Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Calguns Foundation (CGF)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 6:19 PM

Donation sent. Plan to on a regular basis. Thanks for all you do for CA gun owners!
Old 01-26-2013, 6:38 PM

Donation sent!

Calguns Community Chapters (C3) - San Diego
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenewgun87 View Post
Bro, do you even operate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlink View Post
If you suck with irons you will suck with optics. The difference is the aimpoint will allow you to suck faster and a scope will give you a closer look at how much you suck.
Old 01-27-2013, 2:26 PM

Donation sent!

Thanks for all that you do and provide!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 AM
CGN Contributor

pay pall sent
thank you for all you guys do.
Old 01-28-2013, 2:34 PM

I just sent in a donation through Easy Match so my company will match it! If your company matches charitable donations, be sure to do it this way so you take advantage of this free money!
Old 01-29-2013, 6:13 PM

Time to look into easy match. Although it might get me blacklisted.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM

just donated. it was a small donation but it's all I can afford right now.
Old 02-01-2013, 9:52 PM

Donation sent!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 PM

I'm almost certain I donated via PayPal, however I have NOT received any kind of confirmation in the form of a PM, saying thanks, or a confirmation email saying the same thing.

Who do we contact about this?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite View Post
I'm almost certain I donated via PayPal, however I have NOT received any kind of confirmation in the form of a PM, saying thanks, or a confirmation email saying the same thing.

Who do we contact about this?
Do you want confirmation for taxes? I would use your pp records for that. Getting thank you notes out has been spotty but your funds are being put to good use.
Old 02-05-2013, 2:16 PM

I gave.
Old 02-05-2013, 6:40 PM

Donated $250 a week or so ago directly to CGF. Donated a couple hundred more to CGF/SAF/et al via Firearm Policy Coalition. I love what you guys have done here.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
Do you want confirmation for taxes? I would use your pp records for that. Getting thank you notes out has been spotty but your funds are being put to good use.
Professional response from organizations that we donate to is not much to ask for. Hypothetically, if an organization is not structured and fails to have even a simple system to return either a confirmation or thank you for a donation, then one should wonder if that same organization has the organizational wherewithal to be effective in it's goals and possibly how it uses it's funds.

I am currently finding this with the NRA, I have tried to contact local NRA contacts that offer an email for such contact, and after a month and a half, I have yet to receive a reply. Further I have directly talked via phone to one NRA official and sent that person 3 emails and have yet to receive a reply. I want to get involved, volunteer to help out, and so far on a local level they are so disorganized they would have a difficult time getting 5 people to a free breakfast.

Honestly pumping money into organizations without grassroots efforts are not a solution to the ever growing problems 2A citizens face.

On a side note, I have no programing skills or training, I have setup several websites with forums, and either bought or created scripts to handle donations and thank yous, it was NOT hard. I would guess, there are CG members who are web developers that can easily help get this accomplished.

Further, this website has started to really get SLOOOWWW, bandwidth and server capacity seems to be an issue, is some of the donations being used to address that?

Note: I'm not trying to knock Calguns, who has served this community for a long time with many positive results safeguarding our rights and helping its members. The same holds true for the NRA. However the battle has escalated to an all-out war, like the revolutionary war, early battle like Concord were fought with militia, not very well trained, not discipline, or very experienced, the war took a army, trained and disciplined to win the war. We need recruitment, training, organization, and commitment, from 2A citizens at all levels to win this fight.

Last edited by walterwhite; 02-06-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 1:14 PM

yup - I'll pretty much agree with all that, obviously from many comments on the thank yous it has been a sore point for quite some time for a lot of people.

CGF donations and CGN donations aren't the same thing, just remember when directing your questions. I don't have any real insight into fixes for slowdown issues other than that I know they have been tweaking the db.

Quote:
Professional response from organizations that we donate to is not much to ask for. Hypothetically, if an organization is not structured and fails to have even a simple system to return either a confirmation or thank you for a donation, then one should wonder if that same organization has the organizational wherewithal to be effective in it's goals and possibly how it uses it's funds.

I am currently finding this with the NRA, I have tried to contact local NRA contacts that offer an email for such contact, and after a month and a half, I have yet to receive a reply. Further I have directly talked via phone to one NRA official and sent that person 3 emails and have yet to receive a reply. I want to get involved, volunteer to help out, and so far on a local level they are so disorganized they would have a difficult time getting 5 people to a free breakfast.

Honestly pumping money into organizations without grassroots efforts are not a solution to the ever growing problems 2A citizens face.

