Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 03-31-2013, 4:57 PM

Default buying land in AZ

hey, looking to buy a few acres in AZ (probably the kingman/seligman area)

just want some land for camping with the family
trees would be great
privacy would be key
only need a few acres (looking to spend about 12 thousand)

anyone know a good AZ real estate hook up or have a lead on any cool land out there. any help would be greatly appreciated. and yes i have been googling, but advice from people in the know would be even better

thanks everyone!
Old 03-31-2013, 6:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ooooh me too! Subscribed!
Old 04-01-2013, 7:45 AM

Not too far from Kingman !
http://www.landsofarizona.com/arizon...ona/id/1172821
I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice
Old 04-01-2013, 9:12 AM

Think about water/mineral rights when buying land.
Tagged. Future n.az or idaho land buyer.
Old 04-01-2013, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Think about water/mineral rights when buying land.
Tagged. Future n.az or idaho land buyer.
Very True. Check out Jakes Old West Properties OP. Lots of good stuff there !
I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice
Old 04-01-2013, 3:43 PM
Calguns Addict

This is between Kingman and Seligman -- take 93 toward Wickenburg
http://www.silveradoaz.com/ranch.html

Close enough to Kingman to commute.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 PM

Where can you buy land and get broadband internet?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have several lots in Mohave county. Biggest problem is water. You need to have an underground tank installed, and have water delivered. You can get it yourself at a county well, but delivery isn't bad. Keep away from Dolan Springs area of Mohave County. You leave anything unattended its as good as gone.
Old 04-03-2013, 3:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Good luck finding 'trees'. There is no water in the desert and no trees. Also watch out for flash floods. Moving up in elevation is something to consider.

Google is helpful but probably your best bet would be finding a Realtor who knows the area. Also, drive to see everything in person before buying. A lot of cheap desert property scams over the years.

I don't know if I would personally spend 12K for a camping site. I would want a remote area with a water-table (for a proper well) and a possible compound of some sort. Maybe a couple of portable buildings on a proper slab, well water to drink, maybe some solar/wind power. A place to shoot...hahahah....it's all good.

Have fun.!

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 04-03-2013, 5:34 AM

I have 5 acres and hardly go there. If you buying for camping.. i suggest save your cash and just go to BLM land. They are free to camp. However, if you want to build is another story....
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Hell, I am planning on MOVING there!
Old 04-03-2013, 2:52 PM

ya, i'm going to build a nice camping/compound
Old 04-03-2013, 5:16 PM

You can get some barron dirt in Peach Springs and bug out to the Caverns when need be!
Like Us On Facebook: For Specials and Giveaways!

Local Hikes and Outings:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=388930
Check out the Riverside/Inland Empire Roll-Call Thread!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=137427
Old 04-04-2013, 2:59 PM

I'm looking for the same but in CO, ID, OR, WY, UT, MT. Basically not in the desert. Would really like to find something in CO. But any of those states with mountains, trees, and water will work for me.
Old 04-04-2013, 3:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRStreeetgang View Post
Keep away from Dolan Springs area of Mohave County. You leave anything unattended its as good as gone.
That's true about a LOT of rural areas. Worst one I read about was a small shed south of Lake Tahoe. Rural tweakers stole the entire shed and contents. They also pulled the well pump out of the well and stole that along with the copper wire. I'm sure they were trying to figure out how to steal the well hole...

Up where it snows, the locals hit the tourist cabins on their snowmobiles and clean them out.

I want some place in the country, but I want to travel as well. If I leave for two or three months, the locals will notice and clean it out. You need to have somebody reliable to house sit, for free. Buy their food, it's cheaper than replacing everything you own.
Old 04-04-2013, 3:58 PM

I've been looking at this off-and-on for a while now. Personally, I like the looks of either Yavapai or Coconino County, AZ. High elevation = lower temps. Lots of juniper and pinon pine trees, and rolling hills = interesting views.

Regarding building, it seems difficult. Apparently the whole county of Yavapai is treated as if it was downtown Prescott regarding the level of permitting that you need to obtain. Those areas where decent acreage is available with trees for under $50k also happen to be really far from any sort of civilization. That's my cup o' tea, but any contractors / building supplies / etc are going to have to travel quite a ways to get to you. Water might require a deep well but delivery is also available, and overall, is obtainable for reasonable (for off the grid) prices.

You can shoot on private property, but it has to be 1 mile from any dwelling or "occupied structure." Good luck finding that . You also cannot target shoot on State Trust land, which is abundant in those counties. And no, they don't let you "sight-in" on Trust land either, so don't bother with that excuse. The National Forests in the area (Prescott and Kaibab) often are closed to shooting during fire season, which is about as long as it is in CA. Gunsite Academy is right there, however, if that's something you would enjoy.

Last edited by Rumline; 04-04-2013 at 4:15 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 4:39 PM

Prescott LEO is cool with the full auto/ silencer. just an fyi
Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klewan View Post
That's true about a LOT of rural areas. Worst one I read about was a small shed south of Lake Tahoe. Rural tweakers stole the entire shed and contents. They also pulled the well pump out of the well and stole that along with the copper wire. I'm sure they were trying to figure out how to steal the well hole...

Up where it snows, the locals hit the tourist cabins on their snowmobiles and clean them out.

I want some place in the country, but I want to travel as well. If I leave for two or three months, the locals will notice and clean it out. You need to have somebody reliable to house sit, for free. Buy their food, it's cheaper than replacing everything you own.
Agree. I have been lucky with a place my dad once had in New Mexico. We hungout there one summer and got along well with the locals, and once we had that everything was good. Now that was a tiny town of 100 people, not exactly isolated, but the furniture never walked either
Old 04-07-2013, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Chuck View Post
Very True. Check out Jakes Old West Properties OP. Lots of good stuff there !
Good link!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM

With so many places out there these day "selling land" what is the best recommended way of weeding out the bad from the good.
Old 04-10-2013, 9:59 AM

My wife's uncle owns thousands of acres right off the Highway 93. His name is Leo Horner and is legit. Give him a call at (928) 715-2444 or (928) 530-1363.

You can check out one of his developments here:

http://www.silveradoaz.com/index.html
Old 04-10-2013, 1:31 PM

Go Here: http://willowcreekranchpoa.com/parcels-for-sale/

I own in the Willow Creek Ranch - great place.

It's about 30 miles up the freeway from Kingman, and about 4000K feet up. Being this high, we have a good mix of trees, sessional creeks, and interesting landscapes.

The whole place is intermixed with BLM land so there is not many people around.

Good Luck.
Old 04-10-2013, 2:04 PM

Hey OP, a couple of acres will not give you much privacy. My buddy has ten acres (very rural) and it is tough to position yourself where you cannot be seen from another dwelling. I like your idea, just thought you might set your sights a little bigger piece of property is the cash flow permits. Good Luck.