Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 03-23-2013, 2:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefer_bob View Post
Well, in short, I have the rifle. The DOJ was called and never responded. After some deliberation, and basically lack of any other options, they transfered the rifle to me.

w00t.
Now call that FFL, pretend to be from DoJ and say "You are in big trouble mister!! You should have waited until we returned your call. Big trouble."
Old 03-23-2013, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Now call that FFL, pretend to be from DoJ and say "You are in big trouble mister!! You should have waited until we returned your call. Big trouble."
lol you should so do this
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Old 03-23-2013, 2:41 PM

Or perhaps the DOJ did call the FFL back and say nothing was illegal. The FFL was too embarrassed to acknowledge their mess-up so they transfered the rifle and said that they did not receive a DOJ call back
Old 03-23-2013, 2:52 PM

Who was the ignorant FFL? I am also in norcal.

I only use GST, never had any problems like that.
Old 03-25-2013, 1:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Some FFLS just are not comfortable with the law and will only do the bare minimum by way of transfer. Educating them is problematic. Outing them is a surefire way of getting them educated, but sure is a harsh response to what might be an honest mistake. If you got your gun, call it a day and chalk it up to experience on who not to use next time around.

Golden State Tactical <---click here or Here--->Golden State Tactical Store

An Outpost Deep In the Heart of the Beast! Home of "California Compliant" AR15 Parts and Magazines and some of the lowest priced guns in the state!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 7:15 PM

I have had private citizens ship me handguns in a Priority Mail Flatrate box. Not legal and quite stupid, but once the gun is here, I move on with it. I am certainly not going to call the DOJ and moan about it. On the other hand, I have FFL's ship me handguns UPS ground with no signature and I find it on my porch when I get home. Sometimes they sit for days because my real job takes my out of town. People need to wake up when they ship guns.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
01 Dealer 3xGuns Redding, CA
US Army MP Corps Veteran
NRA Pistol Coach Level 3

I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.
Old 03-26-2013, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

For private parties shipping a firearm, it would be the USPS who you would call, but it would not do you any good as I doubt that they would do anything.

I have had UPS leave boxes with firearms in them on my front porch that are labeled "adult signature required" (I have better UPS drivers today :-).

The following applies to people, including FFLs, regarding shipping:

Never try to teach a pig to sing . You waste your time and you annoy the pig - Robert A Heinlein.

Either they get it or they don't, but if they don't, most likely they can't be educated.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein