Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM

Default Legislative hearings at the Capital

Is anyone plan on attending these hearing this month? After all we are the local guys.

There were 3 today.

In my last job, I attended several legislative hearing, the industry I was involved with had a small local group that made it a point of attending the hearings, one person would say a small bit, and the rest of us would stand up and be recognized in support.

This is NOT happening right now, these legislators think if no one comes out to these hearings against the gun-grab laws they are trying to pass, then the public must be for these outrageous attempts to steal our 2A rights.

If someone will join me I will go, we can coordinate via PM or email.
Old 04-03-2013, 9:28 AM

REALLY? NO REPLIES?

I know most have to work thus no time for such an effort, I'm semi-retired so I have time, but some can help we need to get an effort going.

Legislators may live somewhere else, but they spend a lot of time in Sacramento, they need to know they can't go home or isolate themselves at the Capital and ignore those whose 2A rights they are attempting to steal or trample on.

We CAN NOT GO DOWN SILENTLY! THEY NEED TO KNOW WE WILL FIGHT THEM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!

Here is the dates and Bills that will come up for hearings at the Capital

On Monday, April 15 in the state Assembly Committee on Revenue and Taxation:

Assembly Bill 760
(Dickinson) imposes a sales tax of .05 cents per ammunition component (complete cartridge, bullet or case).

On Tuesday, April 16 in the state Senate Committee on Public Safety:

Senate Bill 47
(Yee) expands the definition of “Assault Weapons” to BAN the future sale of rifles that have been designed/sold and are equipped to use the “bullet button” or similar device, requires NEW “assault weapon” registration, requires registration of ALL those semi-auto rifles that are currently possessed to retain legal possession in the future, and subjects these firearms to all other “assault weapons” restrictions.
Senate Bill 53
(DeLeon) requires persons to buy an annual ammunition purchase permit, requires the registration and thumbprint of the purchaser for each ammunition purchase, and bans online and mail order sales of ammunition to Californians.
Senate Bill 108
(Yee) requires mandatory locked storage of firearms within a locked house regardless of whether anyone is present.
Senate Bill 293
(DeSaulnier) bans the sale of conventional handguns, if the Department of Justice approves the sale of “Owner Authorized – Smart” handgun technology.
Senate Bill 299
(DeSaulnier) turns victims of firearm theft into criminals for failing to report the loss of their firearm within 48 hours.
Senate Bill 374
(Steinberg) expands the definition of “assault weapons” to BAN the future sale of VIRTUALLY ALL semi-auto rifles (including rimfire cartridges) that accept a detachable magazine, requires NEW “assault weapon” registration, requires registration of ALL those semi-auto rifles that are currently possessed to retain legal possession in the future, and subjects these firearms to all other “assault weapons” restrictions.
Senate Bill 396
(Hancock) bans the possession of any magazine with a capacity to accept more than 10 cartridges, including currently legally possessed "grandfathered" large capacity magazines.
Senate Bill 567
(Jackson) changes the technical definition of a shotgun, which would turn all handguns into short-barrel shotguns that are illegal to own.

Last edited by walterwhite; 04-03-2013 at 9:45 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM

The Hearing Rooms for the above anti 2A bills:

AB 760 Monday 4/15/13 (1:30pm @ State Capital Room 126)

All the following Senate bills will be in hearing at 9am Tuesday in the John L Burton Hearing Room #4203

SB47, SB53, SB108, SB127, SB293, SB299, SB363, SB374, SB396, SB475, SB567, SB755
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
REALLY? NO REPLIES?
Yeah, sorry about that.

I read this yesterday and brought it up to the CGSSA Planning Forum as a good idea linking this thread.

Quote:
Another Calgunner brought it up and I think its a good idea.

We ought to have a Legislative contingent at the hearings for these bills being produced in Sacramento.

At a minimum some folks flying our colors up there, maybe a mobile Booth with flyers etc.
Lobby the Lobbyists, hook up with CRPA etc.
The CGSSA President Jacob answered it as a good idea and has taken action contacting the NRA and the NRA-ILA to join up with their efforts in Sacramento.

Quote:
Agreed. I have corresponded by email and will take a few steps on this idea. I will also be reaching out to NRA-ILA regional lead
Sorry about not posting followup sooner.

Like a duck on the water looking calm, there is much activity unseen here.

Thanks,

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 04-03-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM

So what are the dates, Im interested.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock31B View Post
So what are the dates, Im interested.
Monday April 15, Tuesday April 16.

AB 760 Monday 4/15/13 (1:30pm @ State Capital Room 126)

9am Tuesday in the John L Burton Hearing Room #4203
SB47, SB53, SB108, SB127, SB293, SB299, SB363, SB374, SB396, SB475, SB567, SB755
Old 04-03-2013, 1:37 PM
C3 Leader

Also started thread in 2A forum.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10992807

I ordered 300 lanyards to be made available the mornings of the hearing.
I'll be sending them to walterwhite so watch for hie point of meeting prior to going inside.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf
Old 04-03-2013, 1:56 PM
Calguns Addict

The problem as I see it is the same anti gun people keep on getting reelected.
Old 04-03-2013, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
The problem as I see it is the same anti gun people keep on getting reelected.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

However anti-2A is a Right vs. Left Paradigm breaking issue! Not just conservatives appreciate their Constitutional 2A right, large segments of moderates, and liberals cherish those same rights.

The battle lines are drawn, the extreme progressive/liberals have showed their hand, 2A rights are not the only rights at stake, and many thinking people recognize this.

Attempting to show we oppose these egregious regulations that trample our constitutional rights is only the start! We have a 4 year battle ahead, to turn over the status quo in Sacramento, by pursing local elections to win back those Calif legislator seats necessary to overturn needless regulations and laws.

GET INVOLVED NOW! Our children and grandchildren's future depends on it.

ALL FUTURE UPDATES TO THIS THREAD OR THE LATEST INFO WILL BE POSTED IN THE THREAD "APR 15,16 HEARINGS WE MUST SHOW UP!" located in the 2nd Amendment forum
Old 04-03-2013, 2:28 PM

Please see the 2A forum for further information.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=738035