View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Default It’s nice to put some of those wasted tax dollars in my pocket.

For all intents and purposes what I’m doing here has come to a complete halt. I’m staring at a wall. I was slated to come home next week. However, I just found out from higher ups that if they send me home now they will lose my replacement. Ergo, I have to stick around and pocket $5K a month doing absolutely nothing.

Oh, never mind they nearly sent me back home the same month I originally got here, and then they pushed me out to another detachment just to get me out of their hair. Now that detachment is out of here, and I’m back at HQ in the original situation I was before. The difference now is I’m not the guy they want to get rid of, but the guy they need to keep so they can have someone else in the future who too will do nothing.

Oh, I’m sure someone will make something up for me to do, and give the perception that I’m doing something, but whether I do it or not, or do it well is completely irrelevant because no one reads it or cares or will even follow up if I’ve done it. I’ll likely get a medal for it too.

Then when my replacement gets here, and we do left seat right seat I can tell him that what I was doing is no longer being done (because the folks I supported are GONE), and I have no idea what he will be doing. That way I can show him the special spot on the wall he gets to stare at for 9 months.

I of course was an idiot and already shipped a bunch of stuff home. So I only have one uniform now.

The very small upside out of all this is I will now no longer have to go to the ASU Inspection Drill Weekend when I get back.