Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 04-13-2013, 8:22 AM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikr4jc View Post
For the record....
We secured the spot Thursday afternoon!!!

Holding it down for the IE chapter..
Thank you Sir.

You guys rock.....!!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 04-13-2013, 9:16 AM

I'm beyond disappointed. Can't make it out this year fellas, mandatory OT calls. Have fun and stay safe
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 AM

How's the weather? About to head out
Old 04-13-2013, 5:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.rod19 View Post
How's the weather? About to head out
The wind is horrible but I guess you know that by now.
Old 04-13-2013, 6:14 PM

Ugh.... wind completely ruined the trip. Eyes are burning, guns looks like they went through operation desert storm, everyone's targets are destroyed. Overall just a bad trip.

Sorry, not to be a downer. Just really disappointed.

Oddly enough Friday night was great just not Saturday.
Old 04-13-2013, 9:24 PM

Well fellas, we tried. After potluck my group voted on leaving early when we heard report that wind gusts would increase through the night. Packed up and got the hell out of dodge.

This zombie shoot will be rememered as "operation desert storm", like tempdrummer said.

Always fun when I get to shoot. Now to clean about 5 pounds of dust and sand out of my guns....
Old 04-13-2013, 9:24 PM

we came prepared for the Zombies ,

All the tent was taken down.

Our tent still standing

My son getting ready
just got home, my target wouldn't stand up against that wind, had fun even with the wind howling. See you guys again next year. The Zombies won this time.

Last edited by emy; 04-15-2013 at 12:27 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 9:28 PM
Now in AZ

Well, the wind was bad. My Ez-up was heavily damaged shortly before I conducted the safety briefing. It was a pretty terrible day for shooting, but the event was still worth it. I spoke with many great people at the event and I only managed to get the chance to talk to just a small group of everyone who attended. It was great seeing everyone helping each other out in dealing with their Ez-up failures. Many people offered their time, tools, equipment and resources to make this event happen.

This event drove home the point that Calguns is more than just a forum, but truly is a close knit community. While a small number of us organize and coordinate events like this, our efforts are meaningless without you: The Calguns community. By your participation in events like this, you prove the anti-gunners wrong. You prove that you can bring together a wide mix of color, creed, political views, backgrounds, etc, and mix it all together with a very large amount of guns and ammo, and that blood wont run in the street.

Seeing how everyone made the best of the terrible conditions, and viewed in light of the big picture of things, this event was a success. On my drive home I was reflecting on this, and felt very motivated and inspired by the efforts all of you put in.

In talking with people at the event, I learned that today was the very first time a young lady guest fired a gun. And judging by the smile her face, I am sure that it will not be the last!

It was also great seeing people bringing the whole family out. By involving your spouses, girlfriends, friends and children you do a lot towards securing the future of the 2nd Amendment in California.

So, despite the weather, broken Ez-ups, and sun burns, I want to extend a warm THANK YOU to everyone who came out. Hope to see all of you at future events.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM

Sat. 2200 hrs. Range update.

Yup, we are still here, two ranges open with .... Believe it or not just a light breeze.

We have our Marines brothers asking me if they can shoot all night long.

Second range going strong.

Live music going at the campground, entire families singing at the camp ground with a nice fire going at the same time.

Mother nature is always unpredictible and always willing to show us the truth.

I'll elaborate more later on, in the mean time and you would scuse me.

The range still hot and I'm all over it.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 PM

I wish i could have made it even if wind was forecasted i would still have a great time just take cover and open a cold beer.instead i had a kids party to go to.

Either way being at the desert it would beat staying home.

Just have to wait two weeks before i take my kids out shooting there.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 PM

Had a lot of fun with my daughter at the shoot today. The wind did get to be a bit much, and it ate my pop-up, but overall a lot of fun.

Jima77, jonsey72 and their crew let us hang with them and shoot a few of their sweet rifles. My daughter wants an AR15 now.. lol

Also, thanks to all the guys that helped get my car off that rock (the one the size of Feinstein's ego)... We made it home without breaking down or catching fire.

Overall, a great day.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by AlaskaGuy; 04-14-2013 at 3:04 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmoto View Post
Well fellas, we tried. After potluck my group voted on leaving early when we heard report that wind gusts would increase through the night. ....
Same here...
we were planning on camping out.
But then came the devil winds.

All 3 of us got nailed by sand and stung by bugs the wind picked up.
The final straw was the tent going bye bye .
Seems another couple bailed too for the same reason

Next time Ill bring 3 foot rebar
or a camper.

Good news tho.
The tactical solutions PAcLite 22/45 upper went 800rnds without
any issues.
Ultimate clip loader is Ki##A## and 7 mags ran back to back.

Got my Sig Mosquito de bugged were it ran Bulk
ammo Without problems.