On a side note, I have no programing skills or training, I have setup several websites with forums, and either bought or created scripts to handle donations and thank yous, it was NOT hard. I would guess, there are CG members who are web developers that can easily help get this accomplished.

Further, this website has started to really get SLOOOWWW, bandwidth and server capacity seems to be an issue, is some of the donations being used to address that?

Note: I'm not trying to knock Calguns, who has served this community for a long time with many positive results safeguarding our rights and helping its members. The same holds true for the NRA. However the battle has escalated to an all-out war, like the revolutionary war, early battle like Concord were fought with militia, not very well trained, not discipline, or very experienced, the war took a army, trained and disciplined to win the war. We need recruitment, training, organization, and commitment, from 2A citizens at all levels to win this fight.
Old 02-06-2013, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post

CGF donations and CGN donations aren't the same thing, just remember when directing your questions.
I would like to know which I did a Paypal donation to as well. I can't rem which link I started at. It was a couple of days later when going through emails that I thought it strange not receiving any confirmation. Getting older I easily forget little things easily.
Old 02-06-2013, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Did they fix the recurring donation system? It used to be you could donate on a certain day, every two weeks. And so I set it up to always make a donation on payday, every two weeks. Then they messed it up so it comes out on some other cycle and I would never be sure if there would be sufficient funds on that given day... after a couple of surprise overdrafts, we had to stop it. Hope this is fixed now so we can rejoin - anyone?
Old 02-06-2013, 4:41 PM

Quote:
I would like to know which I did a Paypal donation to as well. I can't rem which link I started at. It was a couple of days later when going through emails that I thought it strange not receiving any confirmation. Getting older I easily forget little things easily.
Check your paypal records, I have no idea.
Old 02-07-2013, 9:58 PM

Donation sent. I got a conf email.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Did they fix the recurring donation system? It used to be you could donate on a certain day, every two weeks. And so I set it up to always make a donation on payday, every two weeks. Then they messed it up so it comes out on some other cycle and I would never be sure if there would be sufficient funds on that given day... after a couple of surprise overdrafts, we had to stop it. Hope this is fixed now so we can rejoin - anyone?
We're building a new site with new payment processing. FPC bumped its rollout but we're hoping +/- 4-6 weeks to launch.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We're building a new site with new payment processing. FPC bumped its rollout but we're hoping +/- 4-6 weeks to launch.

-Brandon
Thanks! Great news and we can't wait to get back on the band wagon.
Old 02-08-2013, 6:21 PM

Donation sent this a.m. This **** is going to kill me. Picked up my new (first time ever) blood pressure meds today.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:26 PM

Ok.

My donation budget is shrinking fast. Though Im not an NRA member yet, I donated some serious loot.

I have a couple hundred left.
Who or what is the best entity to donate to help California against these new proposals?

Please be honest. I want my money to go as far as possible. Im not rich and I feel this is a serious investment in OUR freedom.

Ive heard 3 entities.
Calguns
NRA
CRPA

Peace by peace. Or peace by piece.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:38 PM

Just did another Sunshine Initiative.

More to come
Old 02-08-2013, 7:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thank you for your support. I'd encourage you to join NRA through Tom Gresham's Gun Talk (he donates his $10 commission directly to Second Amendment Foundation, so an easy 2-fer) and consider supporting the orgs in the trenches at http://firearmspolicy.org/join.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes USA View Post
Ok.

My donation budget is shrinking fast. Though Im not an NRA member yet, I donated some serious loot.

I have a couple hundred left.
Who or what is the best entity to donate to help California against these new proposals?

Please be honest. I want my money to go as far as possible. Im not rich and I feel this is a serious investment in OUR freedom.

Ive heard 3 entities.
Calguns
NRA
CRPA

Peace by peace. Or peace by piece.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxTrot87 View Post
Just did another Sunshine Initiative.

More to come
That is some what inactive,
Old 02-08-2013, 8:02 PM

Reason why I havent joined the NRA but donated is because I think the NRA really dropped the ball recently. Ive felt it was to much on the emotional defensive tip like the anti gunners were emotional being against guns when the shooting happened.
I felt the NRA didnt really show remorse towards the recent shootings. Lack of feeling.
I also felt the NRA lacked on good defensive points. Ive read better defensive points from Cal-gunners.

Again I ask. For CALIFORNIA defense. Where should my money go? NRA is more national.
Of all these California entities. Where will my money travel further.

Thanks again Wildhawker.

