View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 2:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholling View Post
It'll be interesting to see what comes out of the state legislature. I'm sure that democrats will demand high licencing fees, massive expansion of defined sensitive places to include 80% of Chicago, keeping the FOID law intact, and continuation of Chicago's home rule. The question is whether the Republicans there will hang tough or cave. If they can't get an end to FOID and home rule then they should just refuse to pass anything because Chicago will throw up a never ending series of roadblocks, restrictions, and taxes each requiring years of litigation much as they have for those trying to buy a handgun. The real key to Illinois politics is "what's in it for me" and from local officials to the state house it's as corrupt as Mexico.
Except the Pro-2A side kinda has the anti's by the balls on this one. The clock is ticking. All the Pro side has to do is keep saying no, and when the clock runs out the state goes unrestricted carry. So if they anti's want any kind of controls they're gonna hafta play ball.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun