View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 8:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Before you get yelled at, HAM is a meat, and was originally used to look down on amateur radio operators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatwrench View Post
I'm a prepper who wants to add communications to their preps and appreciates the great resource Ham is. I came across the below website tonight:

"Information is a vital commodity in a disaster situation. Whomever has any, in the absence of Internet, phone and power services will have a great advantage.

Radio Preppers aims to provide individuals interested in disaster preparedness with an independent tool for the exchange of information about emergency radio communications and preparations. Hopefully it will also help build a community of like-minded individuals who could contact and help each others in times of what is commonly known as “SHTF” or “TEOTWAWKI.” Like-minded here means self-sufficient, strong-willed and responsible people. Independent means regardless of nationality, race, gender, political and religious beliefs, as well as unrelated to any organizations. Whether you are a licensed HAM operator, CBer, or simply curious about radio preparedness doesn't matter here.

My motivation for creating this site came from my inability to find an emergency radio club that really wasn't related to some kind of organization, mostly governmental or politically affiliated. Survival is a personal, family or small community affair. I am always suspicious of organizations that plan on telling people what to do for their own good, or else."

http://radiopreppers.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html