Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-23-2013, 7:49 AM

Default Response from Mcnerney

A Contra Costa County rep. A bit more neutral than DiFi. Anyone else get anything different?
February 22, 2013
Dear...,
Thank you for contacting me to share your perspective on gun control. I appreciate learning your views, and I welcome your input. For years, supporters of gun rights have opposed the actions of gun control advocates, and vice versa. Individuals on both sides of the issue have laid claim to interpreting the Second Amendment to the Constitution. A byproduct of heartbreaking events such as the tragedies in Newtown, Connecticut, Aurora, Colorado, and the shooting at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin haverenewed a focus on firearm issues and the need to ensure public safety. We need a commonsense approach that keeps guns out of the wrong hands, especially military-grade assault weapons. I am deeply concerned by how easy it is for criminals to get their hands on a gun. We can, and must, crack down on illegal gun sales by ensuring that gun sellers strictly adhere to current regulations. I will keep your perspective in mind as legislative proposals on this issue are introduced. Thank you again for expressing your views. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance. To learn about other issues I am working on in Congress, I encourage you to visit my website at www.mcnerney.house.gov. Sincerely,

Jerry McNerney Member of Congress Please do not reply to this message as the mailbox isunattended.