Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

to the OP.....so when you say nothing happened do you define "nothing" as:

Overturning of DC and Chicago gun bans
Overturning of Chicago shooting range ban
Overturning of Illinois carry ban

.....just to name some of the biggies off the top of my head.

No....a centuries worth of gun control wasn't overturned over night, but the hammer is definitely getting bigger!

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Squid View Post
No I'm not trolling, just expressing my frustration over the deceit and and false hope given out when those court decisions came down and you all here acted like we'd been freed from slavery or something. Lots of you stated that this decision or that decision was going to set the stage to challenge the gun rights we don't have, like CCW the most important one for example, yet not a God Damn thing has been done. We sit here twiddling our thumbs and next thing I know 4-5 years have wasted by. As I watch all the proposed legislation these days to take away more guns and more features, you all are powerless to stop it.
If yoy want a LTC then move to an area where you can it easiliy, well that as easily as it can be here in CA.
Stanislaus county is a shall issue county. The permit process takes about a year. Sacromento is the same and so is Oakland. You may be able to get one easier in less populated areas like Needles or some areas out in the sticks in San Bern county. If you are in a populated area like LA, SD, or SF good luck buddy. This is a liberial state that cares more about giving and illegal a full ride at harvard than it does about maintaining your rights as an american.
Old 01-24-2013, 1:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wild Squid,

I understand and believe me I know. Of course you're frustrated, there are literally millions (and I'm one of them) that are.

You seem like you're in a bad place because you, "believed" in others. Did you participate or answer the call when Calguns and others asked for volunteers? Or did you just run with the hope others pushed out, claiming victory along the way?

Do you fight because it is right, or because you want yours? I see tons of posts about people, "happy" because they've got theirs (hi-caps, RAWs, CCWs, etc) before the new bans...that kind of satisfaction has to end. News is that it is a never ending fight that will have its ups and downs. If you took a seat and rested, that was your choice. Don't blame others because circumstances creeped up on us, this is real life.

Have you taught others about their rights so that when nutty New York laws came up that people said, "Not here"? Have you worked with others and voted so you have a Sheriff that openly defies the new Executive Orders? You are not powerless...unless you give up.

Did you honestly think that hanging out on this board believing in a happy ending would make it happen? People here have organized, donated and toil...with or without your recognition, fighting for rights (everybody's rights). These people do it win or lose in the hope that we have a better tomorrow. That is our burden as Americans. We have a responsibility to ourselves, the world and the future.

I sincerely hope you participate more, "in this animated discussion of Liberty", and can feel good about doing what is right versus just being right.

-Pete
Commerce without morality
Science without humanity
Worship without sacrifice
Politics without principle
- Ghandi, Mohandas (The Blunders of the World)
Rights without responsibilities
- Ghandi, Arun
Old 01-24-2013, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

A bit alarmist, but definitely empathize with OP. I think back 10 years ago, I was full of optimism and loved this state even with it's onerous laws and regulation. Now, I have to make myself not consider the idea of just giving up my mortgage and job and relocating to escape this madness, because the alternatives aren't alternatives and my optimism is just about gone. 4 years ago we were all stoked with first Heller and then McDonald. Everything has gotten worse with much quibbling over the cause (much less the solutions). In retrospect, I wish SCOTUS had rules on Bear as well as Keep and been a bit more explicit instead of waiting for the follow ups. My euphoria with Heller's results died sometime in 2011, though I try to remind myself it takes time and to maintain patience.

Sandy Hook pretty much erased the perception of all the momentum we've had. Who would have seriously argued Barry would be putting his political capital on the line for an AWB? There are a few of us who said it all along, but most discounted it as a lesson learned on the '94 AWB and the leftist cheerleaders tried to show much of a friend he was (sort of like Moonbeam). Now even worse is on the table. If they meet in the middle, we can only hope for a sunset as part of the compromise. Who is willing to bet the House Republicans will stand firm against a "reasonable" approach like they have on the debt ceiling or taxes? Realistically the enemy is in the red zone...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14

Last edited by Uxi; 01-24-2013 at 2:37 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 1:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Uxi,

I do understand the OP, but don't agree.

Like you said, the "perception" of momentum has been changed. Truth is we still have the law and a few cases pending. NY was unavoidable...they were just looking for an excuse.

