View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop2queen's6 View Post
I'm possibly best qualified for Nuke School, Sapper, Seebees.

I want to go Rangers, Seals, Sniper, SF, but looking toward the future, NukeSchool would be the best option.

Is it difficult to take time off to go back to school go get a masters. Say, I go on a deployment, or be 2 years active, can I go back to school to finish a masters degree, then go back to active duty?
Enlisted Seabees are being cut back right now, ranks are thick with us cutting three b/ns and a regiments.

Civil Engineer Corps Officers actually need new ensigns, so if you can qualify with your degree and an FE pass, you may have a good shot. CEC will also pay for your master's degree as part of the community development, but only for other engineering degrees.

If you don't know anyone in the NSW community willing to vouch for you, you have no shot at being a SEAL officer. Also, if you DOR you will never get the chance to go back. Enlisted ranks is easier, but by no means easy. You'll have to get more advanced physical screening, do the PST test (different from std Navy PRT) and have letters of rec preferably from other team guys.

If you are actually really interested in joining the Navy and want to talk Seabees or CEC PM me.