Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 3:15 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default IVE has a great stock of guns again!

Hey VC peeps

I did a PPT on a gun this morning at IVE in Ventura. Just wanted to let everyone local know that they have a nice, healthy stock of guns now, VERY different than three weeks ago when they had hardly had anything in stock.

Good selection of GSG MP5 .22s, Ruger 10/22, lots of ARs, a few SCARs, HK rifles, shotguns and all of the handgun cabinets were full. Nice to see some stock in a gun shop again.

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading

Last edited by Capybara; 04-09-2013 at 9:00 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 9:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The Smokin' Barrel had ARs in stock, along with everything else on Saturday, and Fort Courage has ARs in stock as of 6:15 this evening.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:23 PM

Any CZ's?
Old 03-20-2013, 5:25 PM

Just looked at island views website. They only marked up the AR's ~100%

S&W mp15 sport MSRP $839 Island View price $1,599.99
M&P15T MSRP $1,159 Island View price $2,499.99

Needless to say I will not be patronizing them. Not sure why people on here recommend them so much.

It looks like the Smoking Barrel isn't as bad and has good stock right now. I will check them out this week for a few new gun purchases.

Last edited by KevinA; 03-20-2013 at 5:29 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 2:29 PM

Kevin, agree with you. I undersatnd the whole supply and demand thing but damn. If there is one way to keep AR's from being bought it is to jack that price way the hell up.
- The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeanceand furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 03-22-2013, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post

Needless to say I will not be patronizing them. Not sure why people on here recommend them so much.

It looks like the Smoking Barrel isn't as bad and has good stock right now. I will check them out this week for a few new gun purchases.
People like them because under normal circumstances they have very good prices. Their normal price on a gun is cheaper than Turner's sales price a lot of the time.

Just a sign of the times, small stores many times have to jack up prices to make up for the loss of income for low supples.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:22 PM

IVE used to be good, but my last experience with them was disappointing (rude counter guy) it will be a long time before i go back
Old 03-31-2013, 1:37 PM
Stoopid American Redneck™
CGN Contributor

I've purchased multiple handguns from IVE over the past several months and have had zero problems with the sales staff. Comparing their prices to on-line sales and prices in other parts of the country I have visited recently has shown me that their in-store prices are competitive or even cheaper than many.

"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 03-31-2013 at 1:49 PM..
Old 03-31-2013, 2:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Issues with high price aside, I support Island View because they support us as CalGuns members.

IVE hosts our monthly meet & shoot, they offer 1/2 price range fees for CalGuns members every single Monday, and they've contributed in many other ways to lots of our members.

I like Smokin Barrels. I stop by there whenever I'm in Simi Valley. But from what I've see, their prices are perfectly competitive with Island View. Both on firearms and ammunition.

Make a trip to Smokin Barrels and tell me their prices are not inflated, especially on ammunition. Don't even get me started on Greta's. See for yourself.

Above all else, the point is this... High prices are NOT exclusive to IVE, but I don't any other local gun shop stepping up and offering the level of support that IVE has showed CalGuns. That alone earns my frequent business.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Issues with high price aside, I support Island View because they support us as CalGuns members.

IVE hosts our monthly meet & shoot, they offer 1/2 price range fees for CalGuns members every single Monday, and they've contributed in many other ways to lots of our members.

I like Smokin Barrels. I stop by there whenever I'm in Simi Valley. But from what I've see, their prices are perfectly competitive with Island View. Both on firearms and ammunition.

Make a trip to Smokin Barrels and tell me their prices are not inflated, especially on ammunition. Don't even get me started on Greta's. See for yourself.

Above all else, the point is this... High prices are NOT exclusive to IVE, but I don't any other local gun shop stepping up and offering the level of support that IVE has showed CalGuns. That alone earns my frequent business.
OK, sounds good. They are just not going to EARN my business with what they are doing. I'm looking to buy a full size 1911, a sub compact a ruger 22 and a ar type and will not spend a Penney in that shop if they are taking advantage of the population they claim to support. I'm in between LA and VTC so I can choose who to support. I will support the store that does not bend me over. Ammo is one thing guns are another. There are better choices in West LA and Simi. I have no agenda though. Just calling it as I see it. I',m glad that the business mentioned in this supports the forum.

Last edited by KevinA; 04-01-2013 at 12:42 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
OK, sounds good. They are just not going to EARN my business with what they are doing. I'm looking to buy a full size 1911, a sub compact a ruger 22 and a ar type and will not spend a Penney in that shop if they are taking advantage of the population they claim to support. I'm in between LA and VTC so I can choose who to support. I will support the store that does not bend me over. Ammo is one thing guns are another. There are better choices in West LA and Simi. I have no agenda though. Just calling it as I see it. I',m glad that the business mentioned in this supports the forum.

I have no problem with that. Speaking purely in "generalities"... The clearest message we can send to an individual or business will be with our wallets. If you don't like them, don't do business with them. If enough people follow suit, that individual or business will be forced to cease business or implement change to revive their customer base.