Point is that I'll be working my m********ing behind off talking to people about their rights, the illusion of "Gun Control" and their responsibilites as citizens.
To quote a Disney movie: "It serves me right for wishing on stars. The ONLY way to get what you want in this world is through hard work"
-Pete
Science without humanity
- Ghandi, Arun
Old 01-24-2013, 1:29 PM
Veteran Member

This guy does nothing on his own but sit behind a computer and critique others....classic!

Keep up the good work squid!
Old 01-24-2013, 2:37 PM

BHO and his crowd never let a crisis go to waste. The were just waiting for a Sandy Hook to happen because it's inevitable. Reason why they didn't show their hand when Gabby Giffords was shot is because it was before the election. Now, after the election they are pulling out all of the stops, and not just in gun grabbing. If BHO gets his way, in another 4 years you will not recognize this country to be the America you grew up in. Progressivism.
Old 01-24-2013, 2:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I see where the dude is coming from. I just wish they would do an outright ban so we can get this party started. They know better than that.
Old 01-24-2013, 2:47 PM
Calguns Addict

His jimmies sound rustled

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.
Old 01-24-2013, 3:00 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

To the OP, thank you for your diatribe. It enabled me to learn a new phrase today, "jimmy rustling."
Old 01-24-2013, 3:01 PM

wow troll much?

Quote: Originally Posted by Wild Squid
I have already read SB 610, and it has yet to be defined what the Standardization will be. Who says it was written for the law breakers? Alright, let's just wait and see who is right. This is getting ridiculous, ya'll are fighting the ignorant fight simply because you are brainwashed zombies. If I were you, I would keep on donating your hard earned money to CGF. And if you do succeed, it is a win win for me whether I am right or wrong. I can enjoy the liberties that ya'll have won for me for free!!! Wheeee!!!!

How about "Shut the F up or I'll show you uncivilized"

In an ideal world I would be charging out with my tactical AR with light attached and going trigger happy boom-boom-POW and giving them the business. But then I'd be serving 30 to life. CA wants us to be cowards. Say, when are all those lawsuits against the state to incoporate our 2nd A rights supposed to happen? We're Incorporated now right? Or was everyone just bullshatting?

I don't know how people actually go to Mexico driving around with their families. To the OP, you're lucky your wife wasn't raped, you pistol whipped, and your infant son sexually molested by them. Complain all you want, it won't make a difference. Just don't go to Mexico, especially with your family or good looking woman. All the men there have only one thing on their mind, and that is to take your money and rape your woman. If you really wanted to go there, I'd stay in one of those all inclusive resorts and don't go anywhere else, or just go down to TJ and buy their women, as that's all that shat hole country is good for.

There is no way in hell a civil war is going to break out anytime soon, so if you're counting on one to get a clean start or something you're gonna be disappointed. If you're thinking like that then this forum is seriously brainwashing you into thinking just because we have guns we can start something. If you wanna change the gun laws if all else fails, then protests and peaceful demonstrations is the way to go. If the black people could beat segregation in the 60's, we can beat 2A discrimination. It would take a hell of a lot of people though, like millions. To be honest, I don't even think the Mcdonald case is going to win our 2A rights back here in CA, even if ruled in our favor. CA is too deeply set in its anti gun ways, it would take massive protests and demonstrations to gather more public support to finally kick the monkey off our backs.

Give me a break, let's talk logic then. I remember a while back a psychopath killed 3 females in Yosemite who are out hiking. They had their heads chopped off and their bodies were raped before and after the heads came off. Now I'm not going to go into if they had a CCW or had a gun, but a person has a choice to protect themselves no matter how odd it may seem to ignorant sheep like you. So by your logic that there are not psychopaths in Yosemite you are wrong. Just because it a a gorgeous place does not mean there is no danger, it is exactly the kind of place someone who murders and rapes and beheads would go to do their dirty deed. So what will you tell us next? That we should stay away if we are afraid? Are you going to attack out manhood? Our male ego? What else? If we have to carry a gun that we are making up for lack of size elsewhere? Hmm? You forget we live in a country with freedom of choice, you choose how you want to live, and some of us choose to live on our own terms. While others choose to live by someone else's terms, which one are you?