And it seemed that everyones targets who got blown off there
stand/holder were blown in my direction and zip right past at a HIGH velocity.
George Patton

Last edited by uxo2; 04-13-2013 at 10:32 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 10:48 PM

Thanks to all how organized and made this trip a safe and fun time. Had fun with my son today. We are pretty new to shooting and new to Calguns. Even with the challenging wind conditions and a trashed EZ-up, it was great to meet such a good group of folks. Not to mention it is always fun to sling lead downrange even if the wind carries it a few inches to the right. A special thank you to Dillon, Marlin, and their friend (sorry can't remember name) who completely field stripped and fixed my son's Mosin.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 PM

Took a new shooter to the event today, had a great time and met some cool people. Thanks for putting the event on, Calguns.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 PM

True story!!! Here with Lone Wolf and other loved ones at this year's zombie shoot. I just witnessed the shot of te day/night! A 13 year old phenom with a 1948 Mossen just hit and exploded a flashlight (4 inch at best) from 360 yards out. No scope, no light, 30 mile/hour wind. In the dark! Beats everything I've ever seen! Thanks for a great time!
Old 04-14-2013, 1:03 AM

Unreal! The best day and night of my life. Imagine listening to military stories, campfire music (from a famous recording artist who asked to remain anonymous) and weather that became perfect after dusk. People who didn't stay really missed a wonderfully treat. There was tri-tip, ribs and carne asada! Marshmellows for the kids and plenty of different beers at camp at the end of day. No zombies attacted but believe me when I say....we were ready for em'.
Old 04-14-2013, 1:22 AM

Just got out of the shower, got rid of a pound or two of dust and dirt. In spite of the wind our group had a great time. I'll try and post some pictures later. Thanks to the people who helped make this an enjoyable experience. We decided not to camp because of the winds, but stayed for Mosin Madness. As we finished the last strap on our loaded down truck I turned to Jonesy and said wouldn't you know it the wind has died down now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
Am I a bad person for wondeing why the French even need guns, won't it just slow them down as they run away

Last edited by JimA77; 04-14-2013 at 1:27 AM.. Reason: Added info
Old 04-14-2013, 1:24 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
I feel like dog **** I will not make it down this year, 1 tshirt and those paracord bracelets can be taken by intoforever and I will pay buy MO if thats ok. Enjoy and be safe guys/gals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
The shirt I have for you from Vick shows paid, I will give it to intoforever. Hope you feel better!
You forgot to give me his shirt. I predict a visit from USPS in your future, Yugo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
Took a new shooter to the event today, had a great time and met some cool people. Thanks for putting the event on, Calguns.
Going to put that on my list for the next SSZS, bring a new shooter.

I had fun even with the strong winds and dust blowing everywhere. I got to converse with great people and shoot guns. At the time of my leaving there was still no firearm injuries other than a minor poke or pinch. There are no photos from me as I didn't want to have to send my camera equipment off to be cleaned again. Once home I realized I was so dirty, if I got wet, I could grow corn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll

Last edited by IntoForever; 04-14-2013 at 1:28 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 1:26 AM

My drive home was a nightmare. Complete with sandstorm/ fog from Victorville to San Bernandino (visibility dropped to 10-20 FEET). Plus had to pull off in Victorville for a powernap, and traffic on the 10 in the Montclair area gave me my 3rd or 4th close call.... Had fun though; the drive, hassle, lack of sleep, and sheer amount cost (mostly ammo and gas) made shooting all day worth it. Hope everyone else made it home safe and sound.
Old 04-14-2013, 2:23 AM
Calguns Addict

man sounds like most of you had a great time I will try my hardest to join you all next year or maybe 4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 7:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Congrats to all who could make it. While some may be disappointed by the less-than-perfect conditions, I would have swapped you in a hot minute as I was stuck working all day.
Get 'em next year! (And I hope to be there as well.)
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 04-14-2013, 8:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks to everyone who helped organize!!! Another great event in spite of the winds. A bit rough on some new shooters our group had, but they had a great time.

After the EZ-up got trashed, the sun even though not hot took its toll on my better half so it was time to pack up at lunch. But not until the better half had her new EoTech sighted in and was hitting 4 inch plates at 75 to 100 yards with regularity. She is hoooked again!

Did someone mention 4.5?

Thanks again all for a great time!!! Great to meet some new faces. Looking forward to the next get together!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 9:21 AM
Veteran Member

Hey.
mrlonewolf , RSOs and everyones else
that helped organize and help this event.

THANK YOU...
George Patton
Old 04-14-2013, 9:33 AM

My group cut and run at 3pm... but enjoyed the time we spent there! We are looking forward to better conditions next year!
Old 04-14-2013, 9:43 AM

Just left camp. Winds are a little better this morning but they definitely haven't stopped. Now to get a real shower. Maybe I can just take the guns in with me.
Old 04-14-2013, 9:50 AM

For anyone who needs/ wants an AR-15, There is a quality one for sale in OC. I have been keeping tabs on it for a few weeks and it has not sold. I know I talked to a couple people about it yesterday.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=725140

BTW in case I forgot my manners and failed to introduce myself yesterday, I am Chris (the Marine rocking an OD green chest rig all day Sat).

