Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-22-2013, 8:00 AM

Default KTVU Special Report on guns coming from Nevada

Video at link: http://bcove.me/tymkzplk

Unless I'm getting this wrong it shows a San Francisco DA investigator stating he "believes" Reno is a major source of illegal guns into CA just because it is the closest city to the Bay Area.

The reporter then goes to a Reno gun show and interviews some people exiting carrying AR type rifles (those people are awesome). Then he pretends to want to buy an AR in the parking lot, gets lied to then gets corrected by a stranger who rightfully said he was being lied to.

Then he secretly films inside the gun show and fails to get anyone to sell him a gun illegally.

The conclusion is look at the CA license plates in the parking lot, they must be there to buy illegal guns (not cheap ammo, etc) SOMETHING must be done on the "Federal level" to stop this thing that he couldn't show is happening.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:25 AM

I'm disappointed in the police lieutenant, former Marine too...you cannot argue with a "I believe...or I feel" statement, all he had to do was break out some stats to "prove" what he was saying was true and instead he uses an emotional argument.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:40 AM

Last month the San Francisco Chronicle had an article about about a reporters experience with the "gun show loophole" at the Las Vegas Gunshow.

Quote:
"In an attempt to gauge how frequently private sellers checked for identification at the Las Vegas Gun Show, a Chronicle reporter approached five sellers to ask about buying a tactical rifle such as an AR-15, which is outlawed in California as an assault weapon. In each case, the seller was told he was dealing with a California resident who was hoping to buy the weapon for cash. Of the five, one asked to see proof of Nevada residency before the sales discussion progressed, while four never asked."
I remember a report from last year about several individuals getting arrested on highway 80 after returning to California form a Reno gun show with "high capacity" magazines

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article...#ixzz2Iil9Kv6x
Old 02-22-2013, 8:52 AM

they never mentioned anything about the number of guns.

They kept showing a pawn store in their video. I've been there before and asked them if they sell to California. They said, if you have a California ID, they will not sell guns to you.
I went last may, they had like 50+ black rifles.
Old 02-22-2013, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
The conclusion is look at the CA license plates in the parking lot, they must be there to buy illegal guns (not cheap ammo, etc) SOMETHING must be done on the "Federal level" to stop this thing that he couldn't show is happening.
This isn't accurate. The reporter says the CA residents are there to "check out" the weapons. The reporter only mentions the push at the Federal level for universal background checks. It was the SF Lt making claims.
Glock 33 357SIG - Sig Sauer P250SC .40/357SIG
Glock 27 .40
Glock 20 - Glock 29SF 10mm
Desert Eagle MkVII .44
Sig Sauer P220 - Sig Sauer P227R - Sig Sauer 1911R - Glock 30SF - Springfield Armory 1911 Mil Spec .45
Old 02-22-2013, 1:18 PM
In Memoriam

There was not much correct about that news blurb, which was shown several times.