Ban UOC my *****. I wouldn't concede one inch to anti gun movement. I want my CCW AND my right to UOC.
Old 01-24-2013, 3:05 PM

Hey mods, it's ok to ban people once in a while...
Old 01-24-2013, 3:16 PM

Hey OP! Dontcha know, "We're winning!"
Old 01-24-2013, 7:15 PM
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Couple years ago when the decisions were handed out for Heller, Nordyke, Mcdonald, everybody here was celebrating and speculating that we could start reclaiming more gun rights to match those of the rest of the country. Some of you met at steakhouses and celebrated with drinks and cigars. You all celebrated way too early. Turns out you were all fooling yourselves. Ain't nothin has changed and you're still scrambling like headless chickens don't know what to do. Those of you who donated all your money to the cause have wasted it. Try something different next time. Instead of reclaiming more gun rights we are set to lose just about everything. We've already lost open carry, which was huge, a really big deal if you didn't know already. Yet some of you idiots thought it was great because it would then open a loophole to sue for Shall Issue CCW? Where was Calguns fighting for that back then? Oh wait, they weren't. They were sitting on their asses telling everyone not to get in the game unless they "had some teeth in the game". Oh, and all you armchair lawyers? Keep it up buddy, keep drinking the coolaid that Calguns is feeding you. Keep donating your money to a worthless cause.
I for one, will just sit back and watch the massacre happen and laugh at you sorry suckers believing every word Calguns tells you and when more bans are handed down you can come back crying to Calguns.
Take some time and breathe; you are experience frustration that many are.

I don't know how anyone could be under such any illusions. As long as Hussein Obama is president we've always been on a brink of a 2a disaster in this country.

And, CA, duh! Look at the people in our state legislature. In the meantime, we have governor Moonbeam who has financed all his campaigns and political interests by anti-2a groups (SEIU and CTA being the largest), so you can guess which side of any legislation he'll fall on.

It's evident that there will be a constant uphill battle of draconian proportions for anyone that has any neurons firing in his brain.

And, IBTL, IBTB...
Old 01-24-2013, 7:42 PM
Banned

Unfortunately the OP is 100% correct on this one. If you don't see it then you did have too much of the Kool Aid.
Old 01-24-2013, 7:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyBean View Post
Unfortunately the OP is 100% correct on this one. If you don't see it then you did have too much of the Kool Aid.
Cool , bro.

Boycott Guns Fishing & Other Stuff in Vacaville!

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Member: NRA, CRPA, IDPA, Diablo Rod & Gun, Local 39
Old 01-24-2013, 7:56 PM
Veteran Member

Squid:

Tell us what YOU have done?

Tell us what YOUR solutions are?

Explain to us why our 2A rights haven't been restored yet? I mean, if this is all so easy, why haven't you implemented your ideas and gotten it done?

And geez man...don't you know...NEVER GO FULL RETARD!
Old 01-24-2013, 7:56 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus

It's like the Alex Jones of CGF critics. I call false flag.
Old 01-24-2013, 8:47 PM

All of you who are slamming my post are only doing so because you don't like what I have to say. That's ok, that's just natural reaction. But take some time to think about it. What part of what I've said is not true? So what we won Heller and Mcdonald? Those involved outright bans in one's home. Dang, any fresh faced 24yr old who just passed the Bar could have won those cases. Those were slam dunk cases as it involved a 100% ban. Nothing to do with the restrictions we face here. Didn't have anything to do with CCW although it would have been nice if that were part of the ruling as well. So, I ask you, what have we really won back? Nothing. You claim Calguns helped Sacramento get CCW? Bull*****. Sacramento elected the sheriff, CCW there wasn't won in the courts. You all post what you think is intelligible legal speak pretending to be lawyers and posting whatever fantasy talk you'd like to say to a Senator, what good does that do? Nothing. Not changing anyone's mind. It is a useless cause. So what have I done? Nothing. Except sat here and read all your propaganda for the last 5 years. And none of what ya'll said would come to fruition has.
Old 01-24-2013, 8:53 PM

