View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
Interesting. Manipulating the mag release with the dominant hand would be awkward though, no?

I picked up Dave Spaulding's technique but find that my hands don't reset to the starting grip and I have to re-grip one more time to get original grip back which times some time.

P.S. The new PPQ M2 has the traditional mag release button.

A lot of methods seem awkward at the beginning until you get the reps in. Using the trigger finger to release the magazine on the same side is used by some (Dave Harrington on his G17 & G19) as well as like me on H&K USP.

On my ARs and 1911s I have ambidextrous safety. On my ARs, I now set the weapon on safe using my trigger finger and go off safe using the right thumb (I'm right-handed).

I don't like to break my grip either and that's why I have an extended mag release. The problem with some extended controls is that people don't give them enough reps or mechanically they're in their way or just going with the old familiar.

Quote:
The PPQ M1 had European-style magazine release paddles near the trigger guard, whereas the M2 meets the demand the company had been seeing in the American marketplace for the more traditional, changeable, ambidextrous push-button design at the front of the grip.

Last edited by ramzar; 02-10-2013 at 5:51 PM..