Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 11-04-2012, 1:25 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

YungGunn, i'd like to personally welcome you to the Ladies Forum. i see that you've been a member of calguns since June 2010 and have six posts. i'd encourage you to read california law re gun transport because [as Bugguts has pointed out] there are varying factors that may apply in particular circumstances.

i'd also encourage you to read the rules for this particular area. this website and this forum were started and are owned by Mr K. he set the rules for this forum. language and attitude common place in OT is not tolerated here. just a heads up.......

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 11-04-2012, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
Never, ever doubt your spidey-sense. Ever.
^^^ This. I've been in a few situations myself where my spidey-sense told me I needed to get myself out of trouble.
Old 11-04-2012, 1:51 PM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGunn View Post
Do you live in CA? Its a great story but you go to jail if you have a firearm in your car in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
You might want to correct that since that is not true and can depend on many different factors including having a carry permit which she stated that she does.
+100

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
YungGunn, i'd like to personally welcome you to the Ladies Forum. i see that you've been a member of calguns since June 2010 and have six posts. i'd encourage you to read california law re gun transport because [as Bugguts has pointed out] there are varying factors that may apply in particular circumstances.

i'd also encourage you to read the rules for this particular area. this website and this forum were started and are owned by Mr K. he set the rules for this forum. language and attitude common place in OT is not tolerated here. just a heads up.......

Yep.

Old 11-04-2012, 1:52 PM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I had my wife read your story MrsKitty. Well done and very smart, most people might just jump out and fall into a potential trap, your quick smarts served you well.

Old 11-04-2012, 1:52 PM

That is a great story and it happens all the time. The old "rear-end collision" routine happens more than people would think. Good for you, being ready to defend yourself MissKitty. Keeping your window up enough so he cannot reach in was very smmart. This is an example of why I support open carry. There would be a lot less innocent victims if veryone was carrying.

The only gripe I have is, you were too polite This goes especially for women; Never hesitate to be a complete a--hole if you feel you are about to be victimized in some way. You don't have to call the jerk names, but there is nothing wrong with yelling at him like you mean business and yelling "GET F--- AWAY FROM ME RIGHT NOW!" followed by, "DON'T YOU LISTEN? I SAID GET THE H3LL AWAY FROM ME! GO WAIT IN YOUR CAR....I ALREADY CALLED THE POLICE!" You would be amazed at what effect that has on some folks. First they may be shocked at your aggressive demeanor, but also they may feel it is not worth the hassle. It doesn't always work, but it often does.

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013
Old 11-04-2012, 2:31 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

you are right that most women are too polite: i've never been accused of that.

one night the spidey-sense went off on my way into a drinking establishment. i told someone who approached me to back off and get the F away from me. the person didn't and stated he just want to get to know me better. my response: "if you were smart you'd get the F away from me right now because you don't know me well enough to know what i might or might not do" said in a very clear, loud, determined, and pissed off voice......dude backed off but wouldn't turn his back to me......i think i scared him! it helped that i was already in a bad mood!

the "leave me the F alone" attitude has come in handy on more than one occasion.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 11-05-2012, 8:10 AM

I only asked one question to the person who wrote the story. It didnt say anything about her having a ccw permit in that story. If i didnt ask you a question i dont need a response, thanks.
Old 11-05-2012, 8:41 AM

Quote:
I only asked one question to the person who wrote the story. It didnt say anything about her having a ccw permit in that story. If i didnt ask you a question i dont need a response, thanks.
You need to read better. "I tell her that I do have a permit and I already have the gun out. She tells me to not to hesitate to protect myself.'

She did say that she had a permit and with a permit, it is completely legal to have a firearm in your car. You made an incorrect statement based on poor reading comprehension.
Old 11-05-2012, 9:09 AM

I think I see a

Don't get pulled into the sucking vortex.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 11-05-2012, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
I think I see a

Don't get pulled into the sucking vortex.
LOL! I know, I should have thought better of it, it's just that my older son is not here for me to pick on so I have to look for others to take out my bitterness and evil on...
Old 11-05-2012, 9:55 AM

You can pick on me bug!!!! I can take it!!!!

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Words to live by... literally
take care
Mike
""When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957"
Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You posted your FUD statement on a forum in which it is going to be read and especially when you pass around moronic misinformation on topics you clearly don't have much experience/knowledge of, you are going to be called out. Instead of trying to show how strong your cyber wee wee is, how about next time before taking the time to post something, try knowing what you are talking about.

Old 11-05-2012, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Yes and I still get madder than hell when I think of what this guy almost made me do...
Yes, but you're still around and that's what's important. BTW, welcome to CalGuns!
Old 11-05-2012, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
^^^ This. I've been in a few situations myself where my spidey-sense told me I needed to get myself out of trouble.
Is everyone from GT coming on over to CalGuns? Hello.
Old 02-12-2013, 1:42 PM

Sounds like you did a great job to me. I wished I could get a concealed permit, but living in San Diego its just not possible. Makes me think twice before parking in certain areas. I have pepper spray but would feel much safer with a gun. This totally scares me because I don't think I would have been as smart as you, by not getting out of the car. I can tell you I won't ever get out of the car if that happens. So thank you for posting this.
Old 02-12-2013, 2:03 PM

Just the fact that he took off as soon as he knew the police were on their way tells you this guy was up to no good. Most people would just sit in their car until the police arrived should you refuse to get out.

I feel this was definitely a good outcome and reaction by Mrs. Kitty. If you feel threatened by someone, keep yourself safe. Its as simple as that. Safety is always priority number one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM

You did an awesome job with handling yourself against possible carjackers or worse...I wish I could have a carry permit, however shot guns could be a bit bulky in a car...lol...