Quote:
All of you who are slamming my post are only doing so because you don't like what I have to say. That's ok, that's just natural reaction. But take some time to think about it. What part of what I've said is not true? So what we won Heller and Mcdonald? Those involved outright bans in one's home. Dang, any fresh faced 24yr old who just passed the Bar could have won those cases. Those were slam dunk cases as it involved a 100% ban. Nothing to do with the restrictions we face here. Didn't have anything to do with CCW although it would have been nice if that were part of the ruling as well. So, I ask you, what have we really won back? Nothing. You claim Calguns helped Sacramento get CCW? Bull*****. Sacramento elected the sheriff, CCW there wasn't won in the courts. You all post what you think is intelligible legal speak pretending to be lawyers and posting whatever fantasy talk you'd like to say to a Senator, what good does that do? Nothing. Not changing anyone's mind. It is a useless cause. So what have I done? Nothing. Except sat here and read all your propaganda for the last 5 years. And none of what ya'll said would come to fruition has.
The biggest most absolutely HUGE thing that we won with Heller/McDonald was the declaration of the second amendment as a "Fundamental Right". This has very deep and specific meaning in Constitutional law. (I'll spare the lecture, but you can Google Fundamental Right)

Unfortunately, SCOTUS likes to rule very narrowly and it is unfortunate for us that Heller was an "in the home" case, because the anti's are trying to exploit this. The ruling held though that "bear" means something very specific (again, I'll spare the lecture, you need to read the case).

So, all in all Heller/McDonald forms a very strong base for us. That said, there's lots of work to do to get SCOTUS to take it one step further and clear up the facts for the circuit courts that don't seem to be able to read and understand english.

That's is what we "won".
Old 01-24-2013, 8:53 PM

Quote:
All of you who are slamming my post are only doing so because you don't like what I have to say. .

Maybe we didn't like the way you said it
Old 01-24-2013, 9:15 PM
Veteran Member

Oh wow,
IBTL....

~ Norman Vincent Peale
Old 01-24-2013, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi View Post
Lao Tzu once wrote that the journey of ten thousand miles begins with a single step.
I disagree. It begins with inserting the metal fitting into the buckle and tightening on the loose end of the strap.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 01-24-2013, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTarg3t View Post
wow troll much?
Congratulations, you know how to copy/paste.
Old 01-24-2013, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Couple years ago when the decisions were handed out for Heller, Nordyke, Mcdonald, everybody here was celebrating and speculating that we could start reclaiming more gun rights to match those of the rest of the country. Some of you met at steakhouses and celebrated with drinks and cigars. You all celebrated way too early. Turns out you were all fooling yourselves. Ain't nothin has changed and you're still scrambling like headless chickens don't know what to do. Those of you who donated all your money to the cause have wasted it. Try something different next time. Instead of reclaiming more gun rights we are set to lose just about everything. We've already lost open carry, which was huge, a really big deal if you didn't know already. Yet some of you idiots thought it was great because it would then open a loophole to sue for Shall Issue CCW? Where was Calguns fighting for that back then? Oh wait, they weren't. They were sitting on their asses telling everyone not to get in the game unless they "had some teeth in the game". Oh, and all you armchair lawyers? Keep it up buddy, keep drinking the coolaid that Calguns is feeding you. Keep donating your money to a worthless cause.
I for one, will just sit back and watch the massacre happen and laugh at you sorry suckers believing every word Calguns tells you and when more bans are handed down you can come back crying to Calguns.
Dude, relax. Breathe.
Old 01-24-2013, 9:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
All of you who are slamming my post are only doing so because you don't like what I have to say.
Your arrogance is astounding. We're slamming your post because a) your're wrong b) the obnoxious rude manner in which you say it c) because you haven't done a damn thing nor do you have any constructive ideas or solutions and d) because you're a troll

Quote:
So what we won Heller and Mcdonald? Those involved outright bans in one's home. Dang, any fresh faced 24yr old who just passed the Bar could have won those cases. Those were slam dunk cases as it involved a 100% ban.
Wow. Yea, any brand new attorney could have won a Supreme Court Case

And it isn't just about what you say. What you don't say is equally important. The stakes were monumentally high in these cases. And screwing them up could have caused irrepairable damage to the cause. This is not something that you want an inexperienced lawyer doing. Your arrogance is surpassed only by your ignorance.

