Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 7:20 AM
Veteran Member

Default Bay Area Pro 2A: meet up to organize and plan proactive protests/resistance efforts?

Anyone interested in meeting up to organize ourselves, meet other like minded individuals, and plan protests / ways and means of having our voices heard?

The connections we make now may be vastly more important later.

We all know the protest is Sacramento got zero media coverage. If we had 10,000 people show up, march in the streets, it would be too big for the media to ignore us. I hate to suggest this, but we may want to consider looking at the Occupy movement's tactics for ideas (I hated that movement). They would march frequently in San Francisco down Market street and make a ton of noise. Everyone knew when they were marching. They got a lot of media coverage because they did this over and over again with large numbers of people. A large, frequent protest cannot go unnoticed. That's just one idea, I'm sure we could come up with many more as a group.

I propose we meet in San Francisco on Saturday, Feb. 16th to discuss ideas as a group, network, and elect a council of people to plan and lead the group's efforts. Let's not wait until it's too late to have our collective voice heard. If people are interested we can lock down the details for the meetup location.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:40 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Pick a time & place I will go. I'm a new gun owner and won't give up my right to be so.

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-08-2013, 7:45 AM

Interested.....
Old 02-08-2013, 9:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Extremely interested.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-08-2013, 9:04 AM
Veteran Member

Sweet - Let's see if we can get an initial set of 20+ people to show, we can then work together to increase numbers. I'm thinking we should pick a public spot to meet where we can also have some privacy. Maybe the parking lot at Pac Bell park if there are no events going on?

Also, please start linking people to this thread so we can boost attendance.

Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 02-08-2013 at 9:08 AM..
Old 02-08-2013, 9:48 AM

Any other day? Im set to be at an ak build then.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haverecords View Post
Any other day? Im set to be at an ak build then.
We'll see how many people are interested and what day works best for the majority. I would be open for Sunday the 17th too.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Count me in. I'm done with 'the system'. The 'system' is the foolhardy individuals in Sacramento, and they are all certainly broken.
More regimes have been brought, piecemeal, to their knees by what was once called “Irish Democracy”—the silent, dogged resistance, withdrawal, and truculence of millions of ordinary people—than by revolutionary vanguards or rioting mobs.
Old 02-08-2013, 2:26 PM
Veteran Member

I want to cross post a posting I made in response to Gene's Keep Calm thread (in the 2A section of CGN) to better elaborate where I am coming from and my goals for the meeting. I know it's long, and my conclusions about the gun grabbers are most likely suspect, but the thinking behind my motivation for meeting and organizing our efforts combined with an effective strategy to counter the misinformation campaigns from the other side is time tested and proven effective. As individuals we are weak, as a group we are strong.

Quote:
I understand that many people believe Brown will veto some of these bills. BUT, Brown is a wildcard, we don't know what he will do if/when these bills make it to his desk. We also can't guarantee that if he does veto, the Dem's won't be able to put together enough votes to override his veto (unless I misunderstand their power should they have the votes). After hours of thinking about the press conference, what was said by each of the speakers, the interviews I have watched, and the legislation being introduced, I have reached a conclusion that really scares me. I know we should keep calm and go shooting. It's hard for me to accept that and not dig as deep into their intentions as possible to better understand what's going on. Any tactician would say that to defeat an enemy you must understand your enemy. For that reason alone I believe it's important that we discuss their goals, however far out, impossible, or illogical they may be (sorry if this is better suited for another thread but I think it belongs here). Without understanding the enemy, writing letters, protesting, etc. will not be very effective. Now is our opportunity to make our voices heard and we should do so in the most effective way meaning we need to take into account their motivations/goals, speak their language, and employ the best possible countering moves we have on an individual basis that communicates a logical, unified, and strong counter argument.

Here is my theory on the situation and the true intentions of these bills.

IF the bills regarding magazine/gun capacity limits, a ban on all detachable magazine firearms, Yee's ban on bullet buttons, and the bill revoking grandfathering are passed and signed (and an injunction fails), gun owners will be forced to do one of the following:

1. Leave the State and keep their guns (what they want, less Red votes, make sure to not let the door hit you in the butt on the way out)
2. Turn your guns in for destruction by the State (they will have plenty of time to do this while the cases work their way through the courts)
3. Hide your guns/not turn them in - you will end up with a felony warrant issued for your arrest if you have any registered firearms. Next time you have contact w/ LEOs for any reason you will go straight to jail. A conviction would mean you are a felon a lose your right to vote (they want that) and your right to own guns (they want that too!).
4. You fight for your rights. You die, your family may die, LEOs may die. I don't see this really happening, but if it did, you would really only be strengthening their arguments. News: "Suspect ABC XYZ opened fire on police last night with his high capacity 10 round assault "clip" assault rifle Ruger 10/22, using assault bullets with hollow points from an arsenal of 500 rounds he bought at one time in a single box, when contacted by LEO..." They win again!