*So many posts!! Mrs Kitty, this happened in Sacramento?
Old 11-03-2013, 1:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Do you live in CA? Its a great story but you go to jail if you have a firearm in your car in CA.
You are talking out the wrong end of your GI tract.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 11-03-2013, 5:41 AM
Banned

Anyone who takes off after you tell him twice the police are on their way is guilty of more than just running a red light on accident. And if you had to dump the guy, dispatch already gave you the green light, you are gold! Again, the 1st best thing you did was to call 911.

I tell her that I do have a permit and I already have the gun out. She tells me to not to hesitate to protect myself.
Old 03-04-2014, 9:46 AM

Default good story

Good share for other ladies!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldraque View Post
i feel like this lady overreacted a little? seems to me like a normal car accident where youd be expected to pull over, get out, and exchange information/assess the damage. not sit in your car and threaten people with guns and the police.

Then again im a tall guy and so am not usually threatened by the average dancing doofus

"Any SIG is a good SIG. And the only thing I like better than owning one is owning two"
No way.

Most of us have an inner alarm bell that goes off when something just isn't right. That's something that is hard to convey in a post... that gut feeling, that nagging intuition, that primal fear that comes not from being a worry wart, but from your Guardian Angel screaming to try to get your attention.

Really, he ran through a red light to flee the scene of an accident? Maybe he was just drunk or high (possibly contributing to the fender-bender). Why is he on the phone? Why is he insisting on getting her out of the car? Why did he panic when she mentioned the police? It sounds like an abduction scheme to me. Not just a goober who is fidgety. Something seriously bad and wrong was about to go down, and this woman faced it squarely and countered it head on with level-headed thinking and intestinal fortitude.

There have been times when an inner bell has gone off for me saying "Go, NOW!" - that bell is invariably right. Trust your gut. It is nature's gift to us, handed down via all those ancestors who trusted it and lived to reproduce as a result. It's there for a reason.
Old 06-18-2014, 9:08 PM

Default Almost Carjacked - by MrsKitty

usually when people get in a car accident it is accustom for the parties to check on each other's well being then exchange information. This usually involves getting out of the car/ the other person approaching and interacting with you....you know? like a normal human being.

With the obvious being said..I can't in all honesty say you did anything wrong. I have 3 sisters and I'm a big brother.

however, my guess is that he was not trying to car jack you and rather had something to hide from cops. This probably explains why he wanted to get the formalities taken care of with haste and bugged out when he heard cops were coming.

Glad you are safe op.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by calibased; 06-18-2014 at 9:11 PM..
Old 07-25-2014, 4:41 PM

Wink

I think you acted correctly for that situation. Alwayd better to be safe than sorry later. You remained calm and didn't lose your head! A lot of people in that same situation would have over reacted and bad things would of happened. Me and my GF are LE and carry off duty. We have been in a situation where she has overreacted and it was a good thing she decided not to pull her weapon because it would not of been justified.

Glad to here that your safe and things worked out. Too bad they didn't catch the POS now they will find another victim that I'm sure won't be paying attention what we call condition white! Always stay in condition yellow (ready)!
Old 07-26-2014, 1:44 PM
Calguns Addict

yeah; he was up to something for sure.

I had similar stuff a couple times where 'salesmen' would really really want to come in my house. and it was really obvious like they're trying to look over me and around me... into the house to see what I had. In one of the two times there were even two of them... But I had a strong iron bar gate between them and the entry... and a 9 in the back of my waistband...
Old 07-28-2014, 12:19 PM

This thread, about women keeping themselves safe in a car, has been around for a while, but I finally have something to add.

I think everyone knows that Walmart parking lots are particularly dangerous (sorry Walmart, but it's true. Target too, in my experience). Two different times, this summer, I have been in Walmart parking lots and had to run off possible trouble.

In one case, I was getting out of the car, in the other I was loading groceries into the trunk. Both times, an older guy, looking maybe homeless, started to approach me with Windex and squeegee. I say, "No thanks, not interested". He keeps coming. I yell "Get away from me, I'm not interested". Now he's about 20 feet away, and still coming. I go on full alert, posture very aggressive, hand on you-know-what in my handbag. And then I screamed "Get the F*** away from me RIGHT NOW". You should have seen him flinch! He started backing away, saying "sorry, sorry lady". And I quickly got in the car, locked the doors and drove away.

Conclusions:
  • Now, maybe he really wanted to earn a buck washing my windows. But maybe not.

• Maybe he kept coming because he didn't hear me or maybe not.

• But truly, when I went into full defensive mode, screaming at the top of my lungs, aggressive stance, ready to rock, if you know what I mean, he got the message loud and clear. And backed down.

• I know I was really weak in situational awareness until I started posting here. But I'm getting better. Still working on it.

• I'm not going to win in any hand-to-hand situation. I know that, without doubt. So I have to be armed and ready before they can grab me, or better still, far, far away.

• I've always believed that walking around looking like I was "hell on wheels, more trouble than I was worth" is a good policy. I still do. These people are looking for easy targets, not someone who's obviously going to fight back. So look like you are definitely going to fight back, and that you're going to be loud and a lot of trouble. Now that I'm getting older, I have to work at this extra hard.

• Don't be afraid to make a scene. Make a BIG scene. All kinds of people were watching me face these jerks down. So make that scene if you have to.

This whole thing scared me enough that my situational awareness is WAY better. It's a risky way to improve your SA, but it's working for me. And the more SA, the better.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 07-28-2014 at 12:33 PM..