Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-12-2013, 9:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
Sureeeee. 300blk is a useless round unless you're running a suppressor, but since that has no way of happening in this state, I see it as useless. It fills a need that simply doesn't exist. A .45 carbine fits quite a few purposes
It has better ballistics then 7.62x39 out of a shorter barrel. Are you saying the AK-47 is a useless platform too?

-W
Old 02-12-2013, 9:08 AM

And also check out this month's calander girl on Riflegear 2013 Calender

Point is, you want one, og to a range that rent one and try it out.

I saw a Pistol behind the conter at FTT&T i think you can rent it.
Old 02-13-2013, 5:05 PM

My oh my Mila...
Oh, anyway, I'm a tech kind of guy. And though I can accept that the real differential capabilities of the Kriss are diminished with a long barrel and a semi-switch only, it has to be so that a design to diminish recoil is a good thing. Not as much as in a handheld, but still a good thing.
I own an MP5 clone (ATI) which likely will become valuable over time as well as it being a great shooter due to the roller lock device. But it's the AT94 model. Sort of the MP5 equivalent of the Kriss carbine. But it's still all good. And when the 9mm Kriss debut's, I'll be getting in line for it.
Yes, if I leave the state I'll be able to improve it, but for me, a PCC (pistol caliber carbine) makes a lot of sense for HD (though a pistol might be yet better).
B
Old 02-13-2013, 9:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Hate to break it to you but 45acp in semi auto rifle form dissent have much recoil to begin with. Try a USC as an example
Old 02-25-2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubine View Post
You could wait for the K10 which will come in 9mm, .40, and .45acp. Kriss Vector has known issues with shooting reloads and also for the bolt locking back. Its meant for full auto use, shooting it semi-auto is kinda like trying to drive a top fuel dragster through city streets, wasn't meant to do that.
I have owned 3 of these guns and you void the warranty with reloads. So not sure you would even say that. With current generation you do not have the bolt locking back. None of mine ever did.

I would own a free state version or something else. California is so messed up that a California version would never be on my list.

Sig Sauer
HK
Elcan
Steiner
Old 02-25-2013, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
How are you stocked with ammo? $1,700.00 buys a lot of ammo which may soon become much more precious than a new toy like a Kriss. Just my .02 worth. If you have 20-30k rounds stocked, go for it but if you are not well stocked, cases of ammo make a great BDay gift and are currently the new gold. What good is a new gun if you don't have enough ammo stockpiled for it to shoot it for a few years?

Better yet, a Dillon 550B setup and a lot of supplies (there are some out there, but you have to really scrounge and pounce on them) would be my candidate over a neutered machine gun carbine.
Not true out of state. Currently I went to 3 gun shops and all have readily available ammunition and by the thousands of rounds in 45 ACP, 12 gauge, 223/5.56 and 7.62x39... I picked up Armor Piercing, Dragons Breath, and Flechette, and 223 ammo, etc..I just walked in and there were maybe 1 or 2 people ahead of me for other items but just grabbed about 10 boxes and out I went.

Sig Sauer
HK
Elcan
Steiner
Old 02-25-2013, 7:01 PM

I have a Kriss. It's a cool weapon, but I wouldn't pay full price for one. I traded an AR that I paid $650 for, about 8 mags, and 1000 rounds of ammo (mostly Tula) for mine. It definitely looks cool, ands its fun to shoot, but there are better ways to spend $1700.