All they need is a couple years of these laws in place to confiscate/destroy a huge number of firearms, drive gun owners (along with their votes & guns) out of state resulting in the popular vote of California being even more receptive to their evil agenda, cause gun owners to lose their rights to vote and own firearms by making them criminals (you know they will dog pile charges on you, it wont simply be an illegal AW charge), and intimidate/demoralize the gun owners with moderate or less levels of conviction in their beliefs regarding their rights into ceding those rights (because gun ownership is not worth the trouble).

They know the vast majority of what they want to pass will not stand the test of the Courts in the long run. They don't care, though, because even a temporary victory of this caliber would seriously hamper and possibly destroy the momentum behind our efforts to preserve the second amendment in California by severely reducing our numbers and weakening our convictions and morale. They're not simply aiming for new laws and legal victories, they're aiming to change the culture of California to be so anti-gun that even if we are given the right to own firearms here, the vast majority will choose not to exercise their Constitutionally guaranteed right because gun owners are/will be social pariahs and vilified openly. It's much easier to strip people of their rights if they aren't using them than if they are. With Sandy Hook and the media's creative statistics, depictions of guns and viloence, and constantly portraying gun owners as crazy social outcasts this may be possible. It's clear to me that the gun grabbers/media want to brainwash the sheeple and our children from a very early age into believing firearms are the root of all evil (from Yee's interview on armed security at schools / suggesting we teach kids from young age that guns are bad). If they teach kids how bad guns are during their developmental years and it will be difficult to reverse those beliefs later on in their lives. As adults, these people will then pass those convictions onto their children and compound the numbers. Generation by generation they will indoctrinate people to hate guns and gun owners until there are none of us left to defend our right.

I know that it's somewhat of a long shot that all of these bills would be passed, signed, and go into effect. But, if you spin the roulette wheel enough every number will eventually come up. There can be no certainties.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this and missed something that would make my conclusions illogical (haha, w/ gun grabbers that means I'm probably right). I spent a couple hours thinking about the press conference and what their true motivations must be to suggest such egregious violations of the Second Amendment. What is written above is the only conclusion I could come up with. Then again, it's hard to get inside the minds of delusional, egotistical madmen. I repeat: I don't think this is likely to actually happen; I am simply hypothesizing what the end goal of the gun grabbers actually is (until they make it known publicly or I can think of a better explanation). I understand the tactic of ask for a lot to get some of what you want, but I think these bills go well beyond that and implies a realistic push to make this happen (thanks to NY). We have seen what can happen with New York, it is possible for this to actually happen no matter how much we hope it wont (thankfully the odds are relatively low). I know it sounds really far out - but you tell me - am I crazy or are they the crazy ones?

****Anyone in Nor Cal interested in getting together to help organize our efforts to protest these bills and come up with other creative ways to make our voices heard, please let us know here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...?t=699131*****

The goal is to organize our efforts regarding protests/letter writing/ability to influence moderates/etc. with the desired outcome of increasing the effectiveness and regularity of our individual campaigns. This will also be a great opportunity to network with like minded individuals and discuss short and long term strategy. We cannot simply sit idly and let CGF (and the many other pro 2A orgs) do all of the fighting for us. We need every gun owner in California to be as vocal as humanly possible. If the ban hammer comes down, I for one want to be able to say I did everything in my power to stop it. Keep the donations flowing to CGF, they are the castle wall - we must be the archers standing with her to fend off the siege! Looks like our Right in California needs to be earned, who is willing to step up to the plate? Someone should organize one of these in So Cal as well.

Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 02-08-2013 at 2:31 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 2:33 PM

in.
Old 02-08-2013, 4:13 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

I'm not panicking about these new gun law proposals. But that doesn't need I, or any 2A supporter, should just wait it out. WeekendWarrior has it right, we need to organize and see what we can do to galvanize as many brave, law-abiding gun owners into action. Everytime I go to Jackson Arms, High Bridge, City Arms, Peninsula Gun, etc.... packed of gun owners and 1st time buyers. We need those folks to see what is coming and stand by us. If you've committed to meet, bring someone with you. I, for one, will inform the inform the gun stores I frequent about this and hope some of their customers will ask me questions...

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-08-2013, 4:24 PM

Maybe the front steps of the capitol would be better place to protest?
Old 02-08-2013, 5:30 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen58 View Post
Maybe the front steps of the capitol would be better place to protest?
I would rather quietly organize and increase our numbers before making our move publicly.

