Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2013, 6:52 PM
Maddawg46 Maddawg46 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central California
Posts: 683
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Question LC9 for CC?

Anybody carry a LC9? I usually carry a .45 Officers or my SR9C. I just purchased a LC9 and will have to practice with it some more. Pretty nice ,little 9mm. I figured it would be a good summer CCW for the Central Valley.

Last edited by Maddawg46; 01-10-2013 at 8:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2013, 6:55 PM
Sacmedic Sacmedic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: No. California
Posts: 198
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Use a LCP. Usable, but a bit small for full grip. The LC9 is hardly any bigger and has better grip. I think you will be very happy with its size. A t-shirt is all you need for cover. Practice with the trigger and you should have a great little summer gun.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2013, 7:08 PM
X231 X231 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 513
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I have one and it's the only gun I carry because it's light, comfortable, and I don't even realize it's there.
If you hate the long trigger like many do Galloway makes a mod for it that cuts the travel in half. If you carry IWB be aware that your holster can engage the mag release button. That happened several times on my Crossbreed. Wet the area where the release button rides and work a dimple into it .. I clamped a marble on and let it dry .. problem solved.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2013, 5:18 PM
Orson's Avatar
Orson Orson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 30
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I like my LC-9, and it's usually my carry piece of choice.

I also have a couple of bigger Rugers on my LTC; however, the ease of wear and concealment are persuasive reasons for me to stick with Elsie Nein.

.
__________________
Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
- - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 PM
BrokerB's Avatar
BrokerB BrokerB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Folsom , outside the walls
Posts: 2,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I carry lc9daily . Too comfortable to carry lc9. Use a crossed supertuck . I made my own extra owb single mag carrier clip on belt from kydex
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2013, 8:32 AM
Maddawg46 Maddawg46 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central California
Posts: 683
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
I carry lc9daily . Too comfortable to carry lc9. Use a crossed supertuck . I made my own extra owb single mag carrier clip on belt from kydex
That sounds interesting. Got pics of that mag holder?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2013, 1:41 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 34,277
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

So, for qualifying with the weapon, what course of fire is needed for an LC9 and its 3.12" barrel?
__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2013, 1:41 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 34,277
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

So, for qualifying with the weapon, what course of fire is needed for an LC9 and its 3.12" barrel?
__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2013, 3:55 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,773
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
So, for qualifying with the weapon, what course of fire is needed for an LC9 and its 3.12" barrel?
Same COF as all other weapons. I ran: .45 ACP w/5" BBL; LC9; S&W 649-2 (.38) w/ 2"BBL http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=671081
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-12-2013, 9:00 PM
BrokerB's Avatar
BrokerB BrokerB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Folsom , outside the walls
Posts: 2,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Same as all quals.My sw642 was tougest especially as i had shot both the lc9 and sw once before taking class . I had just purchased them . I'll post my mag holder tomorrow
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM
BrokerB's Avatar
BrokerB BrokerB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Folsom , outside the walls
Posts: 2,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

see if this works...

This is the 3rd or 4th one I made. They originally stuck up higher above belt line but would pinch my skin once in a awhile when I sat. SO I lowered them down a bit on the belt an dwork perfectly ..almost. once in a while I will snag them when brushing by an object. Because the kydex I used is very thin it sometimes cracks the "belt looP' part. I have reinforced thsi version with another kydex strip that I just glued inside. Its working but next version I will somehow tiny rivet or bond them better.

I dont spend a lot of tiem making the cuts perfect as its not easy to do and I spend most of my time heating and folding for correct tension to retain magazine. They hold perfect..Jump ..run whatever I have never had one fall out. I still have a 3x4 foot of kydex if anyone would like a bit to play with

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by BrokerB; 01-13-2013 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: pictures
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Sacmedic Sacmedic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: No. California
Posts: 198
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Nicely done sir.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2013, 2:30 PM
DocClark340's Avatar
DocClark340 DocClark340 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I carry a J Frame in a Black Hawk Pouch. I carry that way because at work I need deep concealment without the possibility of being made.
http://militarygear.com/blackhawk-belt-pouch-holster
I go the CrossBreed route on the weekends with my XD-9.
As it works out the LC9 fits in it perfectly. As soon as i can get it on my permit I intend to do so. The LC9 is only 2oz heaver then my Air-Lite 38spl at 17oz and with 7 in the mag and 1 in the pipe I have 3 more rounds in my firearm.