That said, now is NOT a good time to be buying firearms. As I said, high prices are NOT exclusive to IVE or any other particular gun shop. We have a very very bad supply & demand issue right now, with all types of guns, ammo, parts and accessories.

But, if you can get a good deal on what you're wanting to buy, then more luck to you.

Speaking to all current & potential firearm owners; If you want to see an end to high prices and our current supply & demand issues, instead of buying a gun, donate to the NRA (NRA-ILA) or your gun rights organization of choice. Or better yet, buy & donate. Our elected "non-representing representatives" are the reason for the problems we're currently facing. Buying guns and donating to pro-gun lobbies is the only way things will change for better.
Old 04-02-2013, 8:40 PM

KevinA,
Honestly I think you're looking at the prices and judging the character of the group of guys that work there too soon. I know all of them first hand and they are an awesome and very knowledge group to deal with. I see how some could get a little worked up with the prices they have for rifles. Don't let that be the deciding factor, you could surely miss out on a top notch establishment as far as service goes.

Just as TacticalPlinker said high prices are NOT exclusive to just them. Supply issues are not helping anyone right now.

On the topic of purchasing 1911's, they have an awesome selection to choose from and usually come across a lot of "hard to find" models. I've purchased a nice group of 1911's from them that were tough to find models, but that didn't stop Nick or Dave from going out of their way to find what I wanted.

Stop on by and check them out.

Luis Jr
Old 04-08-2013, 8:50 PM

I have noticed that they are pretty good to the calguns community. And some of their high prices were from consignment rifles. May be I caught the guy on a bad day. I will probably go back next time I'm down there.
Old 04-08-2013, 9:51 PM

IVE is pretty good. I like the fact that they support CalGuns. I found out about CalGuns through them. I was out of the firearm hobby for over 10 years. I hadn't bought anything since the mid 90's.

I have a range membership, joined the NRA and have donated to CalGuns. I used to take gun ownership for granted. Not anymore.

I agree the prices are high, but I am willing to support them.

I have to also recommend Dave at IVE. Good guy who has sold me several guns.
Old 04-09-2013, 9:06 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

You guys are all speaking as if those prices are set in concrete. The last time I bought guns from them, they were more than willing to deal with me and to price match the competition. Sure prices are high right now but you will see that anywhere you go right now. All you need to do is talk to them and see if they are willing to price match or make you a package deal if you are buying more than one gun. Money talks.

IVE are very good people. Sure, not every employee they have in the place may give exemplary service 100% of the time but most of them are very cool people who want to really help and earn your business. I have bought three guns from them and just renewed my one year Gold membership. We need to support them, if they close, we will once again just be stuck with the clowns over at Shooters Paradise as far as an indoor range in VC. I have had several bad experiences there and IVE is leagues better, both as a range and as a gun shop.

I second Dave, I have bought some lowers from him and took a class with him, he is super cool and very smart.

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading
Old 04-09-2013, 9:41 PM
Stoopid American Redneck™
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
We need to support them, if they close, we will once again just be stuck with the clowns over at Shooters Paradise as far as an indoor range in VC.
Q F T !!!

+1

"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post

Smokin Barrles is a total rip off. I just purchased an XD40 SC ($110.00 less at Greata's) and an XD45 Tactical ($165.00 less at Greta's). Ammo is at least $10 more a box than Greta's. Brass and other reloading supplies is 3x more at Smokin RipOff. Will not buy a thing there at all.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi-Surfer View Post
Smokin Barrles is a total rip off. I just purchased an XD40 SC ($110.00 less at Greata's) and an XD45 Tactical ($165.00 less at Greta's). Ammo is at least $10 more a box than Greta's. Brass and other reloading supplies is 3x more at Smokin RipOff. Will not buy a thing there at all.
As I said multiple times, high prices ARE NOT exclusive to any one gun shop, local or otherwise. Find the deals when and where you can... Welcome to the firearms industry in 2013.

That said... Shop where you want, buy what you want, and pay what you want. No one here really cares, including me. Especially when some of you keep ignoring reality and instead play favorites.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That's what I do ..........
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 PM

Dave, Nick, Aiden, Jon, Brandon, Miguel, Luis, Hutch, Jim, Leshawn, etc are all top notch dudes down at Island View. If you're extremely interested in purchasing something, Nick and Dave will surely work with you on pricing. Within the last year I think my pops and I have collected about 15 firearms total from Island View. They'll work with you on pricing. Just as someone else stated above, a lot of the higher prices on the AR's are consignment stuff. Oh and lets not even start on the Shooter's topic lol I'd hate to say bad things about a shop, but let's just say they have sub par performance.

Luis Jr
Old 04-23-2013, 4:12 AM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Jacob used to get my business when he first started IVE. But since the range, and the panic, got a little to nuts for me. Not that is not good business, I get it.

Been taking my business to WD guns. Sergio is a great guy to deal with

-178S

Last edited by One78Shovel; 04-23-2013 at 4:20 AM..