrieta, Riverside County - South
Posts: 60
iTrader: 4 / 100%

Middleman dealers are out of state FFL that can be used to accept firearms from dealers that are not willing to ship to California, so that the firearm can be converted into a CA-legal configuration and then shipped to a California.

Of course they charge a fee; varies from FFL to FFL.

For possession in California, if the rifle does not meet the length spec already, the rifle will either need an extra-length flash hider or a pinned stock that prevents it from folding in order to meet the 30" overall length requirement in California. California compliant includes an installed magazine lock and a 10 round magazine.

Search CalGuns for middleman. Many out of state FFLs will do it.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Bouy Bouy is offline
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 146
iTrader: 2 / 100%

Thanks, really appreciate it.

I already have the bullet button and stock lock (hoping the stock button lock discussed in another thread comes to fruition later) which I can ship to the middleman.

I got a lead on one in Las Vegas who can perform the conversion. Hoping this works out as I've been waiting to get one of these for a long time.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host., the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved. and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to