__________________
More Gun Control Laws are Insane
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
“Albert Einstein”
"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2013, 6:49 PM
CaffeinFeign's Avatar
CaffeinFeign CaffeinFeign is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: earth...for now.
Posts: 323
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I bought one of these for my wife for carry...seemed like a good idea at the time... I would not bet my life or hers on this gun. I must have gotten a Monday/Friday model. It has had less than 100 rounds put through it and ... well here is a picture of the frame that is wearing...i was not impressed and got her a EMP to replace it... But I do like the weight of the LC9. Maybe I just got a bad one..Oh well...that happends I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruger groove 3.jpg (95.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg ruger groove 1.jpg (90.7 KB, 81 views)
__________________
1 John 4:15 "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

My LC9 is my carry for light clothing- mostly summer, of course- but I prefer my SR9c. The LC9 can go in my pocket, where the SR9c is too large. Also, the LC9 was a little harder for me to qualify with- smaller grip slips a little, and shorter barrel makes it a little harder for me to shoot as accurately at 15 yards. I like the LC9, but I'm better with the SR9c, and also it's 10+1, as opposed to the LC9's 6+1.

Oh, and the LC9 fits (but not the SR9c) in a small pouch that I can hang on my belt when I'm wearing my kilt. Most of you will probably find that useful info!
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-15-2013, 1:14 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,773
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeinFeign View Post
I bought one of these for my wife for carry...seemed like a good idea at the time... I would not bet my life or hers on this gun. I must have gotten a Monday/Friday model. It has had less than 100 rounds put through it and ... well here is a picture of the frame that is wearing...i was not impressed and got her a EMP to replace it... But I do like the weight of the LC9. Maybe I just got a bad one..Oh well...that happends I guess.
Those are unusual markings for short-term wear--they appear more like single incident strikes where something isn't lined up correctly and gouges the piece. Those can sometimes happen during take down and re-assembly.

I've put about 900 rounds through my LC9 without hesitation and the frame and slide show no signs of unusual wear. You may want to contact Ruger to see if they have warranty issue.

On another issue, I've also added a Hogue Handall Junior Universal grip cover to the pistol. It takes some stretching and a little cutting to clear the mag release and the mag well, but that little piece of rubber takes a lot of the "snap" out of the pistol.

Using it, I've managed over 200 rounds during practice sessions without being beat up.

Cheers.

JR
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-15-2013, 1:20 PM
INJUNTOM's Avatar
INJUNTOM INJUNTOM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,504
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Anybody that carried an LCP for awhile then switched to LC9?

I'm thinking of getting one, but my LCP is like carrying nothing while my S&W 642 is just a little on the bulky side.
__________________
My house, garages, and business protected by ADT alarms.

Just putting it out there..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-15-2013, 3:59 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post
Anybody that carried an LCP for awhile then switched to LC9?

I'm thinking of getting one, but my LCP is like carrying nothing while my S&W 642 is just a little on the bulky side.
I use to carry an LCP as my secondary or backup, but it was just too small for my hand- and I don't have big hands. I couldn't keep it from sliding around a little with each recoil. So, I traded (PPT) with someone who had an LC9 but wanted the LCP. The LC9 is a little larger, but easier to hold. It was a good solution for me.

