Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM

Default In store pick up

Hey guys, I'm new to dealing with rifle gear and I store pickup, recently ordered some mags from them and used pick up as my shipping option. Do I need to wait for an additional email saying my items are available or do I just go in with my order confirmation and get them? Thanks
Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

We're they in stock when you bought them? If so they probably have them. I would call before hand though.
Than Oversexed & Underlaid...:D
Old 01-01-2013, 1:07 PM

Yeah they were in stock before and after I bought them. No more stock though, I might just stop in on Friday. I was just wondering if I am supposed to wait or not. I know they're swamped like everyone so I don't want to add unnecessary stress to their workflow.
Old 01-02-2013, 9:40 AM

I am in the same situation, hopefully someone from RG will respond to this.
Old 01-02-2013, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsideous View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to dealing with rifle gear and I store pickup, recently ordered some mags from them and used pick up as my shipping option. Do I need to wait for an additional email saying my items are available or do I just go in with my order confirmation and get them? Thanks
You just go there for your 'will-call' pick up.

My last pick up item with them was for a BCG. You calmly take a number. You wait your turn. You show them a print out of your 'Will-call' order confirmation. They go in the back to retrieve your order and thats it. Simple.
Old 01-02-2013, 4:36 PM

I bought an aimpoint PRO online and went down there 30 minutes later to pickup. I would call though as when they handed the optic over I immediately got an email saying it was ready to be picked up.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp
Old 01-02-2013, 5:14 PM

The 10 day wait from the initial panic buyers is just about over, There will probably be really long waiting times. All those sold out guns are going to be picked up.
Old 01-02-2013, 5:19 PM

It worked fine for me last week for some 10/30 PMags. They were in stock when I bought them online. I was skeptical because of of the madness, and had never been there before. It took the sales guy a few minutes, but he found them and I walked out happy. It was crowded but somehow didn't take long. Then they sent an email saying the order was filled, and my on-line order status was updated. Perfect!

It only could have been better if they had the stripped lowers I back-ordered 12/7/12, before the madness.

Last edited by MotoriousRacing; 01-05-2013 at 11:47 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsideous View Post
Print out your order and just take it in. Do take a number just in case you need to wait. Once in awhile, one of the guys will ask if anyone is just picking up an order that does not include a firearm. As soon as the order is 'fulfilled' (picked up), their system marks it as 'shipped'. That's why you get an email after the pickup.

I was in the store a couple of days ago. It was a ghost town (mostly because AR rifles are sold out). Lots of handguns and some bolt guns to look at.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 PM

I've never received any follow up emails or calls on my in store pick-up purchases. If it was in stock when you purchased it, just head on down. Once your order is placed, the item gets set aside for you.

I've always just showed up and gave them the order number without any issues. With how crazy things have been lately, calling may be a good idea, however, be prepared for extremely long wait times on the phone.
Old 01-04-2013, 7:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We don't send an email saying it is ready, but when you come in we process your online order, and part of that is marking the order as "shipped", which causes the system to send a "shipment notification" email, which you can ignore.

The traffic in the store has slowed down quite a bit since the past week so the wait is not as bad right now. I guess that happens when you are sold out of almost everything

www.riflegear.com