View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 3:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by workin it View Post
In February every Sheriff in California met to discuss CCW's and each others methods of administering the program.
Me thinks this meeting either may have been motivated by, or was influenced by SCOTUS granting cert in NYSRPA on 2019 Jan 22.

Plus, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh got on SCOTUS and there was the ongoing drama with RBG's health at the time.

Maybe the remaining restrictive issuance sheriffs will liberalize their GC standards and liberalize issuance to try to head off LOC meet ups, rallies, and marches.
The more I think about this post by workin it, the more important I think it is. That's why I'm cross posting it here.

To have a meeting of all CA sheriffs re. "CCW's and each others methods of administering the program" is huge for those who care about CCWs in CA. Why would they do that? It would not make sense if liberal issuance counties wanted to restrict issuance, they all know how to do that: tighten up GC and reduce CCW processing staff. IMO, it makes the most sense if the anti sheriffs are concerned about how to issue a TON of CCWs quickly. In that case, the remaining anti sheriffs want to learn the best practices of places like OC, Kern, Fresno, Sacto, Shasta and newbie San Diego.

Here's the interesting part. Why would the anti sheriffs want to do that???

My guess is that their sheriff's association lawyers told them we'll probably win NYSRPA (and Rogers, if it gets taken too), and we'll win -- at a minimum -- a Right to LOC (i.e., w/o a permit, if we can legally own a handgun). The remaining anti sheriffs in "liberal", Leftist counties are scared to death that if they lose and cannot quickly issue CCWs to those who are qualified, gunnies will say "Screw that long wait! I'll LOC until I get my CCW." The anti sheriffs have, by their own restrictive GC policies, made it most likely that their own counties will have LOCing "like the Wild West," LOC meet ups, LOC marches, and LOC protests.

If that speculation is correct, I would expect some anti sheriffs to start liberalizing their GC policies and streamline their CCW processes ASAP to enable as many of us as possible to CCW so we don't feel the need or desire to LOC when we do win at SCOTUS. This might explain why Smith in Santa Clara says she's going to start issuing CCWs again, why Lopez in Yolo is liberalizing GC, why there are rumors that AV in LA Co will liberalize issuance this coming fall. (This might even explain why Whole Foods has recently been putting up "No Firearms" signs on their stores' entrances.)

The question is: how long will hard core anti sheriffs wait before liberalizing their GC standards? The longer they wait, the more gunnies there will be who will LOC in their counties after we win Carry but before that sheriff can issue them a CCW.

I've got a feeling we'll win Carry before 2020 July 01 -- 13 months (or less) to go!

Last edited by Paladin; 05-25-2019 at 9:04 PM..