Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > New Frontier Armory -REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLoTuS View Post
i picked up my lower from Riflegear and i have a couple observations/issues that i think you guys need to know about.

First off i think it's plenty sturdy enough to function fine as a lower for any type of build, it does weigh a little less, but not by much since you are only replacing a relatively small piece of aluminum with a plastic one. you still have the other standard components on the lower. the fit with an upper is nice and TIGHT, no need for an accu wedge with this lower! The trigger is a bit stiffer than i would prefer but surprisingly crisp. i can't believe its all plastic. If i want better i have no problems replacing it. I wish i had a chance to try it out, but haven't yet due to a couple problems.

I'll start in order with the most glaring issues and these should be VERY easy to fix and most don't really have anything to do with the actual lower.
1. ALL the PINS/PARTS are PLASTIC! The biggest issue i have is with the PLASTIC takedown pins and PLASTIC detent pins! once again i have no complaint about the trigger/hammer group but the first time i tried to pop out the pins they were tight (detent was holding it tight) then sloppy. the rear pin popped out completely on my first attempt and it was a pain to put back in! the plastic detent pin was flexing so it wouldn't hold straight in the channel. once i finally got it in and made sure that the groove was lining up with the detent pin, i put the upper on it seemed to hold ok. then when i went to take the upper off the rear pin popped out again! and this time the pin + spring shot out never to be recovered. You guys need to at least put metal takedown pins + detent pins.

2. commercial tube? all the other lowers i have are using milspec, as i suspect most new builds out there. i would not mind paying a little more cash to get a milspec buffer tube + stock as part of the deal rather than having to buy a $40 new one. Also this should lower the weight of the lower.

3. not the Biggest complaint but since there is no provision to change out the trigger guard, why not have an oversize one molded in? is this because you bought the molds from someone else? they seem to look identical to the plum crazy lower's which i hear are using the same molds from the old carbon 15's. if that's why then i can understand it, otherwise there seems to be little excuse for having an oversize trigger guard if you started from scratch.

i think you have a pretty decent product that unfortunately seems to be held back by a couple of issues. i hope you guys do something about them and i wish you the best.

Was this overlooked/ ignored?

I'm looking into one of these complete lowers but a little iffy about the quality and how well it'll hold up. Also those "torture" test videos, the second video has too much editing at the right time to make one question this company and their product. Watch it and read the comments. I'd love to hear from someone who has put hundreds if not thousands of rounds through theirs.
Old 12-21-2012, 8:33 PM

Holy moly price just went up to $189!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaslayer View Post
Was this overlooked/ ignored?

I'm looking into one of these complete lowers but a little iffy about the quality and how well it'll hold up. Also those "torture" test videos, the second video has too much editing at the right time to make one question this company and their product. Watch it and read the comments. I'd love to hear from someone who has put hundreds if not thousands of rounds through theirs.
Before I bought one I asked a buddy in Vegas that used this on a build. He used it for a 22 build and says it shoots flawless. His buddy has over 10000 rounds through his 5.56 build with no issues with the all poly parts. I just finished my build with my newly arrived PSA upper. So far only changed the grip to a umbrella Corp grip. Taking it for a spin this weekend. If anything like blacklotus I also will change out the pins, but probably leave the fire controls the way they are.

Last edited by brix; 12-21-2012 at 8:50 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 5:00 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Local SoCal stores are $200+. The plastic lower ain't looking so much as a good deal anymore.

Maybe they switched to mil spec tubes, hence the price increase?

And why no more gtac uppers?

Last edited by DavidR310; 12-24-2012 at 5:02 AM..
Old 12-25-2012, 9:44 AM

I hope at least one of my fave dealers will carry the. LW15...Triple A 's in Vallejo, UG imports in Fremont, Tabor's in San Bruno, Reed's in Sta Clara, Peninsula in San Bruno & Antioch armory in Antioch...
Old 12-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Default transfer fee

If I order on your site do you know if riflegear will charge the crazy transfer fee or will it be just tax and dros.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by santandr View Post
I hope at least one of my fave dealers will carry the. LW15...Triple A 's in Vallejo, UG imports in Fremont, Tabor's in San Bruno, Reed's in Sta Clara, Peninsula in San Bruno & Antioch armory in Antioch...
We've done a large number of transfers to UG Imports. Not sure what their transfer fees are however. We have all their info on file.
Old 12-28-2012, 7:24 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

3-6 month b/o ouch!
Old 12-31-2012, 6:35 PM

probably b/c of the availability of lower parts kits. They had stripped lowers in stock few days ago.
Old 01-22-2013, 4:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hi. I am wondering if anyone ran into the same problem I am having and if they have a solution.