Another advantage is that, now, both of my carry guns are 9mm, so I don't have to stock another caliber. Also, I load 9mm, so my ammo logistics are better.
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-15-2013, 4:01 PM
INJUNTOM's Avatar
INJUNTOM INJUNTOM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,504
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
I use to carry an LCP as my secondary or backup, but it was just too small for my hand- and I don't have big hands. I couldn't keep it from sliding around a little with each recoil. So, I traded (PPT) with someone who had an LC9 but wanted the LCP. The LC9 is a little larger, but easier to hold. It was a good solution for me.

Another advantage is that, now, both of my carry guns are 9mm, so I don't have to stock another caliber. Also, I load 9mm, so my ammo logistics are better.
Where did you carry it?

Did you notice much of a difference in feel?
__________________
My house, garages, and business protected by ADT alarms.

Just putting it out there..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-15-2013, 4:59 PM
Ken Woodford's Avatar
Ken Woodford Ken Woodford is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redlands, ca
Posts: 335
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

My LC9 has been my CCW for over a year now. I upsized from the LCP.

Great gun...lots of bad publicity for the long trigger pull...but I don't even notice it.

Ken
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-15-2013, 9:38 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJUNTOM View Post
Where did you carry it?

Did you notice much of a difference in feel?
I carried the LCP mostly in my pocket, but the LC9 is distinctly heavier and larger, so is hard to carry in my pocket unless I am wearing just the right baggy pants with large pockets. The LCP fit in a little wallet holster, but the LC9 is too big for that. I can carry the LC9 in a coat pocket with no problem.

In warm weather, when I'm wearing clothes that make it more difficult to conceal my SR9C, I often carry my LC9 in an IWB holster- easier to hide than the SR9C under thinner clothes.
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-17-2013, 1:28 PM
DocClark340's Avatar
DocClark340 DocClark340 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
see if this works...

This is the 3rd or 4th one I made. They originally stuck up higher above belt line but would pinch my skin once in a awhile when I sat. SO I lowered them down a bit on the belt an dwork perfectly ..almost. once in a while I will snag them when brushing by an object. Because the kydex I used is very thin it sometimes cracks the "belt looP' part. I have reinforced thsi version with another kydex strip that I just glued inside. Its working but next version I will somehow tiny rivet or bond them better.

I dont spend a lot of tiem making the cuts perfect as its not easy to do and I spend most of my time heating and folding for correct tension to retain magazine. They hold perfect..Jump ..run whatever I have never had one fall out. I still have a 3x4 foot of kydex if anyone would like a bit to play with

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
What brand of holster is that? It looks like a Cross Breed but I could not find one like that on their web site. That's what I'm looking for is a single clip holster. I like the Cross Breed's but they are a P.I.T.A. to take off and on with the two clip version.
Maybe a N82 Tactical?????
__________________
More Gun Control Laws are Insane
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
“Albert Einstein”
"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-17-2013, 1:46 PM
DocClark340's Avatar
DocClark340 DocClark340 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeinFeign View Post
I bought one of these for my wife for carry...seemed like a good idea at the time... I would not bet my life or hers on this gun. I must have gotten a Monday/Friday model. It has had less than 100 rounds put through it and ... well here is a picture of the frame that is wearing...i was not impressed and got her a EMP to replace it... But I do like the weight of the LC9. Maybe I just got a bad one..Oh well...that happends I guess.
Dude, Get a hold of Ruger. They have outstanding customer service and see what they will do for you. That doesn't look right!!! When I had an issue with my SR9 they sent call tags for free, 1 week turnaround, all fixed at no charge!!!!!

__________________
More Gun Control Laws are Insane
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
“Albert Einstein”
"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-17-2013, 2:06 PM
FredoSD's Avatar
FredoSD FredoSD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,601
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

The LC9 is a great carry option. When carried IWB at about 1 oclock you can go all day and night with even noticing it. Driving, sitting, standing, walking or bending over has not been a problem. The only thing you need to address is the proper holster. I'm lucky since I make holsters, I had the ability to devote pleanty of time and effort to R&D when making my personal holster.
The LC9 hides very well under a t-shirt durring the summer. Durring the winter it will hide even more.

