View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 1:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

After thinking about this for a couple days I realized the reasons I want out. I moved here in 1966 when the company my dad worked for expanded and transfered him out here from the outskirts of Chicago. He said then he didn't want to come here because there were "to many wierdo people out there". Little did I know his words would ring prophetic.

I remember growing up in SoCal and being able to walk anywhere without fear of getting your *** kicked for no reason. Had to walk because my mom didn't drive and dad worked two jobs so mom could stay at home. I used to go door to door in my neighborhood and ask the folks if they wanted their soda/milk bottles so I could go turn them in for bubble gum money. Now people, even your own neighbors, won't answer the door when you go over to say hi and give them a piece of mail that accidently got put into your box.

The list of societal degeneration I have see over my time in this state is staggering. I'm tired of this state continuing the hammer the good and working people of our communities with more taxes, fees, permits, stupid laws, taxes, levies, plain ole highway robbery to register a car in this state, taxes, more stupid laws...and on...and on...in order to support the dredges of our state. These fools in Sacto refuse to identify with the working stiffs of our state and continue to tax us and implement idiotic laws to the point of breaking our spirit and love of the state. I'm tired of driving on the freeways and having to dodge trash, holes that would swollow my motorcycle and shake me hard enough to have to wear a kidney belt to keep from bleeding when I pee.

I used to like living in this state because it afforded those who wanted to work an opportunity to better their own and their families lives. With all of the nonsense Sacto has imposed on our lives in the last couple years I no longer like living in this state and haven't for several years. We have retirement propery in another state and the wife will be retiring early next year. She has been working on our retirement house plans and we will be living in a much more friendly state come 2015. I truly find that sad as this state has natural beauty but unfortunaly, to me it is not worth dealing with having to carry my gun with me everywhere I go just to make sure I dion't get jumped by some jackass while pumping gas. I'll miss it but I can always come visit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE
I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.