I bought 5 of these complete lowers and had them shipped to my FFL who owns a local gun store. I just went to DROS them, and they don't have a bullet button. My FFL doesn't know what to do as he is rather new to the business. Can he legally install the bullet button then DROS them to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2013, 5:44 PM

You wouldn't need a BB if you put a rimfire upper on it, but you might want to be careful about constructive possession if you don't have a rimfire upper.
Old 01-22-2013, 7:12 PM

ArmedJackal, you obviously ordered the California version and it came without a bullet button? Is that correct? I guess I'm bringing a bullet button when I pick mine up just in case.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^lebniis. Yes. Good luck!
Old 01-22-2013, 9:31 PM

Someone can feel free to correct me on this but he wouldn't be breaking any laws by selling you a standard lower (no BB).
After all it could be for a rimfire build, which doesn't need one. Our you could be planning on going feature-less. YOU would have to install a BB before mating it to a centerfire upper otherwise you would be in violation of the CA AWB.

Mine came without a BB.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

No he wouldn't be breaking any laws. However, I would be upset, that I was out $100. Call NFA and complain.
Old 01-23-2013, 6:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thank you!
Old 01-23-2013, 6:53 AM

Is there a price difference between CA compliant vs normal lowers? When I got mine during the initial batch of lowers, I had to pay extra for a BB at the time of purchase so during dros, the shop purchased installed it. When picked up the lower was gtg, and I was given original mag release in a my radlock packaging.

Last edited by outkastcrl; 01-23-2013 at 6:55 AM.. Reason: Fix verbage
Old 01-23-2013, 7:22 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkastcrl View Post
Is there a price difference between CA compliant vs normal lowers? When I got mine during the initial batch of lowers, I had to pay extra for a BB at the time of purchase so during dros, the shop purchased installed it. When picked up the lower was gtg, and I was given original mag release in a my radlock packaging.
Yes, $20.

So if he ordered 5 of them, he is out $100.
Old 01-23-2013, 7:33 AM

Tagged

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedJackal View Post
Hi. I am wondering if anyone ran into the same problem I am having and if they have a solution.

I bought 5 of these complete lowers and had them shipped to my FFL who owns a local gun store. I just went to DROS them, and they don't have a bullet button. My FFL doesn't know what to do as he is rather new to the business. Can he legally install the bullet button then DROS them to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try contacting NFA, I think the CEO is Guido, and when I had questions back in Feb '12 he provided prompt responses during the initial launch of their polymer lowers. In addition to the issues several complained about regarding the takedown / pivot pins and the safety selector on the first 2K. My questions were answered in a timely manner and hopefully their customer service isn't suffering because of the panic.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM

I picked up a complete lower for $150 locally. I'm going to shoot with it tonight. Anyone who thinks they can just drop a bullet button into one of these might be in for a surprise. I'm approximating here but it went like this. The factotry mag release only has to move into the frame 1/2" where a bullet button has to go in 1" ... This part of the lw-15 seems to be slightly tapered. While that doesn't interfere with mag release operation it does prevent a bullet button from being installed. I had to remove a little bit of material from the 4 radiused corners of my bullet button to allow it to fit into the frame. Not a big deal and not a lot of material had to be removed but that was my experience.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2013, 1:59 PM

Just wanted to say that I am 90% confident my Nfa lower has arrived. Reason being is I ordered 3 different lowers and the one brownells lower I do not think has shipped and was ordered last. This is to say that the NFA lower was shipped without a tracking number being sent to me. I haven't got a confirmation from my FFL that it is the NFA,but by deducing that my CMT lower is in the mail (I actually got a tracking number emailed to me). So ordered NFA lower 12/24 and delivered 1/22. Sorry for the grammar, phones.....

Planning on doing a low weight, low cost, featureless build with it. Any advice on ensuring I meet the 30" OAL being that it comes with a collapsible commercial buffer tube and stock? Thanks

Last edited by lebniis; 01-23-2013 at 2:01 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 2:05 AM

Are these still available? Great price on whole gun.

PX4 subcompact
XDM 3.8
Old 01-25-2013, 3:20 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trl707 View Post
Are these still available? WAS a Great price on whole gun.
Your about 30 days too late.

They were over 6mos backorder the last time it was up on the site. My guess is they reached a 1 year backorder and said screw it and just removed them all for their page.