The long trigger pull was an issue at first but range time has cured that for me. If you want fast comfort on the trigger then the Galloway fix is the way to go. I range it weekly and have over 500 rounds through it by now. FMJ, JHP both feed flawlessly for me. I did have a FTfeed at first but a quick call to Ruger and they took it in for repairs right away. I have the lazermax sight system on mine and have no trouble hitting my mark at 10-15 yrds. last week at the range I ran a few 21 foot drills by hitting the home button on the carrier. 8 rounds well within the size of a mans torso in under 3 seconds.

Buy the LC9 if you can find one, I don't think you'll be sorry.
I made two holsters, the brown one rode a bit too high so I made the black one. "IF" I was able to carry in San Diego, this would be my EDC.



__________________
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not on there, I go to work."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-18-2013, 9:25 AM
BrokerB's Avatar
BrokerB BrokerB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Folsom , outside the walls
Posts: 2,369
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Its a crossbreed quickclip . some folks had issues with mag release being pressured . Crossbreed said to wet leather area and press a marble size object to create an indention . Mine didn't require that .
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-18-2013, 1:42 PM
DocClark340's Avatar
DocClark340 DocClark340 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
Its a crossbreed quickclip . some folks had issues with mag release being pressured . Crossbreed said to wet leather area and press a marble size object to create an indention . Mine didn't require that .
Ya, its there on the web site. Now I feel like a Dettedee.......


Dose anyone have any experience with N8 Tactical professional series holsters and the LC9? The only thing I am not impressed with is with the retention device built in. You have to twist the firearm inward to release it and the LC9 docent have a lot of grip to begin with.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=1792

Any personal experience guys???????

__________________
More Gun Control Laws are Insane
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
“Albert Einstein”
"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-18-2013, 2:03 PM
DocClark340's Avatar
DocClark340 DocClark340 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 310
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredoSD View Post
The LC9 is a great carry option. When carried IWB at about 1 oclock you can go all day and night with even noticing it. Driving, sitting, standing, walking or bending over has not been a problem. The only thing you need to address is the proper holster. I'm lucky since I make holsters, I had the ability to devote pleanty of time and effort to R&D when making my personal holster.
The LC9 hides very well under a t-shirt durring the summer. Durring the winter it will hide even more.

The long trigger pull was an issue at first but range time has cured that for me. If you want fast comfort on the trigger then the Galloway fix is the way to go. I range it weekly and have over 500 rounds through it by now. FMJ, JHP both feed flawlessly for me. I did have a FTfeed at first but a quick call to Ruger and they took it in for repairs right away. I have the lazermax sight system on mine and have no trouble hitting my mark at 10-15 yrds. last week at the range I ran a few 21 foot drills by hitting the home button on the carrier. 8 rounds well within the size of a mans torso in under 3 seconds.

Buy the LC9 if you can find one, I don't think you'll be sorry.
I made two holsters, the brown one rode a bit too high so I made the black one. "IF" I was able to carry in San Diego, this would be my EDC.



FredoSD,
Is that skateboard tape on the back of your LC9???

How is that working for you????

__________________
More Gun Control Laws are Insane
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
“Albert Einstein”
"Never leave your Cave without your Club……."

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-09-2013, 1:54 AM
dundadun dundadun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 38
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
My LC9 is my carry for light clothing- mostly summer, of course- but I prefer my SR9c. The LC9 can go in my pocket, where the SR9c is too large. Also, the LC9 was a little harder for me to qualify with- smaller grip slips a little, and shorter barrel makes it a little harder for me to shoot as accurately at 15 yards. I like the LC9, but I'm better with the SR9c, and also it's 10+1, as opposed to the LC9's 6+1.

