View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:05 PM

Well said and nice shooting. An analogy would be that of stance...a perfect stance is great but when you're moving or startled you have to take the stance that the moment gives you. Nothing is perfect...

I've seen mag dumps while shooting with extended mag releases as well as mag dumps coming out of holsters. Sometimes it's a gear (holster) issue. Even with lots of training to get used to extended mag releases, the possibility of an inadvertent mag dump is daunting. If you run an extended mag release, make sure you rest your gun on its RHS on your night stand (even with stock mag releases).

I think most everyone does a bit of adjusting to eject magazines...in the heat of the moment the adjustment is sometimes not noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
Glock 21sf lots mag changes. Break my grip just fine and reaqquire it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmw3TAfTNBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqj43fM_ig

If breaking grip is and issue for you and you cant acquire it again then more practice is needed. Its always going to be about grabing you gun from holster or night stand and instantly making a perfect grip. You arent going to have time assesing these details when the time comes. Perhaps it's the gun but unless you have little hands and its a fat g21 then I don't see how this should matter.

I prefer changing my grip a little to eject mags. The competition guys have huge buttons extended toward thumb as to not break grip. It's real funny to watch them accidentally eject a mag during course of fire. Not so funny on a SD gun.

Last edited by PhoenixTacticalSolutions; 02-11-2013 at 4:00 PM..