View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 7:29 PM
Veteran Member

go to photobucket, choose your photo and click on "direct" link. then, click on the mountain/sun image icon and paste it here. it will then show.

with regards to your 308 reloading, where did you get the 35gr starting load? hodgdon's website shows start load @ 42.7gr. Are you using military brass? 0.5gr increments is a good start. go in 0.5 increments and load 3 rounds of each increment. load up to maximum powder charge (or a little more if you are comfortable with this), but make sure to look at each fired brass to look for pressures signs. if you see pressure signs, STOP! if you have extra loaded ammo at or beyond this charge weight, mark it and PULL these when you get home.

if your brass looks like it has an indented ring around the primer, chances are it is crimped. i have a method on how to organize my brass so i know whats already been swaged vs what is new brass or brass that needs swaging. during the primer seating process, if it feels tough, i stop immediately, check my process first (sometimes primer could be sideways) and if everything is ok, then i check the brass and swage it if it is crimped.

Last edited by bsumoba; 01-24-2014 at 7:33 PM..