Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-20-2013, 9:37 PM

Default Silly question about Gun Registration

This may be a silly and/or stupid question. Everywhere you listen today there is talk of the need for a "gun registration" program of this or that type. And gun owners seem to be seething at the idea. But every gun I've bought the last 20 or more years- and there have been many- I've filled out at least one form (if not more) that was specifically earmarked for Big Brother (or little Bro Cali). So for every pistol/rifle I own, somewhere there is documentation in the hands of .gov of that fact. I'm just curious then as to why my fellow gun owners are coming unhinged at the possibility of yet another registration? Just asking.
Old 02-20-2013, 9:46 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Do you see any value in registration?

I don't. Why do something with no value?

That mistakes have already been made is not a reason to expand the world of mistakes.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-23-2013, 9:32 AM

Default Gun Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Do you see any value in registration?

I don't. Why do something with no value?

That mistakes have already been made is not a reason to expand the world of mistakes.

Of course there is no value in registration, but since when does "value" by "government action" ever produce anything meaningful or do what it's intended to do.
End results are meaningless to politicians; they merely want the limelight/glory that goes along with the initiation of a movement. After that they move on to the "next" liberty stealing/Constitution shredding activity they hope will put them back into the spotlight. And the cycle then continues. The MESS they leave then becomes trickle down enforcement- which is somebody else's problem after all.
The current "go-after-guns" fad will look like a picnic in the park when the full throttle of Obamacare kicks in.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Barbarian View Post
This may be a silly and/or stupid question. Everywhere you listen today there is talk of the need for a "gun registration" program of this or that type. And gun owners seem to be seething at the idea. But every gun I've bought the last 20 or more years- and there have been many- I've filled out at least one form (if not more) that was specifically earmarked for Big Brother (or little Bro Cali). So for every pistol/rifle I own, somewhere there is documentation in the hands of .gov of that fact. I'm just curious then as to why my fellow gun owners are coming unhinged at the possibility of yet another registration? Just asking.
Here's one way to look at the matter:

If its registered,you can tax it.If you can tax it, you can find it.If you can find it, you can ban it.

Nations like England and Australia stand as real life examples of this motto.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM

We all need to adopt and DEMAND a Zero Tolerance Policy with regard to gun registration.

All one needs to do is review history . . . over 200 Million Murdered (in just the 20th Century) by their own governments . . . How? . . . First they Registered the guns, then they confiscated the guns . . . then the Murder began.

Has happened OVER and OVER and OVER and . . .

See the Movie Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmKT43j4Tc
--Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by SonoftheRepublic; 02-23-2013 at 10:48 AM..