Will post what few pics and vids I have later.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
man sounds like most of you had a great time I will try my hardest to join you all next year or maybe 4.5
I have some items for you however you'll have to excuse the bio-suit when we meet (or can of Lysol)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
Congrats to all who could make it. While some may be disappointed by the less-than-perfect conditions, I would have swapped you in a hot minute as I was stuck working all day.
Get 'em next year! (And I hope to be there as well.)
The high winds sucked, dirty firearms sucked and the sunburn is sucking but I have no regrets on going, even with 2 jobs that kick-***!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda48264 View Post
Will post what few pics and vids I have later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 04-14-2013, 11:54 AM

Well - it was my first attendance at a Cal Guns event. A success, despite the following observations. Brother invited me at 10 am Saturday.... home chores first with a late departure. He wanted to see night muzzle flash, so a late return was good for all.

Arrived at 3pm and left at 6:30. Directions perfect. Weather sucked. Found Steve - brother's work friend, who generously shared an AR and AR pistol. We brought the Garand, but no time/opportunity to set targets. Range officer graciously let us use his 'gong' on the hill at ~200 yds. We scared the hell out of it, but didn't qualify for the Gong Show.
I appreciated the range discipline, but bemoaned the long delay of 'range cold' for target dismantling by the early birds. It meant we lost so much light (:45 for target changes?) that I couldn't see the gong any longer.

So I tried to be a good citizen while waiting and did some range cleaning. I had no tools, no trash bags, and fully dirted my NRA gear bag.... It seems the earlier departures didn't do such a good job of picking up. And I really haven't a need for all the 223 brass. 'Cleanup brass' photo after cleaning our guns last night. Then- finally - shooter cleanup! Hah-hah.

Guess I'll have to come next year to watch the 'show'.
My photos attached..... thanks Cal Guns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-jh-arpistol.jpg (89.2 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg 4-rangecleanr.jpg (80.7 KB, 175 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 12:16 PM

Default POT

Some one borrowed one of my pots & lid for the pot luck.
Can I get it back please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSZS-Kitchen.jpg (97.0 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg SSZS-Range.jpg (100.2 KB, 159 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM

Default Some Photos

Some photos for sharing.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CJB_4338a.jpg (43.4 KB, 209 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Default Photos

More photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CJB_4357a.jpg (67.3 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg CJB_4358.jpg (60.1 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg CJB_4365.jpg (80.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg CJB_4366.jpg (88.8 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg CJB_4372.jpg (86.4 KB, 184 views)
Old 04-14-2013, 1:15 PM

Just want to say thanks to every one who put this event together and to thanks mrlonewolf, Sean Casey and all the RO's who kept this event a safe one like the rest of them. Still had a great time even after the winds storms(dust storm) and sunburned face. Eyes still burn from the sand but next time will be better.
Old 04-14-2013, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post

You guys rock.....!!!
Just wanted to thank you, Sean and the RSO's for your hard work.
You guys ROCK !!
Oh and I found my 10/20 Pmag 7.62 one of our guys threw it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
Am I a bad person for wondeing why the French even need guns, won't it just slow them down as they run away
Old 04-14-2013, 2:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
You forgot to give me his shirt. I predict a visit from USPS in your future, Yugo.
I did forget when you were at my truck picking up yours but a few minutes later I came to your truck with it. You were standing on the tailgate tying your canopy yo your roof rack, I set it on the tailgate while talking to you about it. Check the back of your truck, it is in a white USPS envelope with Yugo's name on it.
Old 04-14-2013, 2:38 PM

Default Photos Friday Night

Who was it that took photos Friday night?
I would like to get a copy of the pix you took of me w/ my flame throwing 357
Thanks
Joe
Old 04-14-2013, 2:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Charles007 was taking pics on Friday.
Old 04-14-2013, 2:44 PM

Thanks to all the coordinators. It was our first time at a Calguns event and we all had a blast. Can't wait for next year.
Old 04-14-2013, 2:49 PM

That was me: Charles007. Please PM me your email address and I'll send them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyneur View Post
Who was it that took photos Friday night?
I would like to get a copy of the pix you took of me w/ my flame throwing 357
Thanks
Joe
Old 04-14-2013, 3:37 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks to lonewolf, Sean, the RO team and all that participated in the pot luck. Even though it was windy it was still a good event, can't wait till the next one.

Who made the chili with the mushrooms? That stuff was good!
Old 04-14-2013, 4:51 PM

Campground pics.

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 04-14-2013 at 5:01 PM..