Quote:
Thank you for your support. I'd encourage you to join NRA through Tom Gresham's Gun Talk (he donates his $10 commission directly to Second Amendment Foundation, so an easy 2-fer) and consider supporting the orgs in the trenches at http://firearmspolicy.org/join.

-Brandon
Old 02-08-2013, 8:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
No, we've just been a bit busy to communicate as much as we used to be able to.

-Brandon

Old 02-08-2013, 8:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Full disclosure first: I work for SAF, CCRKBA, and CGF. I serve on the CRPA, CGF, and Cal-FFL boards, and I am the [unpaid] president of Cal-FFL.

That said, CGF has an incredible amount of lawsuits and projects running. We have 2 more lawsuits coming very soon.

As the managing director of FPC, I speak with a lot of state organizations. To CGF's credit, I've never heard any of them not acknowledge how much product comes out of such a small budget. Even my colleagues at SAF think CGF's record speaks for itself. SAF is also an organization partially funding some of the major California cases, like our Richards v. Prieto carry case and Pena v. Cid Roster case.

On the industry side, Cal-FFL has a lot of work ahead of it to fight new zoning laws and local hoops, and try to keep our FFLs healthy - they're key to the overall gun ecosystem.

There's no shortage of expensive work to do this year; contrasted against the NRA's $250Mil/year budget, the rest of us are operating on six figures or less.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes USA View Post
Reason why I havent joined the NRA but donated is because I think the NRA really dropped the ball recently. Ive felt it was to much on the emotional defensive tip like the anti gunners were emotional being against guns when the shooting happened.
I felt the NRA didnt really show remorse towards the recent shootings. Lack of feeling.
I also felt the NRA lacked on good defensive points. Ive read better defensive points from Cal-gunners.

Again I ask. For CALIFORNIA defense. Where should my money go? NRA is more national.
Of all these California entities. Where will my money travel further.

Thanks again Wildhawker.

Old 02-08-2013, 8:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, we've just been a bit busy to communicate as much as we used to be able to.

-Brandon
Thanks for letting me know. There are volunteers waiting in the wings to help push it forward though.

Like when i challenged my Sheriff during my LTC experience, asked questions from CGF but got no help.
Old 02-08-2013, 8:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

"Forward" is not always the direction you're facing.

What question on the law did you have that wasn't answered in this? http://www.scribd.com/doc/106511655/...CCW-Guide-v1-1

-Brandon

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. There are volunteers waiting in the wings to help push it forward though.

Like when i challenged my Sheriff during my LTC experience, asked questions from CGF but got no help.

Old 02-08-2013, 9:20 PM

Quote:
They're sticking it to Sandra...

I'm happy.

http://michellawyers.com/mckay-v-sheriff-hutchens/
Old 02-08-2013, 9:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxTrot87 View Post
They're sticking it to Sandra...

I'm happy.

http://michellawyers.com/mckay-v-sheriff-hutchens/
The McKay OC case, which we're still not sure the point of filing (it's not going to 'do' anything that the 3 bear cases at CA9, and likely Kachalsky, won't settle and dispose of) was run by CRPA Foundation.

-Brandon

Old 02-08-2013, 9:48 PM

My hopes are that Brandon and James of the CRPA hear the bell.
Old 02-09-2013, 8:02 AM

Just sent 50 bucks. Wish I could afford much more but I hope every little bit counts.
Old 02-09-2013, 2:55 PM

Just set up recurring, win the fight!
Old 02-14-2013, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Just send $100. Thank you for the fight!!

Bring a truck, preferably 4WD, firearms, lots of ammo... and curl the brim of your baseball cap!

We'll shoot at flat-hatters and gang bangers!
Old 02-16-2013, 4:41 PM

I made a one time donation last year, now I would like to set up a recurring donation, but there isn't really much info on the specifics on the donation form. Such as how often it is taken out and will I be emailed each time a donation is taken out?
Old 02-18-2013, 1:04 PM

Just set up a monthly donation. Will encourage friends to get involved also.

NRA Life Member: Patron
Calguns Supporter
Firearms Policy Coalition Supporter
Old 02-24-2013, 8:27 AM
Tactical Mall Ninja

Donated to CGF just now. How would I donate/contribute to CGN?
Old 02-24-2013, 8:40 AM
Better be Ready!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksmart View Post
Donated to CGF just now. How would I donate/contribute to CGN?
There may be other ways to get to it but go to
User control panel>Paid subscriptions

Or try this http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/payments.php

Note: this would be for contributing to the forums calguns.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm75 View Post
And for the record, the NY Daily News is a major newspaper here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm75 View Post
Because your head is in the sand. Look up the facts. They are out there.