View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Mine is now at the FedEx store a few blocks from my house, while I'm 25 miles away at work! (Hey, gotta pay for it, right?)

I paid Pyramid Air an extra $10 to check it over for function and partially fill it, so I won't put in that vinyl tubing "de-pinger" yet. Might as well listen to how it sounds without the depinger. (Apparently there is a ping sound that is made when you shoot, from the valve opening. And apparently a piece of vinyl tubing shoved into the air tank muffles the ping).

I have a friend with two scuba tanks that haven't been used in over a decade. They would need to be recertified (how much would that cost?) Then I'd need an adapter if I wanted to go that route. But I bought the hand pump because I don't like the idea of having to rely on a scuba tank refilling place (even if it's only about $8 to fill).

I've started saving up catalogs and old magazines, and sticking them into a large Costco Bulk Miniwheats box to use as a target. Oh why didn't I save up those old yellow pages?!

Gonna look around for a cheap place to buy "duct seal" to make a good pellet trap too.

My backyard is actually quite short, so I plan on shooting from inside my house, to the backyard!