Quote:
So what have I done? Nothing. Except sat here and read all your propaganda for the last 5 years. And none of what ya'll said would come to fruition has.
Yup...just as I thought. You've done nothing. You got no ideas. All you do is ***** and criticize. You Sir are exactly what is wrong with America today.

Why are you even here? Seriously, if Calguns sucks so bad why do you waste your time here? You'd probably be much happier elsewhere. And we sure wouldn't miss you.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
Yes, and those lectures were quite inspirational. Thanks.

AG...please keep me from going crazy!! The pizza box dude with the knee pads was bad enough...lol. I just don't understand some of the attitudes on this forum. My husband is a federal LEO. We have lots of friends who are LEOs or retired that belong to several ranges. For the first time EVER...in the whole time we have been married...my husband not only enjoyed an event like the rally, but he was all ready to do whatever it took to monetarily to support several ventures. My father-in-law as well...and that is big money. However, with all the negativity towards the rally last weekend, which won over many pro-gunners, he is now backpedaling. None of us will ever just sit on our butts, giving money, and just writing correspondence to legislature. That is not in our blood. A lot of us are prior military as well. Expect us to physically go out and show our support at rallies and conventions and in the halls of the political houses. I can tell you that we now have a minimum of 50 people who would like to donate to the cause...but only to the causes that support what they are willing to do in order to fight for our 2A rights. It is extremely disappointing to know that so many people were uplifted and encouraged to go out and fight the fight just to be crapped on by others. I know way too many political leaders in many states who will tell you that seeing people take the time to physically show up at events like last weekend says a lot more than just taking 2 minutes to fill out a form letter for email. You see what kind of politicians rely on form letters to respond. I truly hope that people will start supporting everyone in what they do...no matter what it is. And please remember, not everyone can afford to show their support financially. So things like rallies might be their only chance to show their 2A support. No matter what the venue, go out and support your basic right to self-defense!! No action is too small.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Dang, any fresh faced 24yr old who just passed the Bar could have won those cases.
Strategery was key. That, and most 24 year olds noobs can't get admitted to SCOTUS unless they've been practicing for at least 3 years. It's also a major pain to win even a "slam dunk" at the appellate level; Heller was not a slam dunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighere View Post
The biggest most absolutely HUGE thing that we won with Heller/McDonald was the declaration of the second amendment as a "Fundamental Right". This has very deep and specific meaning in Constitutional law.
unfortunate for us that Heller was an "in the home" case,
So, all in all Heller/McDonald forms a very strong base for us.
"In the home" was an intentional choice, made by someone who wasn't a 24 year old brand new lawyer. You also just explained why. The key was to get a ruling establishing strict-ish scrutiny in a case doesn't leave room for it to get Kachalsky'ed before the fundamental right gets established. Hence, the frequent citations to US v. Crackhead and US v. Bank Robber.

With the fundamental right established, other stuff is likely to fall because it can't meet scrutiny, such as the "unfettered discretion" for may-issue, or the hoards of irrational feel-good laws. Unfortunately, that takes many years -- people are still litigating porn (and now violent video games) after six decades of concerted effort on the 1A, and abortion restrictions 40 years (this week) after the infamous river crossing decision case, Roe v. Wade -- all of which provide a good foundation of law for us.

Yeah, California's response to McDonald was to ban UOC after the Starbucks f-nuts painted a bullseye on themselves. UOC is not what I would consider an acceptable form of carry anyway because unloaded isn't exactly ready in the case of confrontation, and the 1000' GFSZ crap all but guarantees you will be arrested and charged in any form of urban environment unless the NFL licenses their 1st down line technology to mark the edge of every GFSZ.

Heller: 6/26/2008
McDonald: 6/28/2010
Right to CCW or LOC: 2013?