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-08-2013, 7:25 PM

In, but I will be out of town the 16th.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM

Interested. Sure we be great if we could find a more central location that would make it easier for some of us that are over an hour east of the city. Maybe we could pick a location more central to SF and Sac.

Either way I will do my best to participate.
Old 02-09-2013, 3:19 PM
Veteran Member

I'm cool with a spot outside of sf. Let's see how many people we can attract then figure out a location based on that.
Old 02-09-2013, 5:03 PM

I am interested.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Since it's already Thursday I assume we aren't meeting this Saturday.

Depending on the dates going forward I may be unavailable. I'm doing CERT training starting Saturday the 23rd (all day 9-5) and running for 5 Saturdays after that.

Either way I'm subscribing to this thread to get notified of responses. I hope to be involved in Bay Area stuff that we organize.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Interested.
Old 02-14-2013, 1:35 PM

Also interested.
Old 02-14-2013, 5:52 PM
Veteran Member

Cool! I'm available all weekend. We could always meet at Richmond Rod and Gun or Chabot for a dual purpose event. At Richmond we could shoot then discuss over a beer.

How does that sound to everyone?
Old 02-14-2013, 6:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
Cool! I'm available all weekend. We could always meet at Richmond Rod and Gun or Chabot for a dual purpose event. At Richmond we could shoot then discuss over a beer.

How does that sound to everyone?
That's a 1-1.5 hour drive for anyone in the penninsula or San Jose.
I don't know if we can find a place everyone would be happy with but I'd prefer Los altos, prettier drive too.

I hate going into sf and parking sucks.
Old 02-15-2013, 2:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

For clarification I meant Los altos rod and gun club
Old 02-15-2013, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
For clarification I meant Los altos rod and gun club
Problem is we have a few people from Sacramento and East Bay that want in. Los Gatos is a pretty far drive for them.
Old 02-15-2013, 3:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
Problem is we have a few people from Sacramento and East Bay that want in. Los Gatos is a pretty far drive for them.
Yeah I didn't know where everyone was situated.

I don't know where Los Gatos is, only Los Altos.

Anyhow, perhaps the interested parties could post locations and we'll find the most central location to meet?

I'm in Woodside.
Old 02-15-2013, 4:11 PM

I'm interested too. Maybe it would be better if we all communicated in a group email till we have a better idea of what we want to do. Just make sure to use the "reply to all" when writing back.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2013, 4:13 PM

Interested

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
NRA Recruiter
Field Staff MNT OPS
Old 02-15-2013, 4:49 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princexman View Post
I'm interested too. Maybe it would be better if we all communicated in a group email till we have a better idea of what we want to do. Just make sure to use the "reply to all" when writing back.
Great idea. Distances between interested parties are larger than I thought. Initially, I thought it would be in The City. Los Altos, Los Gatos and further out over at the East Bay might be too far for me to drive.

I'll PM the OP for exact location, to help him figure out where would be best to pick a location..

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-20-2013, 4:16 AM

I'll watch for more info. I'm in Milpitas so would prefer somewhere closer to the San Jose area but am willing to travel if need be. If we have enough interest maybe there could be two locations. I'll spread the word at work also and try to get some others to come along.

FYI there is a Denny's in Milpitas off 880 & Calaveras Blvd. we could meet at. They have a large area we could use if the group size warrants it. I know the local Gold Wing riders meet there once a month. Just an option. Maybe we could start a monthly dinner get together. Same location each month or pick different locations.

NRA Life Member: Patron
Calguns Supporter
Firearms Policy Coalition Supporter
Old 02-20-2013, 4:46 AM

Default Has anyone met yet? Can I get in on this?

Maybe I'm late to this idea of a meeting but, I sure would like to meet with fellow gun owners and Second Amendment defenders to discuss current gun issues.

I'm in the East Bay and am willing to travel and make myself available just about any time or place. Any guidance on how to participate would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2013, 1:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hey guys, wanted to revive this thread.

So it appears that we have people in San Jose, upper east bay, peninsula, and scattered about. So I think if we want to keep it within a ~45 minute drive of everyone interested in attending, perhaps the most central location would be near San Mateo bridge (east bay or penn side, whichever has the best gathering spot location). That should keep it within about 45 minutes of the furthest areas like San Jose and the upper east bay/Oakland/Berkley area.

Thoughts?

I guess the next question would be, what's our agenda? If we're just meeting to network that's fine by me. But does anyone have any ideas of what we can do?

Personally I had often wondered by CGF didn't have a booth at the Cow Palace gun show to bring awareness to the organization and calguns community. I'd be interested in getting that going if possible (unless there's reasons that we don't have a booth there which I am unaware of).
The next show is 4/13-4/14.
Old 03-02-2013, 6:01 PM

I'm in...