Oh, and the LC9 fits (but not the SR9c) in a small pouch that I can hang on my belt when I'm wearing my kilt. Most of you will probably find that useful info!
Pics please? I'm interested in kilt carry options.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-09-2013, 9:54 AM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
Pics please? I'm interested in kilt carry options.
I'll see if I can find a photo that shows me wearing that pouch, or I'll take one. Bought it at USA Kilts; here's the link http://www.usakilts.com/kilt-accesso...pouches-1.html The one I have is the large one; the small one's too little for a gun.

You don't have many options with a kilt. I used to carry my LCP in the sporran, but that doesn't leave much room for wallet, cell phone, keys, etc. I traded the LCP for the LC9, and that's too big for the sporran.
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 668
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
I'll see if I can find a photo that shows me wearing that pouch, or I'll take one. Bought it at USA Kilts; here's the link http://www.usakilts.com/kilt-accesso...pouches-1.html The one I have is the large one; the small one's too little for a gun.

You don't have many options with a kilt. I used to carry my LCP in the sporran, but that doesn't leave much room for wallet, cell phone, keys, etc. I traded the LCP for the LC9, and that's too big for the sporran.
Here's the only photo I could find. You can see the pouch on my right side. It is made to fit a 3" kilt belt.

__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
dynamomark80's Avatar
dynamomark80 dynamomark80 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 203
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I was looking at the LC9 for ccw too.
I like the feel and weight. shot capacity (7+1) is ok but I maintain the ideology that you should hit a target every shot.

only con for me is the long double action only. DAO sucks when trying to place follow-up shots in a tight group but then again this isnt a target pistol is it. In a ccw situation I dont need to keep all in the x of a silhouette target, I just need to stop whatever threat I encounter so I give the lc9 a little slack here. After all how accurate can a lightweight short barrel. Some might prefer the long DAO pull as it may prevent accidental discharge because you really have to deliberately pull the trigger to fire.

not to many choices in that size. Kel tec has PF9 but I dont think it on the list. The Glock 26, Xd compact, and the S&W Shield are not much bigger then the LC9 but may not be as concealable as you would like. I like the feel of the S&W M&P serries but have not help the Shield yet.
As always shop around a see what else is available.
So for now Im waiting to get my hands on a M&P Shield but if I dont like it I will most likely get the LC9.

here is a link to Shield models. look at the CA variants at bottom of page here is link to shield page
__________________
I fear paper cuts far more than firearms.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-10-2013, 1:34 AM
dundadun dundadun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 38
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
Here's the only photo I could find. You can see the pouch on my right side. It is made to fit a 3" kilt belt.

That's actually pretty decent. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-24-2013, 3:37 PM
tacticalccwgear's Avatar
tacticalccwgear tacticalccwgear is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Turlock CA
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I wear the N82 Tactical iwb holster daily with my Glock 27 and it works great. I was worried about the twist to release the handgun before trying it. Once you wear it you will see that it's very easy to release yet offers excellent retention still. Unlike the kydex holsters nothing but soft suede ever touches your skin. This is good because no part of your weapon touches your skin. It also protects the handgun finish from sweat and body oils. I am a retailer for this product as well as a daily user. I wouldn't carry my handguns in anything else for an iwb holster.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-24-2013, 5:19 PM
INJUNTOM's Avatar
INJUNTOM INJUNTOM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,504
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

DeSantis Insider has been the way to go for me on all my guns including an LC9 that I finally decided to go for. Much easier to carry than my G27 but noticably larger and heavier than my LCP. I still end up carrying the LCP most of the time, but the LC9 is nice to have when you feel like you should have more.
__________________
My house, garages, and business protected by ADT alarms.

Just putting it out there..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-27-2013, 2:45 PM
johnjohn301's Avatar
johnjohn301 johnjohn301 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 147
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
Anybody carry a LC9? I usually carry a .45 Officers or my SR9C. I just purchased a LC9 and will have to practice with it some more. Pretty nice ,little 9mm. I figured it would be a good summer CCW for the Central Valley.
I carry LC9 in a Crossbreed MiniTuck. Couldn't be happier with the setup.
A little practice with that long-pull trigger and it is accurate and reliable.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.