View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 6:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Barack Obama reportedly told Sarah Brady regarding gun control. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Really? Thats the best you have? DO some investigation!

DID YOU CALL MCMILLIAN MANUFACTURING ON THE PHONE? NO? I DID ! THEY SAID IT WAS TRUE! (see below)
Dear God you must be an Obama supporter. No conservative could be so uninformed.
They are taking down COMPANIES not individuals.
FOR CHRISTS SAKE DO SOME INVESTIGATION!

Buy anything from Bravo company lately?
The charge will be listed under "PARTY AND BALLOON SUPPLIES" not TACTICAL RIFLE PARTS.

So why would they change how they are listed with the banks?

"On Thursday, the Director of Operations Kelly McMillan explained on McMillan’s Facebook page:
Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking [of Bank of America] came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an ‘account analysis’ meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked, ‘Can I [possibly] save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.’
‘That is correct’ he [said].
I replied ‘That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?’
‘You have to do what you must’ he said.
‘So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?’
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say."

Obama forcing banks to stop doing business with gun companies

Since January, President Barack Obama and his administration has been quietly pressuring the nation's biggest banks to stop doing business with weapons manufacturers. Last month, CBS reported that Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel, Obama's former White House chief of staff, is pressuring major financial institutions such as Bank of America and TD Bank to stop their financial backing of gun makers.
Vice President Joe Biden has also been quietly working behind the scenes to ensure that, when dealing with gun companies, financial institutions cancel lines of credit, financing for acquisitions, and financial advising.
The administration's efforts don't stop there. Since January, the Obama administration - led by Biden and Emanuel - has been secretly pressuring pension funds across the country to divest its investments in weapons-related companies. These federal and state retirement funds are a major source of capital for U.S. gun manufacturers.
Last month, Yahoo! reported that public pension funds in California, Illinois, New York, and Pennsylvania (all Democrat strongholds) have been selling off their investments in weapons-related businesses. These actions will lower these companies' valuations and put a financial squeeze on investors, management, and workers.
In a letter sent to the CEOs of B of A and TD Bank, Emanuel said: "In the past, the gun industry has stood in opposition to these safety measures. They opposed a ban on assault weapons on America’s streets, opposed a ban on military-style clips, opposed a criminal background check on all gun purchases and opposed any effort to crack down on criminal gun traffickers."
McMillan isn't the only firearms manufacturer being targeted by Barack Obama. In his letter, Emanuel pressured TD Bank to withdraw its $60 million line of credit to Smith & Wesson which makes the AR-15 assault rifle. In a separate letter to Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan, Emanuel wanted the bank to cancel its $25 million line of credit extended to Sturm, Ruger & Co.
Given B of A's recent actions against McMillan, major financial institutions are caving in to Obama's demands. Bank of America received $45 billion in taxpayer-funded bailout funds from the federal government since the 2008 financial crisis.
The effort to squeeze gun manufacturers are troubling not only to supporters of the Second Amendment of the U.S. constitution, which protects every citizen's right to own firearms, but to advocates of a growth economy at a time when the nation's effective unemployment rate may be as high as 14 percent nationally. The reason the government's 8 percent figure is likely underestimated is because it does not take into account the nearly nine million Americans that have left the workforce in the past two years.
In short, the administration's actions against America's firearms industry will likely result in the loss of tens of thousands of badly-needed jobs. Instead of making the economy his number one priority, Obama is making gun bans his top agenda.
American has historically been known as the center of free enterprise. Is that still the case? Barack Hussein Obama is clearly going after the bottom line of firearms manufacturers.
America's founding fathers protected citizens' rights to bear arms so that we would be able to defend ourselves against tyrants and criminals. Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the nation but is considered the murder capital of America where over 500 homicides occur each year. Criminals know that Chicago's residents are mostly unarmed, so that's where they strike.
The fallacy of liberals' arguments on gun bans is that they punish law abiding citizens by taking away their right to defend themselves. Indeed, progressives are often soft on crime, and thus are unwilling to mete out appropriate punishment on the bad guys who would do harm to our children and families.
George Washington wrote, "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." He added, "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
Who will protect us if martial law is declared?
Conservatives believe that bad people exist which means good people require an effective deterrent. On the other hand, liberals want to confiscate or regulate every tool that can cause harm, except the marijuana that they smoke.
America has much higher tax rates than "Communist China". Which begs the question: Are we still a democracy?
Here are other articles on Obama's gun control initiative:

The Obama regime’s Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) now has taken upon itself the determination that certain veterans are “mentally incompetent” and therefore prohibits these veterans from buying, selling, owning, or transporting any firearm or ammunition.

Dude, even Snopes is calling ya on this one.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bankofamerica.asp

Old intel, way out of date, and all false. Just so you know, My Mcmillan CS5 was purchased last month FROM McMillan directly, all on my BoA account credit card, no issues whatsoever. All McMillan cares about is if it says VISA, or MC on the front, they could care less about the bank issuing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene

Last edited by Stormfeather; 07-11-2013 at 6:54 AM..