It's been 30 months, and there are dozens of civil cases winding their way up, including a few with circuit court decisions published. Gun ranges, right to open a gun store, public carry/bear ... those are the steps being taken. We can't go too far too fast. See Overton Window. Now is not the time to take on select fire, but that may well be on the table in 20 years.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM

Wild Squid,
maybe you can't get a CCW because you're a jerk. Wheny ou appealed the dicision you talked to judge like he was a supid ahole. If you have been listeming to we have had to say for the last 5 years and have gotten no where, maybe it time for you to go listen to other people that will get you nowhere. ConcealedCarry has a forum. why don't you go over to that site and be a troll over there. Maybe you can go to www.trollz.com and see what kind of BS you can stir up over there.
You do not know how to represent yourself and to tell you the truth, I would not have give you a LTC permit either. You can do what so many other do already and justr carry becuase you feel like you have the right to carry. if you get stopped often by pole than maybe you can tell them your sorrows and leave us the hell alone.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizux View Post
Strategery was key. That, and most 24 year olds noobs can't get admitted to SCOTUS unless they've been practicing for at least 3 years. It's also a major pain to win even a "slam dunk" at the appellate level; Heller was not a slam dunk.
+1 to this. Heller is only a slam dunk if you go in with the established precedent that the Second Amendment protects a fundamental, individual right to own a firearm for self-defense. But wait, what Supreme Court case established that precedent? Oh, right. Heller. If Heller was such a slam dunk, then you would think that some fresh-faced lawyer, at some point in the 217 years between the time that the Bill of Rights was ratified and 2008 when Heller was decided (and certainly between the time that the DC gun ban was enacted and 2008), would have already convinced the Supreme Court to hold what the Court held in Heller. And yet, nobody did. Instead, the closest thing we got was Miller, which was a step in the opposite direction.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Gun laws have mostly been going against us since 1934. It takes quite some time to get rid of decades of laws.

Segregation (and certainly not racism) didn't dissapear the second the Supreme Court handed down Brown v. Board...it takes time. With any luck we'll win. It just takes time.

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.
Old 01-25-2013, 3:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Old 01-25-2013, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Poor Wild Squid; eight arms, two tentacles and nothing to hold on to.
Old 01-25-2013, 5:08 AM
Oy vey
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
Ok I vote post of the year... I finally have something to put in my sig file
Old 01-25-2013, 5:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
Maybe we didn't like the way you said it
The truth doesn't always feel good. Have some more Kool Aid.

Last edited by RileyBean; 01-25-2013 at 5:45 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 6:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

IBTB
Old 01-25-2013, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyBean View Post
The truth doesn't always feel good. Have some more Kool Aid.
You should look before you lip.
You obviously don't know a thing about me
Old 01-25-2013, 6:43 AM
Living the dream
CGN Contributor

Save your fingers the time A.G., Riley has been trolling for a while now and picks and chooses targets on a whim. Never offering a solution or a kind word, just put downs and blah blah posts.

FB

When they kick out your front door how you gonna come,
With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?
When the law break in how you gonna go,
Shot down on the pavement or waiting in death row?
-The Clash - The Guns of Brixton
Old 01-25-2013, 7:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
^^^
Best post evar!

I'm set for the year after this drama overdose...back to the real fight.

-Pete
Science without humanity
- Ghandi, Arun
Old 01-25-2013, 8:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
Squid:

Tell us what YOU have done?

Tell us what YOUR solutions are?

Explain to us why our 2A rights haven't been restored yet? I mean, if this is all so easy, why haven't you implemented your ideas and gotten it done?

And geez man...don't you know...NEVER GO FULL RETARD!
The lack of intelligence here never ceases to amaze.

OP says this:

Quote:
Ain't nothin has changed and you're still scrambling like headless chickens don't know what to do. Those of you who donated all your money to the cause have wasted it. Try something different next time. Instead of reclaiming more gun rights we are set to lose just about everything. We've already lost open carry, which was huge, a really big deal if you didn't know already. Yet some of you idiots thought it was great because it would then open a loophole to sue for Shall Issue CCW? Where was Calguns fighting for that back then? Oh wait, they weren't. They were sitting on their asses telling everyone not to get in the game unless they "had some teeth in the game". Oh, and all you armchair lawyers? Keep it up buddy, keep drinking the coolaid that Calguns
Most responses look like they came from 12 year old kids who dropped out of grade school.

Maybe the small numbers of us who haven't drank the Kool Aid are retards - but, between LA County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, and Kern County there has to be literally thousands of Calguns members - yet we have this:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ventura+county

Who are the real retards?

EDIT: Maybe not only retards, maybe also lazy losers who just like to play keyboard commandos.

Last edited by RileyBean; 01-25-2013 at 8:12 AM..